Good way to grind the 1,000,000 bolts

bibster

Start a game from 'the city' checkpoint on Uzi city. Progress though the level until you go up on the elevator and fight a couple of waves of enemies. There's a x2 block and some crates too. After defeating the enemies don't go forward instead head back and left to the Ryno lab and enter. Then exit the lab by standing back on the transporter and pressing triangle. All the boxes will have respawned with the x2 box as well. Clear them up and keep repeating. His will net you around 3,450 bolts every 50 secs or so.

Great if your having trouble finding players to play with

Ahhhhh doesn't work someone please delete thread , the bolts keep adding up but when you look at your grand total it resets everytime sorry people

Edited by bibster

The way me and my friend did this was start on the polar sea area on the first level. We turned on one controller each (as we were over PSN). What made this easy is that half of the level is sliding down the slippy slopes so you can leave the unneeded controllers to fall off the edge while you collect bolts. We were both getting over 100K bolts each per run to the first Scanner minion, took absolutely no time at all as bolts are multiplied up depending on the amount of players online!! some ambidexterity needed to control two controllers at once but definitely worth it!

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
Even if this did work, it would be pretty slow tbh. The way I worked it out, in 15 minutes you'd make around 16,000 bolts. Playing the first 3 parts of the Uzo mission, you can make 100,000+ bolts and it takes approx 15 minutes.

I can confirm that playing the first 3 parts of Uzo City will allow you to grind a lot of bolts. My calculations shows that if you are playing alone and know efficient way to kill all enemies (the Critter Strike should be your best friend :)) you can get 100k bolts in 25 minutes (it's a real time - includes sitting and watching all unskippable cut-scenes and summaries).

One more thing (I think, this hint is obvious for some people): while playing the game, upgrade part of your arsenal (things that you like to use) - the game will be easier. But later save bolts for the '1 milion bolts' trophy and after getting the trophy, buy all upgrades.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

For those still trying to grind this out:

At this point the online community is practically dead. But those that are available are in a mad dash for bolts with pretty much one person knowing exactly where all the crates are and beating everyone else to them. Yeah it multiplies, but I wasted probably 45 minutes just trying to get around d'bags that are just trying to get the trophy. If you want to online it, grab a partner in the boosting thread.

Otherwise, if you want to do this alone, I suggest doing the first two stages of Uzo over and over. I was netting about 60-70k bolts per run. The runs dont take much time at all when using the critter gun fully upgraded. I think I got one run down to 8 minutes for the two sections.

• 5 months later...