XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > R (PS3) > Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

Old 02-03-2012, 06:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Default Weapon upgrade confusion

So i noticed this but wanted to be sure. I dont know if i just dont see it and i am the only one, or if anyone else noticed this too

The usage of the weapon doesnt upgrade it. Is that correct?

Other R&C games, the more you use a certain gun, the better it gets. This game, you buy the weapon upgrades. And you only upgrade 3 different things.

The only thing that you gain from playing alot is the bolts and the level of your character, which i am not sure how you level up
Crealkllr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   2,500 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Silver   Bronze Submission   Helping Hand   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Rockets Must Have Died
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

Everything you said is correct. You level up just by playing the campaign offline or online. You earn points that go towards your level which really doesn't do much except unlock some skins.

Last edited by TheNukes; 02-03-2012 at 04:48 PM.
TheNukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNukes View Post
Everything you said is correct. You level up just by playing the campaign offline or online. You earn points that go towards your level which really doesn't do much except unlock some skins.
ok wait so the levels unlock skins? so you only level from picking up hero bolts? Because i thought hero bolts give you more skins.

or could the level help with your attack?
Old 02-06-2012, 03:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   2,500 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Silver   Bronze Submission   Helping Hand   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Rockets Must Have Died
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
ok wait so the levels unlock skins? so you only level from picking up hero bolts? Because i thought hero bolts give you more skins.

or could the level help with your attack?
Hero bolts give you skins and levels give you skins as well, you level up just by playing the game.

Last edited by TheNukes; 02-06-2012 at 03:18 AM.
TheNukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNukes View Post
Hero bolts give.
OH ok. i am alittle disappointed then. they could have made the character levels more important. No one really cares about costumes or skins, as once i platinum this game it wont be fun to play anymore. I will probably just play if anyone on this site needs help.

Could have made the attacks stronger, or a bolt multiplier to help others. idk more skins sounds like more useless stuff
Old 02-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

So I need to beat the game with one character and do all their upgrades then replay the game again with the other 3 characters until I get their weapons updated?

And having the updated weapon with each character will count for the trophy? That sucks!
jefxfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefxfree View Post
So I need to beat the game with one character and do all their upgrades then replay the game again with the other 3 characters until I get their weapons updated?

And having the updated weapon with each character will count for the trophy? That sucks!
Each weapon needs to be updated. You dont have to go into each character for the trophy. 1 character can update all weapons, and then go to each character to get their specialty weapon, as the other weapons are upgraded on the other character.

A tip is to get 1 million bolts before buying upgrades

you can level select, so Uzo city is the best place to get bolts. Just redo that level (with online friends)
Old 02-20-2012, 11:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

It is kind of crappy system especially if you have been around since R&C 1 but it is what it is and it's not changing. Make the most of it and everything will be fine. It's still a fun game and a pretty easy Platinum if you ask me.

Check this out: http://poormansreview.tumblr.com/
flash88 is offline   Reply With Quote