Weapon upgrade confusion

Crealkllr

So i noticed this but wanted to be sure. I dont know if i just dont see it and i am the only one, or if anyone else noticed this too

The usage of the weapon doesnt upgrade it. Is that correct?

Other R&C games, the more you use a certain gun, the better it gets. This game, you buy the weapon upgrades. And you only upgrade 3 different things.

The only thing that you gain from playing alot is the bolts and the level of your character, which i am not sure how you level up

Everything you said is correct. You level up just by playing the campaign offline or online. You earn points that go towards your level which really doesn't do much except unlock some skins.

ok wait so the levels unlock skins? so you only level from picking up hero bolts? Because i thought hero bolts give you more skins.

or could the level help with your attack?

ok wait so the levels unlock skins? so you only level from picking up hero bolts? Because i thought hero bolts give you more skins.

or could the level help with your attack?

Hero bolts give you skins and levels give you skins as well, you level up just by playing the game.

Edited by TheNukes

Hero bolts give.

OH ok. i am alittle disappointed then. they could have made the character levels more important. No one really cares about costumes or skins, as once i platinum this game it wont be fun to play anymore. I will probably just play if anyone on this site needs help.

Could have made the attacks stronger, or a bolt multiplier to help others. idk more skins sounds like more useless stuff

So I need to beat the game with one character and do all their upgrades then replay the game again with the other 3 characters until I get their weapons updated?

And having the updated weapon with each character will count for the trophy? That sucks!

Each weapon needs to be updated. You dont have to go into each character for the trophy. 1 character can update all weapons, and then go to each character to get their specialty weapon, as the other weapons are upgraded on the other character.

A tip is to get 1 million bolts before buying upgrades

you can level select, so Uzo city is the best place to get bolts. Just redo that level (with online friends)