Worst R&C Ever...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played too much so far, but from what I have seen I have to agree. Everything has that Ratchet & Clank feel to it, but the gameplay seems too forced around the coop model at the expense of the typical gameplay. The coop parts just seem lazy, instead of feeling like I actually need a group of people to progress, it feels like its just a means to keep everyone together and prevent one player from running off and killing/collecting everything on their own. The on rails portions are by far the most boring to me.

It would be nice if they made the game dynamic, and scale in difficulty the more players you have, a la borderlands. Enemies should be more difficult when you have four people killing them, not just by increasing health/damage, but change the strategy up needed to defeat them. For example on of the boss fights requires you to pair up to hit different targets to expose the boss. If you have a full group why not force 2 people to focus on the targets while the others have to fight off other enemies that spawn while the barrier is up?

Don't let my rant scare anyone off, it is still a fun game, and I enjoy that I now have a game to play coop with my wife (don't play New Super Mario Bros. Wii if you want your marriage to survive, it is ridiculous trying to jump the same gap at the same time and one of you getting kicked straight down). Just don't expect this to be on par with the other games in the series.

I do agree that this is probably the worst R&C game I have pllayed, but I am still definitely enjoying it. I'd rate all the other R&C games about 9s or 10s, and I'd give this an 8.

The co-op is definitely a little bit forced, and if your playing solo, your AI partner can be a bit of a nuisense (sp?) sometimes, but it doesn't make it a bad game imo. It still has the Ratchet and Clank feel to it. A good story, a great atmosphere, humor, awesome weapons, and good gameplay (imo).

I dont understand where you are all coming from with the "this is the worst R&C game ive played"

They did a new take on R&C, its completely and outright unfair to the genre to compare A4O to the other R&C games in the series.

It would be like if infinity ward made MW3 a 3rd person shooter, and everyone bashed it because it isnt exactly the same as the previous games...well thats not really fair, because its entirely different than the previous games.

I am a huge fan of R&C, and would support them even if their new spin on the game DID suck. But they actually tried something new and did a very GOOD job at it - bashing it because it isnt the same exact ratchet and clank your all used to is entirely unfair.

If no one ever tried anything new, we would all be playing the same games over and over again - im actually really enjoying the game, and was waiting for R&C to throws us some coop, because coop always makes games hilarious. They kept it with a great R&C feel, made the cutscenes hilarious, and made it coop - the only way to make an online 4 player coop is to do exactly what they did with this type of game.

Ill end my rant at that - I find anyone bashing this game because its not the same old ratchet and clank (Which I absolutely love, and wouldve been perfectly happy with another one, that being said, im glad to see a change) to be simple minded.

Edited by ThEliteOne

I dont understand where you are all coming from with the "this is the worst R&C game ive played"

They did a new take on R&C, its completely and outright unfair to the genre to compare A4O to the other R&C games in the series.

It would be like if infinity ward made MW3 a 3rd person shooter, and everyone bashed it because it isnt exactly the same as the previous games...well thats not really fair, because its entirely different than the previous games.

I am a huge fan of R&C, and would support them even if their new spin on the game DID suck. But they actually tried something new and did a very GOOD job at it - bashing it because it isnt the same exact ratchet and clank your all used to is entirely unfair.

If no one ever tried anything new, we would all be playing the same games over and over again - im actually really enjoying the game, and was waiting for R&C to throws us some coop, because coop always makes games hilarious. They kept it with a great R&C feel, made the cutscenes hilarious, and made it coop - the only way to make an online 4 player coop is to do exactly what they did with this type of game.

Ill end my rant at that - I find anyone bashing this game because its not the same old ratchet and clank (Which I absolutely love, and wouldve been perfectly happy with another one, that being said, im glad to see a change) to be simple minded.

I completely agree with what you said to everyone else. I like trying new things specifically with games that change it up a little. it makes you want to play it that much more. Good answer man!

I completely agree with what you said to everyone else. I like trying new things specifically with games that change it up a little. it makes you want to play it that much more. Good answer man!

have you even played it?

Small Glitch List from what ive seen

partner doesnt revive me, instead runs back and forth

partner continually jumps off cliff to chase enemy or follow me if ive fallen off

partner says TAKE COVERR while im on a fuckin jet ski.... how am i spose to do that? fix the soundboard to get rid of that..

if i jump up on a platform that i have to activate like a gun store or teleporter my partner will attempt to RUN to the platform without jumping and get caught under the surrounding pile of junk and never make it up..

so yes, while i applaud the elite one for telling us off because we judged something trying to be different, the game has little detail flaws that could have easily been fixed prior to release... its not like this is a solo case im explaining this happens every level multiple times per level... the game doesnt feel polished.. instead it feels like one giant mini game instead of something unto itself.

plus the marketing is off... u dont call something "Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One" and not expect us to judge it based on past Ratchet and Clank titles. if they named it ratchet and friends or something without the core name CLEARLY indicating it would be something different then id understand..

have you even played it?

Small Glitch List from what ive seen

partner doesnt revive me, instead runs back and forth

partner continually jumps off cliff to chase enemy or follow me if ive fallen off

partner says TAKE COVERR while im on a fuckin jet ski.... how am i spose to do that? fix the soundboard to get rid of that..

if i jump up on a platform that i have to activate like a gun store or teleporter my partner will attempt to RUN to the platform without jumping and get caught under the surrounding pile of junk and never make it up..

so yes, while i applaud the elite one for telling us off because we judged something trying to be different, the game has little detail flaws that could have easily been fixed prior to release... its not like this is a solo case im explaining this happens every level multiple times per level... the game doesnt feel polished.. instead it feels like one giant mini game instead of something unto itself.

plus the marketing is off... u dont call something "Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One" and not expect us to judge it based on past Ratchet and Clank titles. if they named it ratchet and friends or something without the core name CLEARLY indicating it would be something different then id understand..

Its called All 4 One. the marketting isnt off at all. Everyone knew they were buying a 4 player coop ratchet and clank game when they bought it.

Ive never experience any of those glitches. Also, the game isnt intended to be played by yourself, its meant to be played with friends or online friends. If you have neither of those, you shouldntve bought the game...in fact you should stop playing games altogether if you have no friends.

And, this thread was talking about glitches. It was a a whine-fest for people who like to whine about a great company making a great new DIFFERENT game, because its not the same exact game they are used to.

It angers me when uninformed people, bash a game because its different. that makes no sense at all. "I hate you because you did something new and different"

To those people bashing this game for the reason that it is different, I say to you, go join a communist nation, where the garbage man and doctor all get paid the same. Then you have nothing to worry about.

Its called All 4 One. the marketting isnt off at all. Everyone knew they were buying a 4 player coop ratchet and clank game when they bought it.

Ive never experience any of those glitches. Also, the game isnt intended to be played by yourself, its meant to be played with friends or online friends. If you have neither of those, you shouldntve bought the game...in fact you should stop playing games altogether if you have no friends.

And, this thread was talking about glitches. It was a a whine-fest for people who like to whine about a great company making a great new DIFFERENT game, because its not the same exact game they are used to.

It angers me when uninformed people, bash a game because its different. that makes no sense at all. "I hate you because you did something new and different"

To those people bashing this game for the reason that it is different, I say to you, go join a communist nation, where the garbage man and doctor all get paid the same. Then you have nothing to worry about.

so because something is geared towards coop they are allowed to make a broken single player? thats your rebuttle... Ignorance by just brushing me off because you didnt experience any of that and childish remarks about my relationships with friends? :rolleyes: im not bashing the game, i said it was a 6-7/10... thats an opinion and im not saying its a shitty game. but you cant honestly sit here and say DONT COMPARE THIS RATCHET AND CLANK GAMES WITH OTHER RATCHET AND CLANK GAMES..... all they had to do was make ratchet, clank, qwark and nefarious a pig, donkey, monkey and elephant and the game would have been different... this is a borderline spin off and a decent one at that.... not award winning, not ground breaking and not different by any stretch of the imagination

so because something is geared towards coop they are allowed to make a broken single player? thats your rebuttle... Ignorance by just brushing me off because you didnt experience any of that and childish remarks about my relationships with friends? :rolleyes: im not bashing the game, i said it was a 6-7/10... thats an opinion and im not saying its a shitty game. but you cant honestly sit here and say DONT COMPARE THIS RATCHET AND CLANK GAMES WITH OTHER RATCHET AND CLANK GAMES..... all they had to do was make ratchet, clank, qwark and nefarious a pig, donkey, monkey and elephant and the game would have been different... this is a borderline spin off and a decent one at that.... not award winning, not ground breaking and not different by any stretch of the imagination

I have played the game single player, and have experience NONE of those glitches. Its not a broken single player. Have you downloaded the 1.01 patch?

And yes, I can "Honestly sit here" and say that you shouldnt be comparing this game to a previous ratchet and clank game. Its ridiculous to do so - they are entriely different. Yes, its got the characters of a ratchet and clank game, and the story line, but its not the regular ratchet and clank game. ITS COOP 4 PLAYER. and as such, there are significant differences with it. Therefore, comparing it to the previous ratchet and clank game, is like comparing a cat to a dog, and then saying the cat sucks because its not a dog. it makes no sense. Two entirely different things.

And your opinion of it not being award winning, or ground breaking, and a spin off - is just as I said. An opinion.

Lets all bash Insomniac for trying something new for once. Thank god people like you arent the majority, other wise we would all still be playing Pong.

Edited by ThEliteOne

I have played the game single player, and have experience NONE of those glitches. Its not a broken single player. Have you downloaded the 1.01 patch?

And yes, I can "Honestly sit here" and say that you shouldnt be comparing this game to a previous ratchet and clank game. Its ridiculous to do so - they are entriely different. Yes, its got the characters of a ratchet and clank game, and the story line, but its not the regular ratchet and clank game. ITS COOP 4 PLAYER. and as such, there are significant differences with it. Therefore, comparing it to the previous ratchet and clank game, is like comparing a cat to a dog, and then saying the cat sucks because its not a dog. it makes no sense. Two entirely different things.

And your opinion of it not being award winning, or ground breaking, and a spin off - is just as I said. An opinion.

Lets all bash Insomniac for trying something new for once. Thank god people like you arent the majority, other wise we would all still be playing Pong.

No, Previous ratchets are bulldogs, this ratchet is a pug.... its still a dog either way you slice it... the game is COMPLETELY different because they added coop? so Assassins Creed Brotherhood cant be compared to Assassins Creed II because they added multilayer and tried something different? so we shouldnt bash Ubisoft for trying something new.... no one here bashed Insomniac as a company btw so thats not even a point you can make...

No, Previous ratchets are bulldogs, this ratchet is a pug.... its still a dog either way you slice it... the game is COMPLETELY different because they added coop? so Assassins Creed Brotherhood cant be compared to Assassins Creed II because they added multilayer and tried something different? so we shouldnt bash Ubisoft for trying something new.... no one here bashed Insomniac as a company btw so thats not even a point you can make...

Assassins creed is not a valid point, their multiplayer is seperate from the campaign. this games campaign IS its multiplayer.

so yes, it makes it COMPLETELY different.

They didnt just "add" coop, as an after thought after theyd completed the game. The built the whole entire game around coop. To beat the game by yourself you have to have an AI character help you, or it would be impossible to beat without 2 players. Other ratchets are single player only.

when you get on, your 2 main options are "Offline" and "Online" theres no seperate area for selecting if you want to play multiplayer, its already built into the game. Playing this game single player practically defeats its purpose. Its designed to be player with more than 1 person.

And by "Insomniac" I mean ratchet and clank. Ratchet and Clank is the product of Insomniac, and in the end, your bashing insomniac, since they are the actual people. Ratchet and Clank will never hear anything you say - they arent real.

As ive said in various different ways, and will say again, bashing a game for taking their game into something new is kinda sad. I would love to see the nuclear apocolypse of cry babies that would spawn if Infinity ward actually ever DID make a 3rd person shooter only call of duty. Too bad that will never happen.

Assassins creed is not a valid point, their multiplayer is seperate from the campaign. this games campaign IS its multiplayer.

so yes, it makes it COMPLETELY different.

They didnt just "add" coop, as an after thought after theyd completed the game. The built the whole entire game around coop. To beat the game by yourself you have to have an AI character help you, or it would be impossible to beat without 2 players. Other ratchets are single player only.

when you get on, your 2 main options are "Offline" and "Online" theres no seperate area for selecting if you want to play multiplayer, its already built into the game. Playing this game single player practically defeats its purpose. Its designed to be player with more than 1 person.

And by "Insomniac" I mean ratchet and clank. Ratchet and Clank is the product of Insomniac, and in the end, your bashing insomniac, since they are the actual people. Ratchet and Clank will never hear anything you say - they arent real.

As ive said in various different ways, and will say again, bashing a game for taking their game into something new is kinda sad. I would love to see the nuclear apocolypse of cry babies that would spawn if Infinity ward actually ever DID make a 3rd person shooter only call of duty. Too bad that will never happen.

there's you true colors right there.... the entire first half of your post you presented a well put together argument where im clearly in the wrong and you go and discredit it by taking a jab at Infinity Ward because to you they are a company that doesn't make anything different... to make matters worse in your last post you say if the world was filled with more people who thought like me we would all be playing pong... my list speaks for itself ive played over 200 games, does it look like im someone who is against change or difference in the industry? if i had 4 games on my trophy card and they were CoD Classic, Cod WAW, Cod Black ops and MW2... id say g maybe your onto something but you keep taking a debate of opinions about this game and trying to turn it into a personal jab at me.... all things considered i will agree with most of your post about the game being built as a coop and not an after thought..

there's you true colors right there.... the entire first half of your post you presented a well put together argument where im clearly in the wrong and you go and discredit it by taking a jab at Infinity Ward because to you they are a company that doesn't make anything different... to make matters worse in your last post you say if the world was filled with more people who thought like me we would all be playing pong... my list speaks for itself ive played over 200 games, does it look like im someone who is against change or difference in the industry? if i had 4 games on my trophy card and they were CoD Classic, Cod WAW, Cod Black ops and MW2... id say g maybe your onto something but you keep taking a debate of opinions about this game and trying to turn it into a personal jab at me.... all things considered i will agree with most of your post about the game being built as a coop and not an after thought..

I have nothing against call of duty, I buy all the call of duties, I enjoy them. I am merely using them as an example, because practically EVERYONE plays them - what would happen to all the whiners who cant handle a nice change once in awhile, if they changed their game.

And, my jabs are aimed at the Original poster mainly, and to you was the portions about the glitches and such, and replies to previous statements of yours. Im still kinda baffled about his post - sounds likes hes played the game for 2 minutes, and has 0 creativity.

The fact that youve played alot of games, should further allow you to understand this game - in which case I dont know why your having this conversation with me. Ive played every ratchet and clank game, everyone is unique in its own way, and they all have new things and great levels, and creativity - but they are all the same FORMAT. This is the first ratchet and clank with an entirely different format, built around something that the insomniac team has never brought to R&C before - which is why ive said, that comparing this game to previous ratchet and clanks, makes absolutely not a scrap of sense at all. Like ive said, its like comparing a 1st person shooter to a 3rd person shooter, a cat to a dog, a boat to plane. You can compare them all you like, but they are not the same thing at all - so bashing one because it isnt the other is ridiculous

Just as i predicted. I was thinking of getting it because i've played all the other games but not anymore. I didn't like the 4 player co-op idea when i found out and then they changed everyone appearance. But still i want to play it, my friend will probably get it and i'll just borrow it.

I'm big fan of the Ratchet and Clank as well. If i would to put it against the rest of the series then All4One is one of the worst ones I played. Before i get the backfire from people of the forums let me explain my reasons or opinion. I'm not gonna lie at first when i readed that game gonna be a 4 player co op game i hated the idea however i rented it today. From playing online and offline. I can see what insomniac was trying to do. They was actually trying to put new life into the series however while they was doing this they kinda didn't go back in look at how it impacted the single player mode. So as a multiplayer R&C game it fun game but as a single play R&C game it is the worst one i played.

For those fans out there this is third R&C game that had multiplayer in it. This is the first one that focus on the multiplayer

took the words right outta my mouth bro! seriously im loving every minuet of this game so far :D its so fun and the Co-OP is great i think!

This is primarily meant to be a co-op game that you play with real actual players. Would you rather Insomniac not allowed solo play at all? Although the AI does get a bit glitchy at times I think it does fairly well given the circumstances. I have completed the entire game with just the AI component and my only real complaint is the characters don't have a ton of phrases so they overuse the ones they have.

Honestly I would have preferred a new single player game, or even the PS2 games redone in HD and get a release like the Sly Collection, etc., but I knew what to expect from the game going in and there wasn't any real surprise there.

Although I don't know why they renamed the Gold Bolts to Hero Bolts that wasn't really necessary. And of course the unskippable cutscenes that Insomniac is fond of. That's been an annoyance through the entire R&C series.

• 2 weeks later...

@ ThEliteOne

New and different can be very good things. I agree with you there. But saying a game is good just because it is new and different is asinine. I'm a huge fan of R&C and I didn't like the idea of turning it co-op, mainly because I don't care for multiplayer centric games, but I bought this game anyway banking on Insomniac's reputation in quality (ignoring my hatred for Resistance 2). I've only played the first few levels solo and what I can say is: It's BORING. The game is pretty, yes. Dialog is funny. But the gameplay is slow and boring. I don't think I have ever fallen asleep playing an R&C game before, but I nearly did with this one. So when I compare it to the older R&C games, I look at the fun. There is plenty of it to be had in them. (Haven't gotten around to finishing Secret Agent Clank, so I'm excluding that from this statement.) But this one, I had to stop playing or I feared my brain would melt from boredom.

Maybe I'll feel different when I do get around to trying the co-op, but for now. This is the worst R&C I've played.

Edited by iamthesupreamegod