Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (PS3 & Vita)

Over The Top trophy guide - for co-op

Note: This is NOT a full guide to the game, just a helpful guide as to how I got the dev times in co-op mode.

I decided to write this guide on how to get these dev times, mainly to help you the reader who wants to get the (P), or if you request my help in obtaining dev times then here is the plan written out for you so there isn't any confusion.

This is meant for getting the Over The Top trophy easily, not 100% completion of the game such as getting all skill points / going beyond 100% trophies.

This is written for co-op only, if you are single player: You're crazy. Although I have seen people obtain this trophy and the rest of them on the Vita version of the game. That's crazier.

I'll be following the recommended levels by the main trophy guide: Levels 1, 2, & 5.

Levels 3 & 4 have too much going on to easily do the times:

- In Level 3 you must constantly defend base from bombers, annoying.

- Level 4 has an extra trip to defense center, plus 10 beacons to destroy that pretty much require you to take a trip to every weapon node to access them.

I recommend you upgrade the Buzz Blades, and Pyro Blaster or other secondary weapon to level 5 before continuing, as you will need the enemies to die quickly to make this easier.

Remember during all cutscenes, such as the intro: getting out of ship, activating defense center, destroying key node, activation sequence initiated, sequence complete, the timer is still running so take this into account when playing as this is roughly a minute of unskippable cutscenes!!

Level 1 / Korgon Refinery / Time to beat: 07:43

This level is easy enough...

Phase 1: Weapons

Player 1: Grab the first weapon at base weapon pod, choose between Combuster or Buzz Blades.

Player 2: Speed out of right side of base, get a weapon from weapon pod near jump for the major weapon node. Choose a good secondary weapon.

Phase 2: Split Up / Take Key Node

Player 1: Defend base from right side. An attack of Grungoids always happens after you take 2 weapon nodes.

Player 2: Since you are closer, go to Key node and take it down.

Phase 3: Take Defense Center

Player 1: "floater" Defend base if needed, grab more bolts or weapons, purchase base defenses (Warmonger turrets help but can be expensive), help with defense center if you so choose. IF you are near base once defense center is activated, initiate activation sequence.

Player 2: Take defense center, don't stop for anything along the way. Take this as fast as possible. Once done, teleport back and initiate activation sequence if not done already.

Phase 4: Activation / Defend base.

Make sure to have at least a couple minutes left before doing this!

Player 1: Defend Left side of base

Player 2: Defend Right side of base

- Don't travel over to the other side of base to help your friend, usually a wave of enemies will come on your unprotected side while you are helping ;)

- Keep an eye on your ammo count. If you are low come back to base and charge though a few crates. Use the crates on YOUR side of the base to be considerate for your friend who will also need the same ammo.

- Repair your side generators if needed (doubt you will need to if you have/use level 5 weapons)

My time: 07:11

Level 2 / Hidden City of Balkai / Time to beat: 12:54

The hardest level, but if you follow this plan well there shouldn't be any problems.

The key is doing things simultaneously. Honestly I'm not sure how you would do this level on your own without mad skillz.

Phase 1: Split Up / Destroy Key Nodes Simultaneously

Player 1: Speed out of left side of base, keep heading left to reach the entrance to West Key Node. At this time Player 2 will have just unlocked a weapon (Buzz Blades!). Destroy each enemy to get the power core for each forcefield to appear, then destroy it to move ahead. Take down the key node then head back to base.

Player 2: Speed to the weapon pod in the base and unlock a weapon (Combuster or Buzz Blades, recommend Buzz Blades). Then speed out of the right side the base, taking the ramp on the left once you have left the base. Head straight and to the right, and climb up the big "stairs" with crates with ":cross:, :square:" above them to get to the East Key Node. Take down this Key node.

At this time Player 1 should finish their West Key Node slightly ahead of Player 2's East Key Node (This was my experience playing this), so this is what this guide is expecting.

Phase 2: Defend / Take down Defense Center

Player 1: Defend base from attack, as one will have started after taking the first key node. Once done purchase base defenses, recommend a Heavy Barrier on each side and at least 1 Warmonger turret on each side (if you have the bolts). Acquire at least 1 more weapon and the Groovitron, also acquire as many bolts as you can.

Player 2: You are closer to Defense Center, go to it and take it down. Remember power cores for forcefields only appear after enemies in the area have been vanquished. Once done, teleport back and initiate activation sequence.

Cutscene showing defense center activation should happen around a time of 6:30.

Player 2 teleport back to base!

Phase 3: Activation / Base Defense

Hardest part yet, but doable if you have upgraded weapons to level 5.

Player 1: Defend Left side of base

Player 2: Defend Right side of base

- Don't travel over to the other side of base to help your friend, usually a wave of enemies will come on your unprotected side while you are helping ;). On this level I cannot stress this enough!

- Keep an eye on your ammo count. If you are low come back to base and charge though a few crates. Use the crates on YOUR side of the base to be considerate for your friend who will also need the same ammo. You will need to keep an eye on ammo with this level.

- Repair your side generators if needed (doubt you will need to if you have/use level 5 weapons, or use barriers and turrets liberally here)

My time: 11:13

Level 5 / Zurgo's Lair of Doom / Time to beat: 08:26

This is a linear level, not a base defense level.

The key is to keep moving forward, and destroy the final boss quickly. Don't use weapons that take too long; Buzz Blades make quick work of em ;).

Phase 1: Move through level

Decide which player will keep pressing forward and attacking enemies in the area, while the other stays behind a second and grabs another weapon from the weapon pods.

- Recommend maxing out at 5 weapons.

- Buzz Blades are strongly recommended here, not just for the stronger enemies, but for quickly taking down the final boss.

Phase 2: Destroy Bomb

Once arriving at the bomb area, one player will need to distract / destroy the enemies while the other gets bomb disarmed. No more weapon pod unlocking at this point! If one player is behind catch up and help out!

Once you are done disarming the bomb, destroy the two forcefield generators that have appeared and move on to the boss. Quickly now!

Phase 3: Time savings

The introduction to the boss is a skippable cutscene. Since this scene is 1:10 or so in length and the timer stays running (I just checked ;)) it would be wise to skip this scene by pressing :start: then :cross:. If you are playing co-op online you will need the other player to also perform the same skip procedure.

Phase 4: Final Boss

Keep an eye on your ammo counts, you will need to refill your ammo along the way!

1) The battle starts with the boss using shields, with a power core in the back to disable by shooting it. Disable the shields!

2) Now that the shields are down both players need to concentrate fire on the boss, using the Buzz Blades or any weapon which takes down the health quickly. If one player needs to disarm the various activated bombs, the other must still keep fire on the boss, this is key! Watch your ammo, you will be using a lot of it!

3) Once the health is down 75% or so he will start tearing up the arena platform into smaller platforms. Keep fire concentrated on him still, but watch out if the platform you are on starts to get a bit hot with fire, if so move to another platform.

Timer stops once final cutscene starts, as the game awards the skill points (and the trophy if you were following this guide from start to finish) at this point.

My time: 05:59

Hopefully this post has helped you obtain this trophy!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...