Can I haz Rayman 3 Guide?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Can I haz Rayman 3 Guide?

• No guide.
    • Quick guide.
    • Annotated guide.
    • Voice guide.

Hello. :dance:

I managed to complete this damn game while back and now I decided to finally utilize my excessive amount of time and hardware to record a video guide that shows how to get 100% on each chapter and each act. :rolleyes:

My only question is: Which type of guide you want?

• No guide: Video guide is not necessary. Nobody wants/needs it.
  • Quick guide: Hastily compiled guide following some tips from text guides. Minimal amount of commentary in form of text or audio.
  • Annotated guide: Guide that uses text and video effects to explain and illustrate how to get things done.
  • Voice guide: I'll comment (with my awful* voice) and explain how to accomplish various things. It's same as annotated guide, just less boring.

*I'm not sure if my voice is "awful", no one has never complained about it. I might have an accent though. :think:

Well. It seems in nearly 20 days I've got no response so I take it as "nobody cares". I'll leave it there for now, but I guess I'll have to take it down at some point.

Edited by FootballPsycho
Merging.

• 5 weeks later...

Although I think this is an excellent idea. I am afraid to say I don't believe there is demand for it. I know this because of how little attention this game got and hereby how quiet all the threads for this game are. I don't want to discourage you if this is something you wish to pursue, however I also don't want you to put a huge effort into this and be disappointed with the lack of response. I don't think that the problem is nobody caring more like very few people bought this game, which is a shame.

P.S. I'm sure your voice is very nice ;)

Edited by Tizoxity

I really appreciate you encouragement and thoughtful words. :)

But don't worry, even if I made this right now I wouldn't be disappointed if my efforts wouldn't get any attention. My main goal would be to get practice on recording, editing and voicing.

Since there exists many text-based guides, I figured adapting them to video format would be a good idea. Hence I made this poll to see if there were any true need for this.

You are right about there being very little demand for this. I expected that from the very start, but I wanted to give it a chance anyway. Let me go into more detail about this:

I have this urge to create content. Due to my mental illness and the fact that English isn't my first language, I'm bit discouraged to produce anything. I have this nagging feeling of anxiety because I think my voice is too high pitched (which would make me sound like a thirteen-year-old Call of Duty fanatic) and that my accent would make the videos unappealing, shifting focus away from the content itself. :scared:

Because there aren't any comprehensive guides for this game (at least not any I'm aware of) I thought it would be a great exercise for me to make that guide. But I don't want to make something that doesn't have any need, especially when you factor in my flaws. :think:

Well I think that if you want to use this as an exercise to help you practise at creating content and building confidence then I think it's an excellent idea, even if it doesn't get the attention it deserves I think the way it would benefit you would be very worthwhile. Also don't worry about content being flawed, everyone has to start somewhere and making mistakes is ok as long as you improve on them next time, this is a learning experience after all. If you decide to make these I would be more than willing to provide constructive feedback for you :)

Drop me a PM if you do :)

• 1 month later...

I'm waiting for a certain component to arrive in the mail so I can repair and mod my PS3 to begin recording. I'm going to upload couple samples with different styles and see which sticks. And by styles, I mean I'm either quick and informative or just riff and get angry at Murhpy's bullshit or the game fucking with me.

Also I'm considering streaming it online to let people participate, like in radio shows or something like that.

Regardless, I need to mod my PS3 to enable developer tools and unlock Full-HD recording because there's some retarded anti-piracy countermeasure in 1080p HDMI which blocks recording.

Apparently an HDMI splitter, like this one ([ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004F9LVXC/]Amazon.com: ViewHD 2 Port 1x2 Powered HDMI Mini Splitter for 1080P & 3D: Electronics[/ame]) can remove the HDCP protection, meaning you can keep your PS3 vanilla. :)

Just a quick google found me this topic : https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/how_to_bypass_hdcp_for_use_with_blackmagic_intensity_ps3_owners_read_here_26.html

Have a read, may find an easier alternative to modding your ps3.

Edited by Tizoxity

Oh, wow. I was aware of HDCP decrypters, but problem was the price and I don't like the idea of having another device in between Console and recording equipment.

To be honest, I have 2 PS3s; one is vanilla and the other I'm going to mod. That splitter would get handy in that scenario since I could boot either console and just start recording.

My goal with modding is to delve more deeper into those games with this: Video: PS3 Debug / DEX Real-Time Game Memory Modding Tutorial - Page 1 - PS3 NEWS - PlayStation 3 News - PS3 Hacks - PS3 CFW

• 4 weeks later...
Apparently an HDMI splitter, like this one (Amazon.com: ViewHD 2 Port 1x2 Powered HDMI Mini Splitter for 1080P & 3D: Electronics) can remove the HDCP protection, meaning you can keep your PS3 vanilla. :)

Oh yes it does. :D Got it i the mail few days ago and it works like a charm.

Now I'm preparing to record footage from the game and getting some help with recording audio.

I just need to finish playing Skyrim because I've been in the process of playing it for nearly two months now. I can't make this guide if I lack the determination to finish this game.:mad:

I'm trying to figure out how I can soundproof my room or the area where I'm recording. That would provide better sound quality and not bother my neighbors or my roommate.:think:

Yes. I get 1080p video and audio at full quality after maxing out all the appropriate settings.

I have mental and physical restrictions on making a lot of noise that will sound like bunch of nonsense to everyone around me. I don't mind what my neighbors think of me, but my roommate's opinions do matter. Soundproofing my recording area would solve both problems and improve audio quality.

We both have school. Except I have to travel 50km twice every day which adds 3 hours to my already long 8 hour days.

This pretty much guarantees I won't be alone when I get home. Recording would take too long since opportunities to do so would be rare.

Soundproofing is my solution, just need to find a way to either build some kind of box with sound proofing or buy one online.