My Blaster Runs Really, Really Hot

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think so but i'm not really sure, i did run thru it on easy and got the trophy then but i don't think it made it any more easier, just a mental thing

the biggest thing about that game is rescue the people first and foremost, everything after that is just added bonus

hmm I don't know but I think I never saw an Extra Life pop up when playing on hard... after beating the game and switching to Easy they poped up relativly often... But maybe thats just (bad)luck..?

That's the first I've ever heard that. Defintely worth checking out, can't hurt anything as long as you don't switch to Easy in the middle of your Q-Force Champion trophy run. I know in the battle arena, you get more ammo crates in certain challenges when you are set to easy as opposed to normal or hard difficulty.

hmmm it is not hars as most people say it is...

I admit that in the first 20 times you are getting yourself killed so many times that you wanna smash the controller in the window:mad:,but after some time you know what to do each level and you know which enemis will apper,and where they will so after some practice you getiing yourself 10,000 points and you get the trophy:dance:,[p.s I just got it today,very enjoyable trophy :) ]

That's the first I've ever heard that. Defintely worth checking out, can't hurt anything as long as you don't switch to Easy in the middle of your Q-Force Champion trophy run. I know in the battle arena, you get more ammo crates in certain challenges when you are set to easy as opposed to normal or hard difficulty.

Yeah, it probably does't hurt to switch to easy. That was excactly my thought. But again: It migh just have been luck.

To be honest I had a very hard time getting the trophy and when I finally made it throu my "Trophy run" it fellt like the game felt sorry for me because I was so patheticly bad. I got like 3 Exta lifes and 2 "Kaboom"-Extras during that run... Pure Luck I tell you.

So OT: Change the difficulty, because it probably won't hurt but just don't expect to much of a change...

i think so but i'm not really sure, i did run thru it on easy and got the trophy then but i don't think it made it any more easier, just a mental thing

the biggest thing about that game is rescue the people first and foremost, everything after that is just added bonus

easiest way that everybody says is on 2 player. i managed to get this with my brother playing and he's an idiot.lol.:D

I tried for this trophy loads of times over the last couple of days and came close a few times (9820 etc.) but couldn't quite manage it.

I switched it on tonight and did it 1st time!

I'm playing it through on hard and lives, power ups are just random. This time it gave me 3 extra lives in the first 2 rounds. I defeated the boss on level 15 which brought out loads of civilians to rescue and voila!

A tip that helped me was combo the first couple of waves who can't harm you as they appear while rescuing the prisoners which should get you 2000 - 2500 points straight out.

hmm I don't know but I think I never saw an Extra Life pop up when playing on hard... after beating the game and switching to Easy they poped up relativly often... But maybe thats just (bad)luck..?

I think more power-ups are dropped on the easier settings. I originally tried numerous times playing on hard setting and kept scoring between 7000 and 9500. When I had all other trophies I change to easy and got the 10000 point after a few goes (And plenty of items dropped on that attempt). It definitely felt easier but maybe that was a mental thing having finally got the trophy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From my experience, getting 10k on single player is very hard. 2 players, is cake. Not only can you revive each other by shooting each other, but you have two guns to eliminate the enemies.

Additional lives are rare. My first 6 tries on single player, I didn't get a single one. I started to get them my last couple tries on single... I think I had 3 in one game. On multi-player, I think 2 dropped, which helped like crazy.

I didn't have too much trouble doing this single player on hard, but it did take getting a bit lucky with multiple extra lives popping up.

Making sure you get the biggest combo you can out of the first couple of easy rounds can really help a lot.

I was a bit worried about this one considering I don't have a 2nd controller, but 40min later and I *just* managed it.

Good luck to anyone trying for it, my advice is save the aliens only if you can do so safely.

i.e. I wasted some lives rushing for aliens when they immediately respawned and of course stuff would spawn literally as I grabbed them, killing me.

Avoid bombs but shoot them to take out half your screen and get a nice combo :)