Impossible Challenge made extremely easy

In Joba there is a battle arena, and one of it's challenges are the Impossible Challenge. There are 60 rounds in the first playthrough, and 100 in second. Beating it in the first playthrough is only awarded by 200 000 bolts, but it can still be done in the second playthrough too for 2 000 000 bolts. It's far from as hard as it sounds.

There is like a loop of 10(9) rounds getting increasingly more difficult each iteration. Round 0(1)-5 is on the ground and round 6 to 9 in the "cage". This we can abuse with some small tricks. I say (9) and (1), because the first iteration starts at round 1 and not x0.

To make this very easy you will want Decoy Glove and Heavy Bouncer with all mods and fully upgraded. Heavy Bouncer can easily take out a lot of strong enemies quickly. Once you get to the x6th round start you will be taken up to the cage. Here you should use the Heavy Bouncer to easily take out enemies. Once in the x9th round you will want to go down to the edge and place a couple of decoys using the Decoy Glove. After this is done, quickly take out the enemies with the Heavy Bouncer. Once back on the ground you will see the enemies go after the decoys they can never reach. You can therefor then take them out painlessly by throwing your wrench at them. Watch out though, the Barlowian Saur-Beast (the big purple animals), can start roaming around when you hit them and push them out of their position under the decoy. You should also collect all the ammo you can before next cage match.

The last round (60/100, depending on playthrough) is againt the Megapede. As usual, you should have fully upgraded your weapons and upgraded them with all their mods. Equip Kilonoid and Tesla Barrier. Hold R2 to aim at the Megapede and shoot at it with Plasma Storm. Once a piece of it has fallen off, make sure you look at it so the Kilonoids takes care of it. Repeat shooting at the Megapede and the piece that falls off until you win.

Quick breakdown:

• Round x0-x5 is ground battle, where you should use your wrench to take out enemies and collect ammo.
  • Round x6-x8 is cage battle, where you should use your Heavy Bouner to take out the enemies quickly.
  • Round x9 is also a cage battle, but here you should use the Decoy glove to place decoys near the edge of the cage before quickly taking out the enemies with a Heavy Bouncer to protect the decoy and end the round.
  • Last round (60/100) is against Megapede. Use Kilonoid, Tesla Barrier and Plasma Storm to take it out.

I used the Black Sheepinator for the entire thing and then switched to the R.Y.N.O.II when the megapede came in.

Piece of cake, did it the first time :)

Yes, I know about the Black Sheepinator. The only problem is, this can actually make the arena stop working properly. It is a known glitch. In any case, what is written in the guide makes it far more easy. Trust me, as I've done both.

• 1 month later...
With decoy glove it's easy, but even without isn't that hard, just make it with upgraded (orange) weapons.

Sure, but this way it wouldn't be that hard, perhaps a bit annoying, if they had a skill point for not getting hit once or maybe not get hit more than x amount of times while doing the Impossible Challenge.

EDIT:

lol, like 8 people have voted 1/5 stars on this thread. xD Not sure why though, the Black Sheepinator way may glitch your game and this is by far easier.

Edited by MMDE

Would love to see a video of this method.

It's really easy. When you get to the cage match rounds, you need to go to the middle of the arena and jump up before the lava takes you. When you get to the last round of the cage match, just place decoy gloves (replicas of you) near the side of the cage match arena that is the closest to the lava (ground arena) as possible. If the decoy gloves are still around when you get down the enemies will be going after the decoy gloves, but since it is above them, they will never get to them and just stand under them. They won't try to hit you.

It's really easy. When you get to the cage match rounds, you need to go to the middle of the arena and jump up before the lava takes you. When you get to the last round of the cage match, just place decoy gloves (replicas of you) near the side of the cage match arena that is the closest to the lava (ground arena) as possible. If the decoy gloves are still around when you get down the enemies will be going after the decoy gloves, but since it is above them, they will never get to them and just stand under them. They won't try to hit you.

Just tested this out. Worked a treat. I stupidly forgot to buy ammo go my sheik but didn't need it in the end. I'm almost certain that Megapede didn't come after me as I threw a decoy on the cage. I'm assuming with all the upgrades in new game + that the 100 version won't be so bad?

Just tested this out. Worked a treat. I stupidly forgot to buy ammo go my sheik but didn't need it in the end. I'm almost certain that Megapede didn't come after me as I threw a decoy on the cage. I'm assuming with all the upgrades in new game + that the 100 version won't be so bad?

It's almost just as easy.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
In Joba there is a battle arena, and one of it's challenges are the Impossible Challenge. There are 60 rounds in the first playthrough, and 100 in second. Beating it in the first playthrough is only awarded by 200 000 bolts, but it can still be done in the second playthrough too for 2 000 000 bolts. It's far from as hard as it sounds.

Just stumbled across this thread as I was going for the Impossible Challenge in Challenge mode (2nd Playthrough)

In Challenge Mode, the rounds are still just 60, identical to the first playthrough, there are no 100 rounds.