Anyone else's cutscenes completely fucked up in this game?!

mjc0961

It gets stuck on certain frames and then the audio gets ahead while the video plays catch-up. The camera angle jerks around. Some objects just keep moving back and forth. And at the end of the cutscene when you first go to the battledome and Ratchet says "we'll see" just had his fucking head inside out.

So far the gameplay hasn't been affected negatively, but still, what the hell. I'm just glad this was free because I'd be pissed if I paid $10 for such low quality.

I'm getting the same exact thing. I even noticed that in the little introductory video Vox does, he seemingly has two sets of teeth on his top jaw, with the second set of teeth on the outside of his lip.

Then there's the fact that the controls don't seem quite right [i changed to Third-Person, then tried to go back to Lock-Strafe only to find it wouldn't strafe], there's no subtitles [i'm pretty sure they had them in the original], and then all the issues you mentioned. It just seems like a subpar port, and thankfully the gameplay doesn't suffer as much.

Also, am I the only one who noticed that this game seems to actually have worse lag then the original?

Well at least you're able to fully download/play the game.

I've tried multiple times now (even had to format my HDD) to download the game and it always get stuck at 46%. This morning I waited almost an hour and it wouldn't go past 46% so I said **** it and gave up.

Seeing as how the actual game is having problems too, I'm going to assume this is a ****ed download or something.

I know it's not my PS3 because I was able to download several other games without problems.

The only major cutscene problem I had was the one where it zoomed into Ratchet's head. There was another cutscene where Clank's eyelids were clipping thru his eyes and I noticed that Al's and Ace's eyes can't be seen through their glasses and visor respectively in cutscenes when I'm sure you could in the original. Also, some cutscenes look like I'm watching the original PS2 version on a SD TV, despite the fact that this is a PS3 HD port I'm playing on my HD TV.

No gameplay or audio issues that I've seen or heard, luckily.

Edited by Captain Urahara

I've tried multiple times now (even had to format my HDD) to download the game and it always get stuck at 46%. This morning I waited almost an hour and it wouldn't go past 46% so I said **** it and gave up.

Seeing as how the actual game is having problems too, I'm going to assume this is a ****ed download or something.

I know it's not my PS3 because I was able to download several other games without problems.

Y'know, I downloaded it last night, and it seemed to be hovering around 46% and 47% for a long-ass time. I ended up turning off the TV and did something else for a while and eventually came back to it finished. I'm not exactly sure just how long it took, but I remember it taking longer than it probably should have.

I didn't have any cut-scene glitches, but i had some skill point glitches. One i had to restart several times before it would pop. The other was that I had unlocked 4-5 skill points in the last two level despite the fact that I hadn't played them yet.

all-in-all I must say that this is by far the easiest Ratchet and Clank Platinum.

Try this. Go to the second option on your XMB "Game Settings", scroll right down to the last option "Network Settings" and disable the "Media Server Connection".

It might work. It did for me when I once had a similar problem.

Also, am I the only one who noticed that this game seems to actually have worse lag then the original?

You mean framerate drops? Yeah, after I wrote my first post, I got further in the game and it's tanked multiple times. Pretty shoddy.

I noticed that Al's and Ace's eyes can't be seen through their glasses and visor respectively in cutscenes when I'm sure you could in the original
Yeah, Al had no eyes for me either. It was very freaky, his glasses were just a transparent green filter over whatever the background behind him was. Edited by Reys

I've had a few glitches, like the bots getting stuck on things.

The weird cutscene jerkiness, exclusive to the in-engine cutscenes. All the pre-rendered (and still SD) are fine (duh).

I had the Ratchet inside-out face, and the teeth issue too. Both of which were one time things. Played through the game twice and it's only happens the times it does early on. Clank's eyelids do some clipping, but it's not as weird.

Frame-rate drops with tons of things going on. Easy to do when there are so many weapons that 'stay' on the field, and things like lava laying around. Mines, turrets, shields, it's a lot going on.

It's surprising that when Insomniac made the game on PS2, they didn't have a lower object limit. It's been so long since I played it on PS2, that I don't know if it had framerate drops or not.

Frame-rate drops with tons of things going on. Easy to do when there are so many weapons that 'stay' on the field, and things like lava laying around. Mines, turrets, shields, it's a lot going on.

It's surprising that when Insomniac made the game on PS2, they didn't have a lower object limit. It's been so long since I played it on PS2, that I don't know if it had framerate drops or not.

I know for a fact the PS2 version had some frame rate issues, but I actually think it was better than this version. All you needed was the turret launcher and a shock mod on the Endzone challenge and it'd start lagging pretty quickly, actually. I don't remember many other frame rate issues in the original, but I quickly noticed in this one the frame rate drops like a sack of stones once you start hitting 5+ enemies with any weapon with a mod that affects multiple enemies.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just started playing tonight and I must say it's worst port of any Ratchet and Clank from the PS2 era that's for sure I have experienced.....

Stuttering in story scenes

Graphical tears

Serious lag when in a large fight

The gameplay is fine but this has definitely had a quick if it onto the store to make money on the cheap scam that's for sure it did take long to come on the store but I just feel it never got the treatment that the Trilogy got which it should have Gladiator was a great addition to the series and a great game.