Easier Bolt glitch (repeatable)

Dark_Overlord

There is an even easier infinite bolt glitch that can be performed on Rilgar

When you arrive on the planet, head to the left (the hydrodisplacer side) at the 3rd hydro pump thing drain the water, in the tunnel below use your taunter, it may take some walking round to find the exact spot, but when you do it gives bolts at roughly the same rate as the race track glitch does (with far less hassle :D )

EDIT- Went back a 2nd time, and the glitch still works meaning unlike the race track, this can be repeated

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm that it works. Not sure if it's faster or slower, though. I'll try to post an image if I can get it to upload.

EDIT: So, my phone sucks and apparently it won't store any photos or videos (I filmed a Far Cry 3 glitch and it ate that, too apparently), and I don't own a camera, so... I guess I'll give you my best description possible.

Go into the pipe like Overlord said. Go to the further portion of the pipe past the little raised bit that had the breakable obstacle that's closer towards the back. Face back where you came from and move to the left immediately past the raised bit. Use the taunter, etc.

Another EDIT: I don't think it works multiple times. I went back to test it again, and it doesn't work anymore. I made sure I'm standing in the exact spot and everything. It might have worked multiple times for you, but not for me. So, just a little warning for people trying to use this, it might not work multiple times.

Edited by Auron
couldn't get image apparently

Another EDIT: I don't think it works multiple times. I went back to test it again, and it doesn't work anymore. I made sure I'm standing in the exact spot and everything. It might have worked multiple times for you, but not for me. So, just a little warning for people trying to use this, it might not work multiple times.

It does work multiple times, it's just the position seems to change every time for me. The one time I had to stand at the raised bit (where the breakable wall thing was) and aim right, and this time I'm about 3 meters further down in the pipe :) Try a different position. Also at times it requires standing exactly in a certain place to work :)

It does work multiple times, it's just the position seems to change every time for me. The one time I had to stand at the raised bit (where the breakable wall thing was) and aim right, and this time I'm about 3 meters further down in the pipe :) Try a different position. Also at times it requires standing exactly in a certain place to work :)

Maybe. I did run all over the pipe trying to make it work, but I'll certainly try again. But as of what I was able to find, I couldn't get it to work a second time. Doesn't mean it doesn't work a second time, but still good to be cautious.

Maybe. I did run all over the pipe trying to make it work, but I'll certainly try again. But as of what I was able to find, I couldn't get it to work a second time. Doesn't mean it doesn't work a second time, but still good to be cautious.

Fair enough :) like I say at times you have got to be spot on with where you stand for it to work. I'd madly run round aiming all over the place till a bolt sounded, then narrow it down to a small area and move slowly around it :)

It didn't work again when I came back to it. I tried several times, covering every part of the tube. However, when I started a new playthrough up, it worked. Pretty sure that's no different than the stadium glitch, though.

Should this work if I've already beaten the level in my first playthrough? I'm getting close to the final boss, and I'd love to have all the weapons and max nano for the battle.

Yeah, you can come back whenever. It works at any point (granted, it only worked the one time for me, and I had to use the stadium one to finish up my million bolts, but it works at any point so long as you haven't done it yet).

This is so easy to access and find! As described above by Dark_Overlord and Auron, it's in the tunnel you access by draining water at the third hydropump station on Rilgar. Once in the tunnel, break the grill midway through with the wrench, go just past the slightly raised bit where the grill was, turn around and hold down the taunter. It looks like I'm getting about 30K+ hour. Not sure how that compares to the other bolt glitch. After I'm done, I'll leave the planet and return to see if it's repeatable.

I've attached a crappy photo taken with my digital camera that shows the location.

EDIT: I went back after visiting some other planets and couldn't repeat this. After 8.5 hours, I collected almost 300K bolts--enough to buy the weapons and upgrades I needed to finish the game. I just didn't want to tie up my PS3 any longer to get all 1 million for the trophy.

Edited by Satnamji

Couldn't get this working properly, though I had no trouble with decoy glove glitch. Note that I was gaining 40 bolts/sec on the racetrack using the decoy glove glitch on my third playthough. Will try and get this one to work to compare gain rates.

Couldn't get this working properly, though I had no trouble with decoy glove glitch. Note that I was gaining 40 bolts/sec on the racetrack using the decoy glove glitch on my third playthough. Will try and get this one to work to compare gain rates.

If you want to compare rates I've been doing this for about a couple days and I am just about at 1 million bolts.

The decoy glove one looked confusing so I just stuck with this one, can't wait to get the trophy. :dance:

IDK how you found this but it works great! Going to let it run for a bit and do some math on how fast it is for me. Also will try again later. Thanks for this!!:D

Edit - Ok so how its going for me is about 65,000 an hour witch is not to bad, not sure how fast the race track glitch is.

Edited by newgroundsguru

IDK how you found this but it works great! Going to let it run for a bit and do some math on how fast it is for me. Also will try again later. Thanks for this!!:D

Edit - Ok so how its going for me is about 65,000 an hour witch is not to bad, not sure how fast the race track glitch is.

65K/hr!? I was only getting 33K going back to the level (first playthrough) after having already done everything else in the level.

Did you run the bolt glitch during the first time your reached the level? Just curious because I didn't do it all the way up to the 1 million trophy, and I'm in my second playthrough (on Rilgar) and trying to decide if I should do the glitch now or come back later if I still need it.

I made one mistake with this game and that was to have multiple save files. I'm a nervous one so I always make double saves thus resetting the million bolt trophy for some strange reason if I understood the info right. So this glitch saved me tons of work. I put a hammer on the o-button and went for bed and after that I went for work. I had 58.000 bolts from start and when I got back from work I had 1.224.000 bolts which makes about 72k an hour, not bad.

Many many thanks for sharing this glitch.

Normally I don't care if I have to grind, you can always watch a movie while grinding but due to the resetting it just felt boring.

65K/hr!? I was only getting 33K going back to the level (first playthrough) after having already done everything else in the level.

Did you run the bolt glitch during the first time your reached the level? Just curious because I didn't do it all the way up to the 1 million trophy, and I'm in my second playthrough (on Rilgar) and trying to decide if I should do the glitch now or come back later if I still need it.

I did the other half of the level first then went to this side, im trying to get it to work again but it not working for me..

I can confirm that you'll get about 66,000 bolts per hour if you do the glitch the first time you get to Rilgar, as just happened to me during my second playthrough.

During my first playthrough, as I posted earlier, I went back to Rilgar after beating the level to do the glitch and only got 33,000 bolts per hour.

I'm so glad I learned about this. I had tried to do it a few times with no success. Then I went on to a new play through at least twice and would try when I got there in story and then it happened during the 2nd. I got it to work and just wanted the trophy so bad I held the button for hours until I reached almost half a million. I got the trophy and checked the time and had it 3 hours prior. I counted all the weapons costing half a million but didn't count all the times I had to buy stuff in story and reload ammo. Guess it was a lot. Now on to 2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I'm trying to test this out and see how the glitch works and doesn't work. Using a save I backed up to the cloud, I've been trying a few things with it. I've found that it works fine at the "speedy" rate (1000+ a minute, 60k+ an hour) when I am first on the planet (as reported earlier in this thread).

However, when I save and quit the game, then go back to the glitch spot (I do not leave the planet), I find that I can't get the glitch working again. This is annoying because I would prefer not to do this in one sitting, just do it in bits over time leaving the system on for a few hours, not like 10-12 hours.

What I haven't tested out is if leaving the planet and coming back will reset it or not. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that it might lower the rate at which you gain bolts if you do this, but that's not a huge deal. If I leave it on for a few hours and get like 300k-500k, I can do it in smaller intervals later even if it is not as fast. I just want to make sure I can come back at all and get it to work again.

Edit: So yeah, I tried leaving Rilgar and coming back. I could not get the glitch to work again. So it looks like I really will have to do it in one sitting. Argghh.

Edited by Veritas7Ax