SO MANY GRAPHICAL GLITCHES, BUGS, etc!!!!!!!!

Just like the first game in the trilogy, this game also seems to be suffering from many bugs since coming to the PS3. However, the bugs in this game aren't just in cut-scenes, they're in gameplay too!

In cut-scenes, the tops of the characters' eyelids often detach from their eyes, meaning you can see the whites of their eyes!

In game, the whole screen was going black every time I held triangle to switch weapon on the Maktar Nebula. People in posts below have reported the triangle button not opening the quick select at all!

On Maktar Nebula, some hovering satellite things that were destructible on PS2 are now totally hollow on PS3 and cannot be shot down!

After doing a race mission in space, the rings still remain when doing further missions (without failing or restarting).

Sometimes, after selecting a space mission, the mission info text will remain on-screen while you are doing the mission (you have to leave the planet to have a chance of curing this).

On Grelbin's frozen wastelands, the giant serpent enemies often appear "detached" from the water now and then.

There is a wall you can walk through on Boldan (where the spider hole is, going from the right path to the left path).

On Todano, the robot Abercrombie no longer speaks to the children robots while giving the tour of the missiles. In fact, he barely PAUSES at each missile!

mattigummi has shown a glitch in the frozen wastelands in which Ratchet is both invincible and invisible! See his posts below.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS SAYING "JUST PLAY THE GAME FOR FUN BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY THE GRAPHICS WON'T BE PREFECT" - no glitches were present in Sly or Jak Trilogies! These problems need fixing!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Sorl3c6F4]RATCHET TRILOGY - GLITCHES, BUGS, ERRORS! ** - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by lewis1992

There has been this glitch with the quick select that has been bugging me. Press :triangle: and nothing happens. This has happened to me 3 times and 2 of them were in the arenas, on Maktar Nebula and Joba. Quitting to the main menu and loading it up again worked for me. Weird, this never happened in the original game. And the helmet glitch in cutscenes is annoying -_-

There has been this glitch with the quick select that has been bugging me. Press :triangle: and nothing happens. This has happened to me 3 times and 2 of them were in the arenas, on Maktar Nebula and Joba. Quitting to the main menu and loading it up again worked for me. Weird, this never happened in the original game. And the helmet glitch in cutscenes is annoying -_-

It happened to me too. The reason might be the old R&C 1 weapons. Don't put any one of them in Quick Select and it stops doing that. At least for me, that was it.

It happened to me too. The reason might be the old R&C 1 weapons. Don't put any one of them in Quick Select and it stops doing that. At least for me, that was it.

I don't have them in my quick select as they're pretty crap :p

But anyway, I just encountered a very interesting glitch. Very very interesting glitch.... See for yourself:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeLD1GBg1zM]Ratchet & Clank 2 HD Glitch - Ratchet Invisible and Invincible! - YouTube[/ame]

LOL :D

Edited by mattigummi

LOL how did that even happen?

I don't know lol. I was just collecting moonstones and I just suddenly noticed there was something different about Ratchet :p

Part 2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSO29ZSlYv4]Ratchet & Clank 2 HD Glitch - Ratchet Invisible and Invincible Part 2! - YouTube[/ame]

I then failed big time, I was trying to be funny by throwing a wrench at the water monster that shoots white laser, and I accidently walked into the water and froze and died. Now he's back to normal :pout::(

Maybe there is something rong with your ps3.

I did wanted my subtitles :(. Also why can't i change the O button with R1 i am really getting RSI here.

LOL your PS3 doesn't determine what's on the disk, it just reads it! :p

It seems that everyone is experiencing different glitches, so I'm trying to make a full list in the original post!

Shame that happened or you could have easily got all of the moon crystals! :p

Just added some new glitches into the original post... Thoughts? Anyone else discovered them?

Yeah I know... Stupid stupid! :o:p

Read the OP, and the robot Fitzwidget not saying anything also happened to me. Really annoying. He said some funny stuff I think.

they kinda released the game outta nowhere, insomniac should have taken more time to work on this game! they messed up the trilogy! plus they didnt put deadlocked, even though it was the worst one of the 4, it was still enjoyable

Ratchet Gladiator or Deadlocked will come in HD on PSN later this year.

they kinda released the game outta nowhere, insomniac should have taken more time to work on this game! they messed up the trilogy! plus they didnt put deadlocked, even though it was the worst one of the 4, it was still enjoyable

Insomniac had nothing to do with this HD collection; Idol Minds released it.

Also I don't think they "messed up", I still think it's a great release.

Edited by wottagunn

Yh, Its Stupid Idol Minds who messed it up!

Why did they do it? Why couldn't Insomniac Make the Re Make?

I know - I'm playing it and finding glitch after glitch after glitch :( Most of them I just think "ah, I'll put up with it, it's nothing major!" but we shouldn't have to just "put up with" problems in games. Some of these should have been identified sooner.

I don't know why they took out the robot Abercrombie's voice from the missile tour (maybe a glitch?) but it certainly makes it harder to get the skill point for protecting the tourists on the first run (which means you have to wait for the second load of tourists).

But anyway, I just encountered a very interesting glitch. Very very interesting glitch.... See for yourself:

Ok, this is happening to me right now. Weird but also useful glitch. The thing is, I was actually getting damaged, but somehow Ratchet turned invisible later on, after I collected 6-7 moonstones for story progression.

EDIT: OK, even weirder thing happened. I got stuck inside one of the enemies.

Edited by neosnake101

Ok, this is happening to me right now. Weird but also useful glitch. The thing is, I was actually getting damaged, but somehow Ratchet turned invisible later on, after I collected 6-7 moonstones for story progression.

EDIT: OK, even weirder thing happened. I got stuck inside one of the enemies.

LOL. Did you take a pic?

Anyway, this glitch happened again :banana: I was collecting moonstones and using the charge boots to flee all the enemies and to the next moonstone, and after getting hit one time Ratchet went invisible! :dance: Now I can get all of them hopefully without problems. (that is if I don't walk into the water :o:p)

Edit: Died after getting 41 moonstones, was facing the camera, charged with the charge boots and went straight to the water pit that was right infront of me :doh:

But shortly after the glitch got activated again lol. I must have a lucky copy :p

And I noticed they have marked the moonstones on the map. That wasn't in the original game. Makes searching for them piss easy now.

Edited by mattigummi

Edit: Died after getting 41 moonstones, was facing the camera, charged with the charge boots and went straight to the water pit that was right infront of me :doh:

But shortly after the glitch got activated again lol. I must have a lucky copy :p

And I noticed they have marked the moonstones on the map. That wasn't in the original game. Makes searching for them piss easy now.

I guess most if not all copies have this glitch. Mine is Digital version. Also it happened about 5 or 6 times after I died during gliding section to reach upper parts. I got all moonstones but I'll test it again when I get back there.

I have also experienced difficulties trying to open the quick menu whilst in arena's. Though I am not aware of any old R&C1 weapons on my toolbar that could have triggered it.

I had the Heavy Lancer, Mini-Nuke, Multi-Star, Blizt Gun, Dynamo and Tractor Beam on there. I don't recall seeing those in R&C1 so there might be an other thing triggering this glitch. I didn't really care much for it though, I just opened the main menu and went to the weapons tab.

Edit: I also noticed how those flying orb satalite things in the Maktar Resort can't be destroyed. I am 100% positive they were destructible on the PS2 version, because I used to snipe those all the time and get a lot of bolts!

Edited by Khazhar
Extra info

I think I have found a game breaking glitch.

On planet Snivelak, none of the bodies of the enemies I kill are disappearing. This wouldn't be a problem but the force fields that spring up so you fight enemies in enclosed spaces are not vanishing after I have defeated the foes either (I think because of the bodies remaining).

I have tried turning the console off and on again but to no avail, I still get stuck.

I feel a little put out right now, feel like I've wasted £30!

I think I found some game ruining glitches as well.

Like the above comment, the bodies in the impossible challenge won't disappear. This resulted in no more enemy spawning because of the remaining bodies.

When I exited to the main menu and restarted the game my camera angle was all wrong. Your normal camera angle would be horizontal, mine went vertical.

It all got better when I reset my PS3, but this is a huge bug. :(

Okay, I bumped into two glitches that haven't been mentioned here:

1) On planet Todano, I was trying to get the "You're my Hero" skill point. After the first missile on the first part where the squirrels attack, after killing all the squirrels that are there by default, this one bastard squirrels drops from the tree and starts attacking. I shot it - nothing. I shot it again - nothing. I tried to use the Tesla Claw but it didn't even recognize the squirrel as an enemy so I couldn't kill it. However, the invincible squirrel could do damage to Ratchet and kill the robots. I killed myself and tried again but it was still the same thing, I could't kill that one squirrel. After killing myself a second time the squirrel died, fortunately.

2) On planet Snivelak, immediately when I got to the planet I got the "Moving Violation" skill point and trophy, and by immediately I really mean immediately: as soon as Ratchet appeared outside of the ship the skill point popped up. I hadn't even moved at that point, let alone destroyed the 14 ships.

I encountered this glitch too and I'm actually right now playing with the invisible and invincible Ratchet. It seems to happen completely randomly... I was just walking around and suddenly Ratchet became invisible. However, this is a really nice glitch and it truly helps a lot since collecting all the moon stones used to be a pain in the ass back when I played this on PS2. It's obviously much easier when you can just ignore all the yetis since they can't harm you in any way (and neither can the leviathans).

Edited by Vyrastas
Double Post