Ubisoft really f***ed up

Boyblunder

Another game we aren't going to platinum due to the bullshit insane time frames it's going to take to get 2 trophies. Just as bad as "My Kung Fu is Stronger" trophy on Mortal Kombat, just aint gonna happen. I have done everything in the game. 2k points away from maxing awesomeness level, and 500k lums required. Yeah no thanks. It would take someone very sad to get those 2 trophies. I am very disappointed in UBISOFT, do they think these things through or do they truely believe people are going to want to play their game over and over doing the same fucking things?

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with everything you said. In fact, I was going to make a thread saying something similar. Guess I don't need to now :p

I can't believe Ubisoft thought this would be a good idea. Fair enough they want us to keep playing the game as long as possible but this is just absolutely ridiculous!

Fuck Ubisoft!

I have to disagree. The online challenges are a ton of fun and I am very excited every day to play them. It may take a while but I am very glad I have reasons to play this game for the next weeks. Tanks Ubi!

I agree, they are fun and i love this game. However, I think the amount of time this is going to take is a bit to over the top

I have to disagree. The online challenges are a ton of fun and I am very excited every day to play them. It may take a while but I am very glad I have reasons to play this game for the next weeks. Tanks Ubi!

Unless you are exceptionally good at this game and have the time to play every day for weeks you aren't going to get anywhere. The fact that it takes 1 day for each challenge to complete for 2 and 6 days for the other 2, realistically you're going to get 2 x silver or gold per day. Even if you were to get gold we are talking 100 days. FUCK THAT SHIT. You honestly saying you want to play Rayman Legends for that long considering the main game took 2 days? That is over 3 months. LOL I don't think so buddy. Ubisoft need to patch the game / give bonuses / add alot of DLC missions or they are going to lose out on future titles.

Edited by Boyblunder

I hate pointless grinding for trophies but thats not the case of Rayman Legends. I dont care that I can't get platinum in one week. These daily and weekly challenges are good idea and they are fun. And I have the reason to keep playing this game. And sooner or later platinum will be mine. Ubisoft don't force you to get platinum ASAP and play challenges everyday. It's only your decision. Btw I'd like to see some music levels DLC:whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

I really don't get the whole "it would take someone that's very sad" part of your post. Really, dude? You spend maybe 15 minutes a day to get a gold on the easy challenges, a silver on the harder ones, or, hell, even a diamond if you really got it down and there you go. Play something else in the meantime while you wait. Trophies don't make the game, and I think that's the mentality of most people, so I don't think Ubisoft is going to be "losing out" on anything.

You want the (very easy) platinum? Well, invest the time required to get it. It's not the end of the world, believe it or not, and there has been far worse trophies with far worse time sinks.

Wait....you are complaining that you have to actually play the game to obtain a platinum? Get a better hobby, quit playing games just to obtain trophies and have fun.

Or, get better at the game. If you are only getting bronze trophies while doing online it will take roughly 200 days to get the trophy. Just practice and get better in order to get a higher trophy rank to gain more points. Getting golds and silvers will drastically drop the time required to get the trophy.

I love the game, but I am a little miffed at the need to play challenges every single day. I don't have the time to do that so I may only get to play three or four days of the week - and even then I may only be able to get a silver trophy. Given I have 4000+ awesomeness points to get, it's going to be a long slow journey til I get my platinum. I'm hoping for DLC levels which have diamond trophies to get more awesomeness. Or, Ubisoft, be money greedy bastards and add a pay to reset the game but keep your totals. I'd pay $5 to pass the game again and get the trophies per world.

Not liking a trophy doesn't mean that everyone wants a quick and easy plat. Nice to see generalisations popping up though :whistle:

To me, a trophy that requires you to keep playing the same old challenges every day for 2 weeks - 2+ months seems rather lame. I would take a skill based trophy(ies) over that any day.

Not liking a trophy doesn't mean that everyone wants a quick and easy plat. Nice to see generalisations popping up though :whistle:

To me, a trophy that requires you to keep playing the same old challenges every day for 2 weeks - 2+ months seems rather lame. I would take a skill based trophy(ies) over that any day.

To be fair though; the more skilled you are in the challenges the quicker you'll get the plat ;)

To be blunt about it, there were far worse generalizations proposed by the very topic creator than just anyone stating that they were looking for an easy plat. But hey -- that's the blame game for ya'!

i really hated the idea of these 2 trophies,they will be endlessly!

the thing about the challenges is that getting the diamond cup is very hard and you need to be really good to get it all times

and the amount of lums is really absurd! you need to play almost the entire game 3 times to get it,if you chose not to grind

Edited by BreadSkin

• 4 weeks later...

and the amount of lums is really absurd! you need to play almost the entire game 3 times to get it,if you chose not to grind

It's actually ridiculously easy. The amount of lums you recieve just by doing challenges is huge.

My final figure when I got the plat was 1.8mil and that was with zero grinding for lums.

The Ubisoft servers are down every other day which makes this trophy really annoying.

Today I got on trying to do daily challenges and it was the same challenge like yesterday and it says that it runs out in 720h! Tried to restart the game, waited some time but it didn't help..

I was coming here saying the same thing. They really need to do something about the servers. And indeed, I got the same challenge today as yesterday :s

They really need to start doing some events so people can earn more points, but this is getting ridiculous :s

The problems with the servers grow worse every day.

It normally takes me 10 minutes before I can even start a challenge. Ubisoft should definitely do something about that.

They force us to play challenge after challenge when going for platinum, so they should at least take care that it all runs smoothly.

If this continues, I'll quit my attempt to earn platinum. It's just not worth it...

Am I the only one who hasn't been able to get on for the last couple of days to do the challenges?

Can't find any information other than one or two people saying they have had problems and the Ubisoft support twitter is filled with Assassins Creed 4 problems.

Either it is me or Ubisoft are having problems with AC4 and are using other games servers to get it to work.

Any ideas?

Yeah, the servers have been abysmal of late. I don't think there's anything we can do really.

For the last week or two the timings have been really messed up for me. When a challenge timer ends and I jump into the new painting, the old challenge will be there displaying five hours left. Really annoying.

Now that the five hours has ended, it's currently at 719 hours. Sort this shit out Ubisoft!

Edited by ShadowAFC