Tricky Vita

JOSLAW

The areas you have to touch are quite small, not much bigger than my fingertips. I constantly missed the correct areas and was close to rage quitting when I got the idea to tape off the uninteresting parts of the touchpad with some rough sticky tape, so I get at least any kind of haptic feedback if my fingers were at the correct position. Still took me a while to get the Twisty McMarx stunt done, but I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten it without it.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The L2 and R2 placement on the vita are very akward indeed. The Tricky trophy is probably the hardest trophy on the vita version to obtain, but not impossible. U just have to practice a lot on the big jump on Rilgar. Hit the boost pad before the big jump and then do your best to land the trick.

(I got the platinum yesterday) :applause:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I finally got this after failing many, many times since I was having issues with getting enough flips for the move. If anyone is having difficulty with that like I was, I suggest try holding either L2 or R2 when you do the jump, then hit the other one, and then L1 and R1. I ended up getting it first try that way. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm struggling with this, do I need to do L2 then R2 then L1 then R1* while in the air, or do I have to press one of these and the up arrow at the same time?

* I understand these can be in any order.

P.S. This race is so much harder on the Vita than it was on the remake on PS4.

*edit*

After lots more reading I see that I just need to be holding the left stick in one direction, while pressing each of the buttons. Still haven't managed to complete it though.

* edit 2 *

Done now and speedy done as well. Hands hurt lol.

If anyone else is still struggling with this you need to get quite high off the big ramp where the pile of crates are floating in front of you.

Push forwards on the left stick and press each button ensuring Ratchet does a 360 before pressing the next button.

I found the left back of the Vita didn't always register the press.

Edited by Xorro

• 1 year later...

took me an hour, had to take my grips off the vita. i felt like if you didn't go straight off the ramp after hitting the boost arrow, your first flip wasn't fast enough to fit 3 more in. you'll know right away cause that 1st flip goes quick. if you don't flip quickly, you have no chance.

then when i got that down i landed it 3 times without it counting because i didn't time the flips to the tricks exactly right. if you let go too soon, it cancels out the trick. do it too late and it might not count the new trick with the flip you are currently doing.

• 1 month later...

this is frustrating me right now. 2 hours on it so far, dam vita

Edit

Just got it on my 4th session of trying.. i know its an old game but what no one mentions is when i decided to hold each button and not just press them then i got the trophy. I also got the trophy on the 2nd ramp and not the main ramp

Edited by dittyeating