Wrench Ninja II: Massacre help

I've done this three times now - each time leaving the planet and coming back so that I start 100% fresh. I'd already beaten the level so I'm hoping that doesn't have anything to do with it. The last time I even took every weapon out of my quick select to make sure I didn't accidentally select it.

The only thing I can think of is sometimes when jump striking the guys on the turrets, the game automatically puts you in the turret. I never fire a shot and jump right back out. Do I need to go again and try double hard not to get in a turret?

EDIT: After about 20 completions trying to get a run through without getting forced into a turret (never happened) I finally got the skill point. This thing is glitched as all get up. I did the exact same thing every time. At least now all I have to do is level up the shield charger for the platinum.

Edited by GranTurismoGold

I've done this three times now - each time leaving the planet and coming back so that I start 100% fresh. I'd already beaten the level so I'm hoping that doesn't have anything to do with it. The last time I even took every weapon out of my quick select to make sure I didn't accidentally select it.

The only thing I can think of is sometimes when jump striking the guys on the turrets, the game automatically puts you in the turret. I never fire a shot and jump right back out. Do I need to go again and try double hard not to get in a turret?

Beating the level and coming back to get that skill point is fine, I got the skill point that way. I think the only thing you could possibly be missing is on the way to the second turret theres a big open space to your right, you can swingshot over that way and you will see some enemies that also need to be killed for the skill point. That place you swingshot over to also has a platinum bolt if you havent gotten that yet. Only thing I think could be making you miss the skill point.

Getting pushed into the turret after killing those guys in the turrets shouldnt affect the skill point as long as you dont shoot them when your in it, happened to me a few times and still got the skill point.

I just got this and I DID step on the turret by mistake right at the end, I'm surprised because the 5 attempts I had before that I didn't touch the turrets. I also let them kill eachother a bit (the turret guy just before the swing shot area seems impossible to prevent from killing his own). I also let them fall over the edge by hitting them. I think the key is to SEE them die. I did this in challenge mode.

and don't forget the swingshot section to the right before the 2nd turret guy.

Ugh. I just did it again. Upon landing in the ship, I went right towards the hoverbike races - no one there. Went left down the normal path. I killed everyone in that first hallway myself and didn't let anyone fall down below. I went through the entire level even going to the right where the swingshot and platinum bolt are. I opened every door to unlock every enemy.

Is my game glitched? Do I have to enter challenge mode again to try and get this the first time through?

EDIT: Well, I just entered challenge mode again since I have to upgrade my shield. Hopefully by the time I get back to that planet, my shield will be upgraded for that skill point.

Ugh. I just did it again. Upon landing in the ship, I went right towards the hoverbike races - no one there. Went left down the normal path. I killed everyone in that first hallway myself and didn't let anyone fall down below. I went through the entire level even going to the right where the swingshot and platinum bolt are. I opened every door to unlock every enemy.

Is my game glitched? Do I have to enter challenge mode again to try and get this the first time through?

EDIT: Well, I just entered challenge mode again since I have to upgrade my shield. Hopefully by the time I get back to that planet, my shield will be upgraded for that skill point.

it took me about 5-6 attempts so I don't get how it works either, lots of mixed reports if you read the comments on youtube, I'm putting it down to whether you see the enemies die or not, because I broke all the other rules and still got it anyway.

Edited by Vicx

I hope you aren't activating the Shield Charger weapon when you go for Wrench Ninja II. That could be your problem right there, as you can only kill enemies with the wrench (the Shield Charger can damage and even kill weakened enemies).

I just got this last night, still in my first playthrough but after having cleared the level a first time. I have the Box Breaker wrench and near-max nanotech and it was pretty easy, though the trophy didn't pop the first time I thought I did it correctly. For my second attempt, I had come back from another planet (rather than already being on Joba when the save file loaded), and I went through exactly as in the video in the trophy guide...I even landed in turrets and knocked an enemy off a ledge.

I'm so confused then. I never use anything else except the swingshot and the dynamo.

I already entered challenge mode again though. My best guess is that this skill point is glitched and will take many tries to get it to register. Oh well.

Swingshot and Dynamo are fine. But your comment about upgrading your shield for that skill point made me wonder if you thought it was OK to use the Shield Charger for Wrench Ninja II.

Nope. No shield for this.

The game is officially glitched. I just entered the level again for the very first time and only used my wrench. I didn't die. I didn't use a single weapon. It still didn't trigger the skill point. I'm going the secret way of the platinum bolt. The ONLY thing I can think of is I was put into a turret one time. I'll have to leave and come back and try to not get put in a turret. This is SO frustrating!

EDIT: HOLY CRAP!!!!! What the hell is going on? I just did it again after completing some other missions and then coming back. I am ONLY using my wrench, the dynamo, and the swingshot - though yet again, I was forced into a turret. That's the only thing I can think of as to why I'm not getting it. I'm not firing a single shot when I'm in, but every time I do get forced in at least once.

EDIT: And again...

It seems if I want this platinum, I'll have to level up the shield charger to get that trophy, then start a new save file and get all 30 skill points. Actually, leveling up all your weapons IS a skill point so I may as well start over now. This f'ing sucks.

I got this yesterday on my second try. On my first try I was using the Shield just in case, and I jumped into a turret 3x without firing. On my second try I did not use the shield, and I did not jump into a turret (it's very easy to avoid them actually).

It's ok if you let the enemy in the turret kill everyone else for you, as I had 4 guys die to friendly fire, but I still got the skill point right before the wrench zip line to the levitator section at the end.

Doesn't seem glitched to me. The Snivelak glitch on the other hand... that sucked.

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried this 6 times now. I've made sure no enemies die by falling, I've stepped in no turrets and I've watched every enemy die. I have absolutely no idea how this skill point works and I'm not going to try and figure it out because I don't have a clue. Going to put this platinum on hold and move on to R&C3 and come back to this game when they've either patched it (highly unlikely) or someone figures out what the trigger is.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Having trouble with it registering for me, too. Pretty sure I'm doing everything right.

EDIT: After what had to have been my 7th or 8th try, I finally got it to trigger. Here's what I remember aiming for:

First, I started from the Hoverbike races. Choose Special, Shortcuts out of the menu and start from there. It was my second run from this area that tot it to pop. I also remember trying to hit at least every enemy once with my wrench before they died. Some were killed by friendly fire, some were knocked off edges... and I think one might've gotten killed before I got a chance to hit him, but oh well. In was on challenge mode, btw.

Edited by digiboy123

• 1 month later...

I don't know if it's glitched or it's not, probably it is but in my case that was just that I missed an enemy. I try the level a few times with no luck. Then when I play it later, I discover that I always missed one monster(the big purple one) He was behind the gate opened by the switch near the lone tower outside, and it's not the one released by another enemy in next room. And then I got my trophy on first try. And none of the enemies fall to death, but some of them has been killed by turrets

Well I attempted this much later in the game around planet yeevil when i had alot of health and an upgraded wrench. I though Id failed because sometimes you get pushed into a turret however at the end all enemies had been taken out with wrench, forced into 3 turrets and no skill point. However there is a part where the platinun bolt is after using slingshot, there is more enemies. Skill point unlocked :)

• 4 months later...

Maybe this will help (or not) ;) .

I ran through the level and the skill point didn't pop. Took the taxi back to the ship, but instead of leaving the level and returning to try again I just ran though the level again to see if anything was missed.

Just before using the Dynometer to take the platform up, there is an area with a turret and some enemies. To the left of the exit door in that area there is room that requires a switch to open. There may be a problem with the Saur-Beast spawning because in the first pass he wasn't there even though I remember the health boost in the room. On the second pass he popped out and after killing him the skill point popped.

Maybe this will help (or not) ;) .

I ran through the level and the skill point didn't pop. Took the taxi back to the ship, but instead of leaving the level and returning to try again I just ran though the level again to see if anything was missed.

Just before using the Dynometer to take the platform up, there is an area with a turret and some enemies. To the left of the exit door in that area there is room that requires a switch to open. There may be a problem with the Saur-Beast spawning because in the first pass he wasn't there even though I remember the health boost in the room. On the second pass he popped out and after killing him the skill point popped.

This was starting to frustrate me, however I never used the switched in that area, as soon as I did I got the trophy first try. Thanks! :)

• 1 year later...

Yes, that's it! This helped me. :)