XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 12-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #41
stormsurge1990

well i think the game is fun now i never played any ratchet and clank games for the ps2 ive only played the ps3 titles i think this game is great thats my opinion though so i do think its good

Last edited by stormsurge1990; 12-09-2011 at 11:34 PM.
stormsurge1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:08 AM   #42
genericus

as much as i think the game is lacking that certain appeal and as much as i hate online play with a fiery passion, some games are good to play with others online, Borderlands for example and this.

Now i honestly think theres nothing wrong with The Ratchet and Clank series, enjoyable, damn funny and solid games designed to give you a laugh along the way, the game feels like a spin off, much like Gladiator was but im not going to say either are shit.
I enjoyed both and unlike many other developers whom i wont name have released the same game year on year with no real difference, they are up to about 17 i think, no innovation but people play and buy them because they are damn good games.
Insomniac have proven again to me they arent afraid to give an idea a go, if it goes well fine and have tapped into a market they havent before with online players, if its a flop then they know it wont be incorporated in the future or if it is make it optional.

I really do have to applaud the mindset of them for giving it a go, some prefer to sit on the same formula for years which inevitably leads them to be left behind and have no time to catch up (see the UK music chain HMV for a similar theme).

I would say the game itself is no more a 6/7-10 but still a good game all the same just lacking the length and depth of some of the previous of previous offerings

genericus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #43
LukeyCow

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronzer Than Nothing   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Now that ive played it I can say that it is not the worst R and C game. Secret Agent Clank is, although its still not too bad. Yes this game is different and plays very different to the other games but it is still fun none the less. Id say its probably 3rd worse infront of Secret Agent Clank and Size Matters just because their on psp with limited controls. But none of the series is bad really.

PSNP|Playfire|Anime Planet
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
LukeyCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #44
jpc_1980

I'm on the second mission and so far and I can't stand it I don't think I can bring myself to play it anymore and I like to finish my games to the end or get as many trophies out of a game as I can. I just can't put my finger on why I don't like it I just don't.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #45
omnislash

I have to agree with OP, this game was the worst R&C I've played.

1st in the world to Twisted Metal
omnislash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #46
twyz

This game is my first experience with the Ratchet & Clank series. I really didn't find this game fun at all, especially the later levels. I did play it solo, however.
Glad it was free for PS+

twyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #47
McGarnigle

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

It's by far the worst Ratchet and Clank game, but even aside from that, I think it's a very weak game on its own merits. The combat is really, really, really bad. I'd probably go so far as to say that I haven't played a game on PS3 with worse combat than this, aside from maybe Spare Parts. The same strategy works on every single enemy - just lock on and mash on R1 to build up the explosion thing, rinse and repeat, it's as mindless as it gets. The maps are very boring as well, they're essentially just linear corridors with no scope for exploration. The platforming is standard and there's a few other things that add a tiny bit of variety but 80% of the game is spent running in a straight line and mashing on R1.

That said the dialogue and characters are amusing, but it doesn't save the game from being a thoroughly depressing experience.
McGarnigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #48
Ryukori

Awards Showcase Member of the Month Winner   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronze Submission   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   5,000 Posts   Jack of All Trades   Community Gaming Event Silver   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)

This game is definitely the worst in the series. Although the co-op is super fun, I hate how Insomniac Games replaced the health bar with just 4 lives. The weapons are kind of lame, and the story is bland. I still don't regret buying this game, though. I only bought it for $15 brand new. Plus, I'd buy any offline co-op game.

Trophy Cards
Ryukori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:58 AM   #49
Elvick

FFA is worse. It's tedious. This was never tedious.

It's actually fun. FFA has it's moments, but most of the back and forth ruins it.

Story in both are awesome though.
Elvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #50
WarWarWar23

I am a HUGE fan of R&C games, and I find this one even worse than FFA.

The PS2 Ratchets were the best. The Ps3 ones were okay, but not as near epic as the PS2 titles.
WarWarWar23 is offline   Reply With Quote