Rate the platinum difficulty  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the platinum difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_6.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.13

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gave it a 4. Levels are pretty simple and there is no problem to take gold trophies. Only thing that is challenging is 8bit versions of music levels at the end.

Even time trails are piece of cake comparing to origins.

I want to add that two trophies are very time consuming so you got to play challenges for months.

But it's not hard but boring. So please don't give 9 or 10 because of that.

I voted 4 too. Two time consuming trophies but nothing too hard exept 8bit levels, that were only levels I really hated and will never play them again :). Few invasion levels was really challenging, especially Quick Sand and Infiltration Station. If you have platinumed Rayman Origins then you shouldn't have much problems with this plat.

If you want difficult, play the vita version of this game. You have to be #1 in the world on a challenge in order to get a trophy! I doubt many people will have that platinum!

I don't think you need to be #1. It says you need to get a Diamond Cup at the end of a challenge. You just need to reach the Diamond threshold, which is extremely hard, nevertheless. I'd say Top 10 should be enough to grant you a Diamond.

I don't think you need to be #1. It says you need to get a Diamond Cup at the end of a challenge. You just need to reach the Diamond threshold, which is extremely hard, nevertheless. I'd say Top 10 should be enough to grant you a Diamond.

Nope, it's not top 10 finish, but I was incorrect with my original post. It should be top 1%, not #1.

Its quite funny reading all above posts rating this platinum low while according to psnprofiles there is not a single person that got the platinum yet.

Also it is interesting that there are some people that achieved the 1 million lums trophy but not the highest rank of awsomness which makes me wonder if rank 11 is the highest of awsomness ranks

Its quite funny reading all above posts rating this platinum low while according to psnprofiles there is not a single person that got the platinum yet.

Also it is interesting that there are some people that achieved the 1 million lums trophy but not the highest rank of awsomness which makes me wonder if rank 11 is the highest of awsomness ranks

The last 2 trophies is only grinding for 2 or 3 months. The platinum is easy only difficulty is one invasion and 8 bit stages.

Remember: Time consuming doesn't necessarily mean hard and that is especially true in the case of Rayman Legends

Well some games are time consuming meaning will take a month grinding to get the platinum and some games are time consuming meaning it will take many months grinding to get the platinum.

In that sense when after many months very few have the platinum it means its difficult to obtain as a normal person has extreme difficulty spending all this time just to get a platinum trophy

So basically the game may not be hard if you keep playing but there is real difficulty when a game demands of you to keep playing that long to get the platinum.

A rarity of a trophy is very good criteria to how hard it is.

I doubt that all those people that rated as a 2 or 3 would rate the same after they have taken the platinum, if they ever do.

Edited by nicogr78

Well some games are time consuming meaning will take a month grinding to get the platinum and some games are time consuming meaning it will take many months grinding to get the platinum.

In that sense when after many months very few have the platinum it means its difficult to obtain as a normal person has extreme difficulty spending all this time just to get a platinum trophy

So basically the game may not be hard if you keep playing but there is real difficulty when a game demands of you to keep playing that long to get the platinum.

A rarity of a trophy is very good criteria to how hard it is.

I doubt that all those people that rated as a 2 or 3 would rate the same after they have taken the platinum, if they ever do.

But if you read the description of what makes a game difficult, time is not a factor in the difficulty. Sure, not many people will have the platinum in the next few months.

However, that doesn't mean it's a difficult game. For instance, if Call of Duty had a trophy for reaching max prestige, it would take a while, but it's not difficult. The platinum on Black Ops 2 is under 1.5%, but it's actually quite an easy platinum to get, just most people usually play CoD for multiplayer, not trophies.

But, if this game had a trophy for getting a diamond cup, like the vita version, the difficulty level would increase! Because then it would be time consuming and difficult.

So long story short, people who have done everything but the grinding can say the game is easy and rate it a 3-5 if thats how they found it.

Won't be voting yet (as I don't have the platinum obviously) but I think it's a solid 5.

Some invasion levels are pretty tough ( rescue all 3 teensies) and the "living dead party" world can be hard (took me a couple of tries for some levels). The rest is either pretty easy or time consuming (reaching awesomness level 11).

AMAZING game, I love it!

Edited by charcham

I am giving this a 5, just 1 point less than I gave Origins. The invasions are generally easier than their time trials but Infiltration Station is on a par with Mecha No Mistake!

The 8 bit levels are just cheap. Lowering your visibility and removing all checkpoints is a bullshit way to make it harder.

I'll rate this a solid 5 as well. The main game itself can be tricky here and there, especially the Invasion levels, but it's nothing too taxing and it's a blast throughout. One of, if not the best game I've played all year.

The Daily and Extreme challenges are a bit of a toss up though, as far as time consumption is concerned. I can understand that the time investment might rub people the wrong way, but I had a ton of fun blasting through those each day, obsessively trying to shoot for a better and better score to pull off the diamond. Depending on how much time you invest into them, it's not impossible to be pulling a diamond a day. Once I hit my groove, ten days in a row I was pulling in double diamonds. Ended up nailing my platinum in 3 weeks and 1 day.

Heh, even managed to punch into the Top 10 leaderboard and ruin the monopoly the Europeans had on it, at least for today.

I think most of you are voting way too early. As people stop playing, only the hardcore Rayman players will be left. It will only be harder and harder to get good results on the challenges. If you are not good enough, and end up only getting bronze, there's no way you will be able to get the platinum before Ubisoft closes the servers. The online is not only a grind, but you will need a lot of skill.

• 1 month later...

If every person just back out after getting the platinum of the game then it should okay. Some folks are still playing and they are not playing for trophies. And they are damn good 20km on the challenges? insane. Which makes it hard to obtain platinum cup. And it's specially true for the vita version. Overall, this game is a 5 or 6 for me. If you really enjoy this game and can be persistent then its not that hard. The grinding can be fun. But if you are not platformer lover, then it's a nightmare.

I don't think time consuming necessarily implies difficulty. But time consuming could raise difficulty.

• 3 weeks later...

4? 3? SERIOUSLY?

I mean, sure, the game itself is easy but the challenges grinding is long and tough.This is easily 2 months doing tough challenges to get diamond cups to get the platinum. I bet 99% of the people who voted haven't gotten the plat yet.

6/10 easily. It should be annoying for anyone right now to get the plat, but it's doable. I personally loved it, and I think I will keep doing them challenges 'cuz they are cool. Anyway, hoping for a sequel on the ps4.

Edited by leokiko