Ratchet & Clank '2016'

vava

Street Fighter kind of beat them to the punch with the "Game based on a Movie based on a Game", and if you want to stretch it out then PoP Forgotten Sands is the tie-in to the Movie too :whistle:

Anyway, the game looks amazing for the PS4. It could certainly use a subtitle like every other R&C game but I guess they wanted it this way so as to link it more easily to the movie.

I honestly though that Insomniac was done with the franchise. Good to see this guys back :).

So this is a reboot then?
This is the game for the movie. There's a Ratchet & Clank movie coming out next year, this is the game for that movie. Like how we had Spider-Man 2 the movie, then a game under the same name based on that movie came out, this is the exact same deal.

So not really a reboot.

My reaction as I watched the video is summed up pretty well by Bink's image above. This is just awesome. I very rarely get games as soon as they release but this game could very easily be one of the few, especially if it's going to be cheaper than normal. Cannot wait!

Looks like I'm going to do a R&C marathon early next year :D I own all 10 of them on PS3, if we ignore those PSP games that were not made by Insomniac.

[ame]

[/ame]

:drool:

Ratchet and Clank PS4 priced cheaper than your standard new release - Game Idealist

Hope this doesn't mean it's a short or budget game like Nexus, I'd rather it be full price and have more content if so.

They confirmed on the PS Blog that it's still a full length title.

Ratchet & Clank on PS4: Where Past and Future Meet

Specifically: Ratchet & Clank on PS4: Where Past and Future Meet

I wish they would have made a new entry following the Future series, rather than remaking the original. The game looks great, but I want to see the series go forwards, not backwards.

Yeah, blame the movie on that one. Ratchet didn't really need a "reboot" like this, but at the same time, I fucking love me some Ratchet and Clank and since this will still be a new experience, I'll take it.

I even preordered this, and I never preorder anymore. $40 + Bouncer preorder bonus + this game is going to kick all kinds of ass = yes please. 2016 = the year of finally turning on my PS4 for a bit.

(preorder bonuses are still bullshit though :thumbsdown:)