80 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite of the Trilogy

• Ratchet & Clank
    • Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando
    • Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal

• 2 weeks later...

Ratchet and Clank 1.

There are 3 main reasons for this:

- Planets - Such memories! They have so much charm and character.

- Characters - Loved Drek as the villain, liked Qwark, Al's Roboshop and most of the others.

And my main reason - RATCHET!

His voice and character in R&C1 is soooo much better :cool:

2 was always my favourite back when playing on PS2 and it's still my favourite here. 1 has a good story but the gameplay feels a lot slower and sluggish whereas 3 has great gameplay but a not so good story. All the humour in it feels way to corny and I found myself hating every character except Ratchet, Clank, Nefarious and possibly Qwark. 2 just improved on everything, more interesting gadgets, better working weapons, less repetitive levels and an equally entertaining story plus likeable characters. I'd say 2 and FTOD are still my favourites of the series.

• 1 month later...

1 for sure. 2 was just bleh. I never liked how the series continued in that direction of needing to keep buying and leveling new weapons because the old ones become useless. In #1, you can keep using early weapons like the Bomb Glove and Blaster and not be completely screwed over because the game is balanced well. 2 is of course the worst offender. They did better balancing the games as time went on. Another thing I hate about 2 is how uninspired the weapon design is. Just give Ratchet a bunch of giant guns that he has to hold in two hands. Yawn. 1 and 3 have far more interesting weapons.

As for 3, it's way better than 2, but I still like 1 the most.

I think the RYNO II was the best in the series, much better than the first RYNO.

Oh yeah... 2 also had and still has the worst RYNO ever in the entire franchise. First off, it's not even a missile launcher. It shoots little white balls. WTF. It also burns through ammo quickly and doesn't have that same awesome feel of destroying tons of stuff with one pull of the trigger like the first RYNO did. First RYNO = best RYNO.

Edited by mjc0961