XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > R (PS3) > Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time

Old 11-19-2009, 12:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver   Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Default Challenge Mode Difficulty

Tried to search the forum and google it, but couldnt find out if you got the Challenge Mode trophy if you changed the difficulty from how you completed your normal game.

I completed the game on Hard on my first playthrough. I then changed the game difficulty to casual and beat Lord Vorselon and got the gold trophy for beating him. I then visited the Insomniac Moon as that was the last trophy I was missing.

After the trophy popped up I looked a bit around and started the Challenge Mode from the Extras in the menu. I'm still on casual, and will post my answer as soon as I finish the playthrough, crossing my fingers

EDIT:

Well you should check out this thread now.

I just got the Glutton for Punishment trophy and my platinum. I completed challenge mode on CASUAL after completing my main game on Hard. I also BYPASED pretty much all of Clanks puzzles as well as to save time. So my challenge playthrough was no more than a little over 3 hours actually

I did however change my difficulty setting from Hard to Casual before I battled and got the gold trophy for beating Lord Vorselon. (I had already got the gold trophy for beating the game on hard of course) And went straight into Challenge mode after that, it probably works either way, but just to let you guys know.

Last edited by Takk_For_Maten; 11-20-2009 at 01:25 AM.
Takk_For_Maten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Fractal

I'll be watching this thread lol

Fractal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Member of the Month Winner

Sorry cant help. I played through challenge mode on hard difficulty still. However, I dont see why it would matter. The trophy just says to complete a playthrough on challenge mode so seems as if you are fulfilling the requirements

Trophy Card and Trophy Case in spoiler tag
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
mycuccismells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah I noticed too when you Go to Challange Mode Via the Extras Menu or Via the choice after Beating the Game the Difficulty settings stays whatever it was after beating the Game, but it does unlock HardCore in New Game options.

So I'm just wondering why it doesnt change it under the Options Menu, If I go all the way through the game and find out it never actually changed the difficulty im gonna be pissed(Mainly cuz the Damn Clank parts in the Great Clock are Boring As Hell)

I'm assuming though Challange Mode is In fact HardCore, the enemies do appear to take more hits b4 they die then they did on Hard. It would just appear for some reason whatever Difficulty the game was set to prior to switching to Challange mode via Extra menu or after beating stays there.

Survived the PS3 Leap Year bug of 2010 & the PSN Blackout of April-May 2011

Last edited by Tparsons5150; 11-19-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Tparsons5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver   Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal View Post
I'll be watching this thread lol
Well you should check out this thread now.

I just got the Glutton for Punishment trophy and my platinum. I completed challenge mode on CASUAL after completing my main game on Hard. I also BYPASED pretty much all of Clanks puzzles as well as to save time. So my challenge playthrough was no more than a little over 3 hours actually

I did however change my difficulty setting from Hard to Casual before I battled and got the gold trophy for beating Lord Vorselon. (I had already got the gold trophy for beating the game on hard of course) And went straight into Challenge mode after that, it probably works either way, but just to let you guys know.

I edited the first post so that everyone can see that this works!

Last edited by Takk_For_Maten; 11-20-2009 at 01:25 AM.
Takk_For_Maten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

So, to sum it: After getting the hard completion trophy you can drop difficulty to casual and do the tournaments you haven't done, get Vorsilon, play challenge mode and so on?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

sry im a bit simple minded, but I finished the game on Hard, started challenge mode, when I go to the in-game menu to look at the difficulty it still says Hard. Would this prevent me from getting the trophy or no? thanks!
MistaSense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Demus

Since it is here, I may as well use this thread to ask a couple of questions I have.

1. Is it necessary to have to buy the Omega weapons in challenge mode, or will you be able to get through alright with weapons from your first playthrough?

2. I know that you can bypass Clank’s puzzles, but what is this the drawback for doing it? Do you lose bolts or something like that?
Demus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaSense View Post
sry im a bit simple minded, but I finished the game on Hard, started challenge mode, when I go to the in-game menu to look at the difficulty it still says Hard. Would this prevent me from getting the trophy or no? thanks!
Reload your hard plathrough and change the difficulty to easy and then start a new challenge run so the difficulty will automatically be set to easy. Don't mess with the difficulty level during challenge mode since i believe it'll block the trophy.

My Trophy Case
BostonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demus View Post
Since it is here, I may as well use this thread to ask a couple of questions I have.

1. Is it necessary to have to buy the Omega weapons in challenge mode, or will you be able to get through alright with weapons from your first playthrough?

2. I know that you can bypass Clank’s puzzles, but what is this the drawback for doing it? Do you lose bolts or something like that?
You don't really need any of the omega weapons but you may want to just upgrade to omega for the ones you use most often.

The only drawback for skipping the clank puzzles is that you don't get the bolt reward at the end. No big deal really.

My Trophy Case
BostonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote