Old Skool skillpoint - Glitched (enemies spawning and suiciding)

I've been trying like mad to get this one but seem unable to. I know where all the enemies are, both indoors and outside. I also know that hitting enemies off ledges count as long as it's a R&C1 weapon that does it.

Do enemy deaths due to friendly fire count against me?

What I've just found out is two glitched robots that dies instantly if I go near them. According to video guides to getting this skill point they aren't even supposed to be there. They stand in the little doorway where you send down your spider bot to get a platinum bolt. As soon as I touch ground on the platform they blow up and all I see is their parts rolling out. I've hit them with the visibomb from a distance but that just triggers their suicide, usually takes two hits to kill but they blow up in one.

Gonna try again in challenge mode when the area is reset, that's all I can think of that may work at this point.

Anyone else having trouble with this one?

I ran through the level a couple of times trying to get it and it wouldn't pop, then I checked my skill points and I already had it... So it may be glitched because when I got it it never even gave me a notification.

it seems i got it aswell. tried 8 times now even by killing those near the spider hole platinum bolt using a visibomb. nothing...

i tried every weapon combo, avoided the use of gadgets, and even wrenched my way through the level, nothing helped.

EDIT:

i may have found a possible solution. after messing around for long enough i switched off my playstation and switched it on again. killed all enemies with R&C1 weps including the ones using a visibomb near the spiderhole at the end of the main route

it worked for me on 1st try. i can't tell if this is just dumb luck or a fix at this point. please try it if you have it and post it here for the rest.

Edited by SIE

it seems i got it aswell. tried 8 times now even by killing those near the spider hole platinum bolt using a visibomb. nothing...

i tried every weapon combo, avoided the use of gadgets, and even wrenched my way through the level, nothing helped.

EDIT:

i may have found a possible solution. after messing around for long enough i switched off my playstation and switched it on again. killed all enemies with R&C1 weps including the ones using a visibomb near the spiderhole at the end of the main route

it worked for me on 1st try. i can't tell if this is just dumb luck or a fix at this point. please try it if you have it and post it here for the rest.

I can confirm that this works. I didn't get it after several tries as well, yet when i restarted the game, i suddenly got it. Thanks for the tip by the way.

Yeah I've been trying this several times and no luck, I'm on challenge mode and I've checked if I already got it and I don't.

I have already exited and reentered the game and it didn't unlock, now I'm wondering if I'm screwed cause I got the Mega upgrades for the R&C 1 weapons and I'm wondering if that voids this skill point.

I'm also uncertain about the wrench as I have the upgraded wrench and killed some of the enemies with it.Now since that one isn't from the first game maybe it makes this unatainable as well.

Also does it matter if enemies fall to their deaths?You fight on fairly small ledges for most of the level and they can easily get knocked off, just wondering whether that affects the skill point.

Any help would be appreciated cause I just did the two race skill points and beat the thug leader as giant clank with only melee attacks and I'd hate this one to ruin everything.

Edit : Scratch all of the above, I missed a bunch of enemies I didn't even know where there.It's near the second tank, the room that has very narrow pathways over what I thought were lethal drops.But actually there are a bunch of those small, dog-like robots down there, killed them and got the skill point.PHEW!

Now I am kinda surprised that those aren't mentioned in the skill guide as they're especially easy to miss.

Edited by BullZeye

if youve upgraded your wrench you cant use that i used wrench and failed i used bomb glove visibomb and tesla claw and passed

dont use the wrench

You re wrong. I used the most upgraded wrench and I got it on first try. It is more random I guess. Make sure you dont miss any enemy (for ex. those little robo enemies - they are bellow you at one point - under a platform but you should be able to hear them so just use the trophy guide and should be ok)

It is a weird one this skillpoint. I was going for this the other day. The only weapon I used was the Mega Tesla Claw and after a few tries it worked fine.

The only thing I can think of that was different was the potential for friendly fire. About half way into the main path towards the fight on the moon there's a bunch of about five or six enemies and with all that's going on it's tough to tell whether it's you that's killing the enemies or whether they're doing each other in. :/

• 3 weeks later...
This worked fine for me... :think:

Did you make sure to kill the "Patrol Robots" in the Facility? They are quite strong and take about 3 Visibomb hits to destroy.

These + the small turret like things that fire the laser rays are easy to miss.

• 1 year later...

This one was being a pain in the ass for me as well, I had to do the "restart the game" trick to get it to work. I didn't catch the message that popped after you got the skill point, I thought it said "new armor available" so I went to the armor vendor and the game f'n froze on me. Reloaded and found the skillpoint was again locked >__<

So overall I was forced to run through this 5 times, three making sure I killed everything...the 4th unlocking the skillpoint originally, then the 5th unlocking it for good after the game froze at the vendor.

• 1 year later...

EDIT:

Worked like a charm!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...