for those of you who got 1 million bolts legit

thelostkin

It just took me 3.75 playthroughs (I was on my 4th/challenge mode 3), & that was with going back & revisiting planets multiple times every playthrough(smashing boxes/lights, using the metal detector).

do you need to have 1 million bolts in your inventory or just accumulate bolts to 1 million over time throughout multiple playthroughs... so meaning after spending all the bolts on everything.. do those bolts count towards the 1 million?

do you need to have 1 million bolts in your inventory or just accumulate bolts to 1 million over time throughout multiple playthroughs... so meaning after spending all the bolts on everything.. do those bolts count towards the 1 million?

The bolts have been accumulative for a lot of people (I would say the majority, including myself) however some people have said they needed 1 million in the inventory. If you don't need to buy anything I would avoid it just incase yours' isn't accumulative.

• 4 weeks later...

Right now I have 377,663 bolts and I've bought all weapons except the RYNO and the only gold gun I have is the Tesla. I'm basically finished with Challenge mode 2. Could start #3 within 15 to 30 minutes if I wanted. I REALLY hope it's not a million at one time. But I stopped buying guns/upgrades just in case. Once I get the million, I'll go buy everything else.

This is just a dick move by the trophy creators. In the other ratchet and clank games getting to a million would still be hard but the bolt multipliers in challenge mode and the amount of bolts found overall are exponentially more than in the first game. I love this game and have played it since the ps2 days for a total of about 10 times. I won't be getting it legit because I don't want to hate the game by the end of it.

This is just a dick move by the trophy creators. In the other ratchet and clank games getting to a million would still be hard but the bolt multipliers in challenge mode and the amount of bolts found overall are exponentially more than in the first game. I love this game and have played it since the ps2 days for a total of about 10 times. I won't be getting it legit because I don't want to hate the game by the end of it.

lol yupp thats exactly what i did

I usually never condone of cheating to get trophies but in this case it's FULLY justified because Idol Minds clearly screwed this up. In R&C 2 and 3 it's easy to get a million bolts, even millions, so they must've thought 1mil in R&C1 would be similar to 2/3 but it's not. 2/3 only take roughly 2 playthroughs to get their million bolt requirements, but in this game you need about 4! Anything more than 2 playthroughs is defeating the purpose of playing games, it turns into a chore/grinding rather than fun.

Up to 2 playthroughs is acceptable. First run purely to have fun, the 2nd to do all the things you missed the first time and squeeze a bit more out of the game before quitting.

So go ahead and use the glitch. I started it on my 3rd playthrough and it took me about 5 hours. The 2nd and 3rd games are MUCH more fun and nowhere near as much of a grind, so go ahead and use the glitch then enjoy platinuming the next 2 games.

• 1 year later...
Probably won't even plat this game. Not playing this game 4 times to get that one bolt grinding trophy. No thanks. One of my favorite series, I do not want it ruined.

As much as everybody says it is in a single run, it is not. The Bolts are cumluative through all playthroughs. Plus, there are other methods you can do to get the trophy; however, that would defeat the purpose of this thread. :p