Am I the only one who doesn't like this game?

I played the orginal Ratchet and Clank years ago on PS2. And replaying it, i had a huge amount of fun. Then i took a little break before playing Going Commando, and that game was great. i loved it.

But playing this one... im just not enjoying it very much. I feel like Going Commando was a much better game.

as petty as it seems, I also really don't like the menu layouts in this.

I'd rank them.

1. Going Commando

2. Ratchet & Clank 1

-

-

3. Up Your Arsenal

Am i crazy?

Going Commando was the pinnacle of the series for me as well, so you're not alone on that island. Many of the levels in Up Your Arsenal lacked the diversity that I felt Going Commando had.

Silver City Boldan had the player ascending throughout the level while magnetized on certain buildings. The desert level and the facility allowed for gliding. Maktar and a couple others had soooo many breakables. This list can go on for a while. You don't get this with 3, just a lot of flat levels with dudes, less breakables, and not a lot of variation from running and jumping. The arena was a notch below RC2 as well.

Although 3 gave us some ranger battles, which I felt were a good edition, we also got stuff that was completely unnecessary and I felt cluttered the game, like two shields or the warp thing. I even felt the bouncer was too much because other weapons eventually had this added as a secondary effect, which homogenized the feel of the all the weapons.

Best villain award I have to give to Dr. Nefarious. That guy kills me. 2>>3,1 for me.

Usually it's either Going Commando or Up Your Arsenal for people's favorite of the original trilogy. I really thought each game was better than the last for the first three, so for me...

1) Up Your Arsenal

2) Going Commando

3) Original

I do get where you're coming from though, like someone above me said, Going Commando had the most diversity in its planets. Some of Up Your Arsenal's really bore me and feel bland, a trend that continued with Deadlocked. Overall though, I loved the many weapon levels, Nefarious, and vehicles finally being fun. I thought Up Your Arsenal had slightly better humor too, but they are both the funniest of the entire series. One thing I will give Going Commando though is it had the better RYNO. The RYNO II might just be the best RYNO.

• 2 months later...

The Ratchet and Clank games were some of my favorite 3rd person shooters growing up. The gameplay in the first game was rough due to not having the ability to strafe, but besides that it was good. The second game had me hooked as when strafing was your best friend this game, plus you could wear a tuxedo while killing people. :D Finally, Up Your Arsenal was one of my all-time favorites of the three; sadly, DeadLocked was not included in the trilogy - loved that one!

Have some R&C games but they never really do much for me.
I would call them enjoy games to (P), you would really like them, Kfree!

Usually it's either Going Commando or Up Your Arsenal for people's favorite of the original trilogy. I really thought each game was better than the last for the first three, so for me...

1) Up Your Arsenal

2) Going Commando

3) Original

This is how I would rank them too! :dance:

Somehow I own every single R&C game, but I've never touched a single one. One day...
Do you have the HD collection? They are good games, why? D:

I got the collection a week ago, and I love Going Commando a lot. I think the original wasn't that good...I didn't even beat Drek yet, I'm up to it..but I don't really feel like grinding to get the Tesla Claw/Ryno or any of those gadgets. And I don't even feel like I rushed through the game, very difficult to get bolts...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...