Challenge Mode Difficulty

Tried to search the forum and google it, but couldnt find out if you got the Challenge Mode trophy if you changed the difficulty from how you completed your normal game.

I completed the game on Hard on my first playthrough. I then changed the game difficulty to casual and beat Lord Vorselon and got the gold trophy for beating him. I then visited the Insomniac Moon as that was the last trophy I was missing.

After the trophy popped up I looked a bit around and started the Challenge Mode from the Extras in the menu. I'm still on casual, and will post my answer as soon as I finish the playthrough, crossing my fingers ;)

EDIT:

Well you should check out this thread now.

I just got the Glutton for Punishment trophy and my platinum. I completed challenge mode on CASUAL after completing my main game on Hard. I also BYPASED pretty much all of Clanks puzzles as well as to save time. So my challenge playthrough was no more than a little over 3 hours actually ;)

I did however change my difficulty setting from Hard to Casual before I battled and got the gold trophy for beating Lord Vorselon. (I had already got the gold trophy for beating the game on hard of course) And went straight into Challenge mode after that, it probably works either way, but just to let you guys know.

Edited by Takk_For_Maten

Yeah I noticed too when you Go to Challange Mode Via the Extras Menu or Via the choice after Beating the Game the Difficulty settings stays whatever it was after beating the Game, but it does unlock HardCore in New Game options.

So I'm just wondering why it doesnt change it under the Options Menu, If I go all the way through the game and find out it never actually changed the difficulty im gonna be pissed(Mainly cuz the Damn Clank parts in the Great Clock are Boring As Hell)

I'm assuming though Challange Mode is In fact HardCore, the enemies do appear to take more hits b4 they die then they did on Hard. It would just appear for some reason whatever Difficulty the game was set to prior to switching to Challange mode via Extra menu or after beating stays there.

Edited by Tparsons5150

I'll be watching this thread lol

Well you should check out this thread now.

I just got the Glutton for Punishment trophy and my platinum. I completed challenge mode on CASUAL after completing my main game on Hard. I also BYPASED pretty much all of Clanks puzzles as well as to save time. So my challenge playthrough was no more than a little over 3 hours actually ;)

I did however change my difficulty setting from Hard to Casual before I battled and got the gold trophy for beating Lord Vorselon. (I had already got the gold trophy for beating the game on hard of course) And went straight into Challenge mode after that, it probably works either way, but just to let you guys know.

I edited the first post so that everyone can see that this works!

Edited by Takk_For_Maten

Since it is here, I may as well use this thread to ask a couple of questions I have.

1. Is it necessary to have to buy the Omega weapons in challenge mode, or will you be able to get through alright with weapons from your first playthrough?

2. I know that you can bypass Clank’s puzzles, but what is this the drawback for doing it? Do you lose bolts or something like that?

sry im a bit simple minded, but I finished the game on Hard, started challenge mode, when I go to the in-game menu to look at the difficulty it still says Hard. Would this prevent me from getting the trophy or no? thanks!:confused:

Reload your hard plathrough and change the difficulty to easy and then start a new challenge run so the difficulty will automatically be set to easy. Don't mess with the difficulty level during challenge mode since i believe it'll block the trophy.

Since it is here, I may as well use this thread to ask a couple of questions I have.

1. Is it necessary to have to buy the Omega weapons in challenge mode, or will you be able to get through alright with weapons from your first playthrough?

2. I know that you can bypass Clank’s puzzles, but what is this the drawback for doing it? Do you lose bolts or something like that?

You don't really need any of the omega weapons but you may want to just upgrade to omega for the ones you use most often.

The only drawback for skipping the clank puzzles is that you don't get the bolt reward at the end. No big deal really.

Hi, you might want to add that this also works on the Raritanium cup, if you haven't gotten it before completing the game (getting the trophies). You can switch difficulty to casual, complete the Raritanium cup and - wollah :dance: instant trophydance! :)

Sweet, i'm just about to do the Raritanium tourney myself. This should be a lot easier.

Awesome I am glad I found this thread! I just beat the game on Hard for my first playthough and was wondering how much of a pain Challenge would be. I'll set to Casual and get my last couple trophies! Wasn't thinking I would be able to platinum this game. Just need to get all those gold bolts in the clock :(

i cud vouch for it, beat the game on hard then did everything on casual like beat lord vorselon and the insomniac museum, then challenge i beat in around 3 hours, its pretty linear you dont have to find any zoni or anything either.

so if u want a quick runthrough on challenge just change the difficulty to casual.

OK, since there seems to be a lot of good info out here on Challenge Mode, I have a quick question.

I just completed the game on medium (first time through). If I play through again on Challenge Mode, will it still be on medium difficulty?

I loaded up a totally new game so that I could try it on hard and noticed that my bolt count was at 0 so I assume I lost my weapons doing this?

I'd like to play challenge mode on hard, but still keep all my weapons. Is this possible? And if this is the same question as what everyone else has been asking, I apologize.

thanks

• 2 months later...

I'd like to play challenge mode on hard, but still keep all my weapons. Is this possible? And if this is the same question as what everyone else has been asking, I apologize.

thanks

Change the difficulty to hard before you finish the game. if all your weapons and armor are upgraded, you should be able to handle him -- this will make the new game start on hard for sure.

Also, FYI, if you've gotten your difficulty trophies out of the way, you can change the difficulty of the challenge mode whenever you want to whatever you want. I played through on hard until I beat Azimuth the first time, changed the diffculty to casual when I got sick of trying to kill Vorselon on hard... when he was dead, I switched back to hard and finished the game again to get to challenge mode.

After getting Azimuth to 0.001% health and having him kill me unexplainably, I couldn't do it again... Frustrated, I changed the difficulty to casual and mopped the floor with him. Glutton for Punishment unlocked.

• 2 weeks later...

i can confirm that you can change the difficulty in challenge mode and still get the glutton for punishment trophy

on your normal mode playthrough you will only get the trophy for the lowest difficuly you had it set to

and the hardcore difficulty is acquired after completing the game once on any difficulty and it is just a harder version of the game then it is on the hard difficulty