DLC Glitch in a good way

Phyrexian

:cool:Discovered a glitch thanks to PSN User "yo-an" The glitch does work. As i Just did it and got both Territorial and Aqua Incognita at the same time. The steps for the glitch are as follows:

1. Start a private match on each of the DLC Maps. (Adam Grab is what i did by myself.) Just grab the little sister and hold her til the match is over then repeat for the other maps.

2. Just win one match on one of the DLC maps and boop boop Territorial & Aqua Incognita both pop.

The whole time the guy was telling me about this I really thought I was getting trolled. But i did it, and it works!:applause:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You need to get a win on all 6 DLC maps in a private game, then a 7th win in a public game and all this must be done in 1 session without exiting to the main disc menu. These are the DLC maps:

1. Dionysus Park
  2. Fighting McDonagh's
  3. Fontaine Fisheries
  4. Pauper's Drop
  5. Siren Alley
  6. Smuggler's Hideout

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

• 1 month later...

Anyone still do this? I'm looking for people with the Rapture Metro map pack. Rank 11 and still have yet to PLAY a new map, much less win one. I've done the private session get-up. ;) I veto as much as I can.. but alas, it won't skip for one person lol.

Anyone still do this? I'm looking for people with the Rapture Metro map pack. Rank 11 and still have yet to PLAY a new map, much less win one. I've done the private session get-up. ;) I veto as much as I can.. but alas, it won't skip for one person lol.

You have to do both the private and the public parts of this exploit in the same session, you cannot do the private matches then turn off the game and come back later.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say thanks to the OP for sharing this.

I got the plat back in 2010 & at the time didn't know about this glitch & thought these 2 trophies would be a royal pain to get, thanks to this tip though i got them both yesterday within my first 10mins of attempting them.

I randomly met a bunch of people online in the multiplayer who were boosting trophies & they kindly allowed me to get the one dlc map win i needed.

Worked like a charm.

Idk if i was lucky to find an on the fly boosting group so quick, or weather there's just still alot of people boosting ? either way i'm very happy to finally get these trophies :D

Thankyou kindly :)

• 4 weeks later...

I tried this already but it's hard getting into a game with people who have the DLC. :/

You need to get a win on all 6 DLC maps in a private game, then a 7th win in a public game and all this must be done in 1 session without exiting to the main disc menu. These are the DLC maps:

1. Dionysus Park
  2. Fighting McDonagh's
  3. Fontaine Fisheries
  4. Pauper's Drop
  5. Siren Alley
  6. Smuggler's Hideout

Wow! Thank you for that bit of information! I did not know that. :/

Edited by Bounty V
please use the edit function instead of double posting

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know how you guys can ever win this trophy even with the glitch. The 6 matches win on private and alone are easy but the 7th is impossible because you can't choose your map and the DLC maps NEVER come no matter how many times you keep playing which makes sense because as long as public matches have people without the DLC the system won't select one of the DLC maps...

Don't know what to do :(

EDIT: Unless that 7th match on public can be done on a NON DLC map ?

Edited by Quexos

I don't know how you guys can ever win this trophy even with the glitch. The 6 matches win on private and alone are easy but the 7th is impossible because you can't choose your map and the DLC maps NEVER come no matter how many times you keep playing which makes sense because as long as public matches have people without the DLC the system won't select one of the DLC maps...

Don't know what to do :(

EDIT: Unless that 7th match on public can be done on a NON DLC map ?

You have to boost, you won't be able to do this with randoms. You need 5 other people that have DLC and want the trophy. You all do your matches in private, and then join a public session together to get each person their last win.

You have to boost, you won't be able to do this with randoms. You need 5 other people that have DLC and want the trophy. You all do your matches in private, and then join a public session together to get each person their last win.

But even if I somehow found 5 people that are interested, as soon as I go to public, I cannot choose to get them with me, on public the system selects people and assuming there are at least tens of thousands of people playing at any given time across the world, I will never by chance happen on those 5 people.

In other words, how do you DECIDE who you play with on public ?

But even if I somehow found 5 people that are interested, as soon as I go to public, I cannot choose to get them with me, on public the system selects people and assuming there are at least tens of thousands of people playing at any given time across the world, I will never by chance happen on those 5 people.

In other words, how do you DECIDE who you play with on public ?

Read up on boosting methods in the boosting thread. You can start matchmaking with yourself and 4 other people. Then as soon as matchmaking starts, you invite the 6th. It only works for one mode that has maximum of 6 people in it (I think it's ADAM Grab - don't remember).

EDIT:

Here are the detailed instructions:

Boosting 101 Hacking Method - BioShock 2 - PSNProfiles Forums

Edited by Eternal21

Read up on boosting methods in the boosting thread. You can start matchmaking with yourself and 4 other people. Then as soon as matchmaking starts, you invite the 6th. It only works for one mode that has maximum of 6 people in it (I think it's ADAM Grab - don't remember).

Thank you but I don't need boosting as I am level 40.

Well I guess I'll try to find 5 other people, I suppose if I manage that, we can veto maps until the system lets us on a DLC map.

Not easy though, first finding those people, second agreeing with them on what we are doing exactly and typing with the PS3 controller to mail them is slow, then (and this is the hardest I think) hoping that those 5 people can somehow be online at the same time as me...

Edit: Just to be sure I got the first part right, the first 6 matches which I can do on private for the glitch, I just grab the little sister and wait for the 3 minutes to pass for each of the 6 DLC maps, but I can be ALONE in each of those private matches right ?

Edited by Quexos

Thank you but I don't need boosting as I am level 40.

You still need boosting, you just don't need level boosting (unless you want to reach level 50). Boosting a trophy is different from boosting a level, but it's still considered boosting.

Well I guess I'll try to find 5 other people, I suppose if I manage that, we can veto maps until the system lets us on a DLC map.

Not easy though, first finding those people, second agreeing with them on what we are doing exactly and typing with the PS3 controller to mail them is slow, then (and this is the hardest I think) hoping that those 5 people can somehow be online at the same time as me...

That's what boosting thread is for. It's not easy, but it's easier than waiting ages for a DLC map that may never come up, and then hope you can actually win it. When I organized my boosting session I had over 20 people willing to join.

Edit: Just to be sure I got the first part right, the first 6 matches which I can do on private for the glitch, I just grab the little sister and wait for the 3 minutes to pass for each of the 6 DLC maps, but I can be ALONE in each of those private matches right ?

Yes, that's correct.

Edited by PainOfDemise
Offsite boosting promoting.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 7 months later...