Rate the trophy difficulty  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating 6.50

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

• 2 weeks later...

I'm giving it a 7, having got everything. The 100% levels could prove a little annoying, but most were fine (sans the damned Green Jewel in the snowboarding!).

It was quite a bit of fun, actually. I played this game years ago, and enjoyed it a little. Now I'd say I have a new-found appreciation :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Stamping with a 6.

Tricky part on gaining the 100 score is doing it on certain levels with flawless timing such as level 5-7 or the snowboard stage. And yet these levels and more pushes you to pick the proper route when it comes to score chaining and it pays off in the end. The camera is your enemy here as it can either slip you off your score or otherwise glitch in some occasions.

Nethertheless the scenery, humor, and Globox provide such entertainment and the gameplay itself was not too shabby so I recommend this game. But getting use to the 100 score routes for some levels may be too harsh on a novice that must use muscle memory and a bit of luck to ace these challenges.

Otherwise, handle with care.

Edited by SolitaryGenesis

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

6 is the very highest I can give it. There was one level, second last in the Desert of the Knaaren, which I'd consider difficult. The rest of the time it's just knowing where you have to go, occasionally having to fight the shitty camera and aiming. It's definitely not as hard as its rarity and reputation suggests.

• 1 month later...

Gave this a 6 and only cos i hammered it on the PS2 back in the day. I blasted through the majority of it, but even then i had to use a few videos to get me back into the habit of how to get your combos up nice and high.

Good luck to those attempting this on your first go. As a HD port it's not up to much and in that respect, i would have thought they would have given us a level select instead of chapter select. Which would have made things a hell of a lot easier. Instead i'd advise anyone to back up your save data after each level.

Peace.

Edited by plisken1979
typing errors

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I was going to go with 6, but then I got to the snowboarding level, and after that I went with 7/10.

After 90 minutes of trying to get that green gem I finally got it... only to finish the level at 65%. After managing to get the green gem a couple more times but miss the 100% I finally got it by starting the level fresh and getting it on the first try giving me a hell of a point bonus as I picked up a bunch of yellow ones before hand.

For me some of the 100% levels were a nightmare. I followed a video and did my best to replicate what they did. On one short level despite getting the exact same amount of points as the video I kept getting around 85% when they got 100%. In the end I looked at another video where they picked the gems up in a different order and got about 3000 extra points. I thought the first thing you get points from was the only vital part - don't pick up a red gem worth 30 followed by a yellow worth 10; you'll only get 10 bonus points as opposed to getting them the other way around, where you'll get 30 bonus points. It looks like there is some other factor to calculating how many bonus points you get that isn't really documented.

Apart from the 100% trophy everything else was pretty easy. The final boss goes way too long in my opinion, but at least it was easy and split into two levels.

• 9 months later...