Disappointed in the trophies?

I was hoping for more of a challenge, I thought these ''trophies'' were supposed to be for completing pretty much everything in the game. There is no upgrade all weapons to level 10, no get all skill points or anything like that.

I generally love hard trophies as it puts the trophy hunters off of ruining a brilliant game and just reducing it for its trophies. This, sadly, has just become a game for trophy hunters.

I myself wasn't exactly disappointed, mostly because I wasn't expecting hard trophies.

Generally, Difficult/Challenging Trophies come from games that are Difficult/Challenging themselves. The Ratchet & Clank series has never really been a difficult series to begin with, so expecting this game in particular to have challenging trophies would surely lead to disappointment.

Yep, this game was too much easy, I mean even the hard mode+ challange mode was a piece of cake.

also most are the trophies are related to the story mode, so you really dont have to do anything in order to platinum this game..

Well I hope R&C all 4 one would be harder to plat :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping for the completionist-focussed trophies as well. Just for extra incentive to go that route and get all of the skill points.

Then again, I achieved everything in Tools of Destruction without trophies, so I'll probably get there eventually with A Crack in Time as well because I just love playing it so much.

It's amazing to me that there are people that are disappointed that there aren't any trophies that you need to spend a bunch of time grinding.

You guys should try playing Bioshock 2 MP or Uncharted 2 for the trophies and let me know how much you enjoy trophies with stupid requirements that solely require hours and hours (20+) of grinding.

It's amazing to me that there are people that are disappointed that there aren't any trophies that you need to spend a bunch of time grinding.

You guys should try playing Bioshock 2 MP or Uncharted 2 for the trophies and let me know how much you enjoy trophies with stupid requirements that solely require hours and hours (20+) of grinding.

Yes!! I fucking hate trophies like that. Those are main reasons I don't get plats on certain games. I'll just get bored doing it so why bother when I could have fun playing a new game.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got two children that believe it's great great fun and that the challenge is allright. Don't anybody ever think that games are also for younger audiences that also like to finish a game and win trophies on their own?

Some games are meant for kids, so leaving the game a bit easier is perfect, tough games for older or better gamers are aplenty, leave some for the young ones will you? Please?

Great game, perfect balance for 7-12 year old kids!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
What were the skill points again?

They are hidden achievements throughout the game worth 1040 points in all I believe. You've probably earned quite a few just in your normal play of the game (I think I had over half by the end of my first playthrough without specifically going for them). However, many are things you likely would've never thought of doing on your own--kind of like some trophies--and can be fun and somewhat challenging to get. For example, for "Flawless" (55 points) you have complete the final stage (all 20 waves) of the Raritarium challenge without taking damage. Here's a good walkthrough: Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Skill Points Guide - IGN FAQs

And here's what you can earn:

Customize Aphelion --Get 100 skill points

Cryomine glove ultra --Get 250 skill points

Altered arsenal --Get 400 skill points

Rainbow trails --Get 550 skill points

Wrench replacement --Get 700 skill points

Time distortion --Get 850 skill points

Mirrored levels --Get 1000 skill points

They are hidden achievements throughout the game worth 1040 points in all I believe. You've probably earned quite a few just in your normal play of the game (I think I had over half by the end of my first playthrough without specifically going for them). However, many are things you likely would've never thought of doing on your own--kind of like some trophies--and can be fun and somewhat challenging to get. For example, for "Flawless" (55 points) you have complete the final stage (all 20 waves) of the Raritarium challenge without taking damage. Here's a good walkthrough: Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Skill Points Guide - IGN FAQs

And here's what you can earn:

Customize Aphelion --Get 100 skill points

Cryomine glove ultra --Get 250 skill points

Altered arsenal --Get 400 skill points

Rainbow trails --Get 550 skill points

Wrench replacement --Get 700 skill points

Time distortion --Get 850 skill points

Mirrored levels --Get 1000 skill points

Thanks for the detailed answer man. :D I remember them now alright. I too got most of these without trying. I agree with the OP that they'd have been a fun challenge, but on the other hand I had a lot of fun platting this so I'll not complain at all about the trophies

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...