Make multiple manual saves, game might crash while auto-saving and ruin your data!

mjc0961

Yeah, as you can guess by my thread title, my game crashed while it happened to be making an auto-save because this port is the best quality port out there. Now the game never loads the save file and it says "DIDNT WERK" on my save file along with having that dreaded Playstation Logo buttons icon instead of the proper artwork when I look at the save file. Now the game just gets stuck in an infinite loading loop when trying to load the save:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPlCw_4halQ]Ratchet: Deadlocked HD - Corrupted Save Glitch Warning! - YouTube[/ame]

That part about it having "DIDNT WERK" on my save file rather pisses me off. So the clowns at Idol Minds knew the game was prone to crashing even while an auto-save might be happening and all they did about it was add a stupid line to the save file claiming it doesn't work (with shitty spelling meaning someone probably thinks this is funny)? How about making it so the auto-save is its own file rather than one that overwrites the most recent manual save, you buffoons? I got this game for free and I still feel like I wasted my money, that's quite an accomplishment of shittiness.

But anyway, just wanted to put this warning out there. This game might fuck up and freeze during one of the numerous auto-saves, so be sure to keep at least two different saves and to save manually after important events so you don't lose too much progress if this piece of shit port takes itself on you.

How to manually save:

Bring up the pause menu with :start:, select options, and from there you will find the save and load selections.

Edited by mjc0961

I had an issue with my save file as well. I would just try to load the game and it would freeze every single time. I tried deleting the game and reinstalling but that didn't work either. I ended up loading it up in Co-Op and it somehow resurrected my file. Not sure if its the same issue that you have, but it might have the same effect for you that it did for me.

But yeah, I totally agree that this game is glitchy as hell. Graphical issues, sound issues, trophy/skill points glitching, and more. I love Deadlocked, but I was expecting a lot more from this HD Remaster.

I had an issue with my save file as well. I would just try to load the game and it would freeze every single time. I tried deleting the game and reinstalling but that didn't work either. I ended up loading it up in Co-Op and it somehow resurrected my file. Not sure if its the same issue that you have, but it might have the same effect for you that it did for me.

But yeah, I totally agree that this game is glitchy as hell. Graphical issues, sound issues, trophy/skill points glitching, and more. I love Deadlocked, but I was expecting a lot more from this HD Remaster.

I would try that but I already deleted the save file. Maybe it will work for somebody else this happens to, though.

I love Deadlocked too, and indeed I am disappointed at the amazing lack of quality from this port. I'll get my platinum and then delete this abomination from my PS3 and go back to my PS2 copy for future playthroughs. I only have this in the first place because it was free after the FFA debacle, but apparently they fucked that one up too as I've heard from people who tried the Vita version of it that it still runs like shit (frame rate problems). My only comfort in all of this is that Insomniac wasn't directly responsible for Deadlocked HD or FFA Vita, so if they do make another Ratchet and Clank game in the future, it probably won't run like shit.

Dear Idol Minds and Tin Giant:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpOJpuMNIKc]Alice Cooper - Go to hell (Studio) - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by mjc0961

It strikes again, got this comment on the video:

Three trophies away from platinum and this happened to me. I have to start a new game now. Skill points, bolts, weapons all gone. So disappointed and frustrated.

Yikes, three trophies away. Take this shit seriously people, you don't want to be next. :francis:

EDIT: Another comment from someone who was close to plat and then their save imploded.

I have not encountered this infinite save glitch,but I did just recently have my save glitch on me. Every time I load my recent save, after the third loading screen reaches the planet, the screen turns black and freezes my console. Completely disappointed because I was about to fight Vox with all of my weapons level 10 and skills points complete (except the s.p.'s that needed to be done in exterminator difficulty.) Tried searching if anyone has the same problem, so far none have come up.
Edited by mjc0961

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the EXACT same problem. I tried deleting the game data then reinstalling the game to no avail :(. I was only 4 trophies away or so from the plat I just needed to wrap up the skill points. Now when I try to load my save it gets to the 3rd load screen when the ships flies into the planet then my system freezes. EVERY TIME!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This just happened to me, jesus man i fucking hate this glitchy bag of shit.

About 8 planets into my Challenge mode playthrough mopping up skill points, just literally unlocked the trophy for 105 SP as i finished a challenge, game autosaves then crashes and goes black, :(

same DIDN'T WERK shit on my save too.

Luckily i have a save before i took on Vox at the end of the game so i havent lost all progress, i forgot to set the game to backup to plus too:mad:

Well ill redo my progress again tomorrow when im calmer, right now i could punch a hole in something.

• 3 months later...

Sucks that this is still happening to people. Just goes to show how lame Idol Minds and Tin Giant are. Include a nasty bit of game erasing stupidity, throw in a lame joke instead of actually fixing it, and then never fix it post launch with a patch either.

Will never give them money again (not that I gave them money for this in the first place, but still).

• 5 weeks later...

I had no problems the whole game, just as I was about to go get the last skill point (and my platinum trophy) the game crashed. When I tried to load it back up I got the "DIDNT WERK" save. Luckily I had read this thread beforehand and made multiple saves throughout the game. Be careful people, if I had to do everything again just for one skill point I would have been devastated!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...