worth the extra $30 or so for the controller?

jg24

• 2 months later...

I'd like to know this as well. The game is £20 in the UK sans rod, or £50 with rod. I have a Move controller but as a fisherman I think I'd prefer the actual rod but want to know if it's worth spending £50 to get it.

One review stated the Move was better than the rod due to button placement. So if anyone has used both and can offer their own feedback that'd be great.

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked up the whole package game and reel yesterday on clearance for $15 so I don't think I would have paid $40-$50 without testing the setup for sure. So far I have played the game only with the Rod and it is taking some getting used to. It seems a little awkward at times. It does give you the casting and reeling motion to make the game a little more active I guess. I can't say I would have paid and extra $30 just to get the rod to go with the game. I think that $30 for both would be good.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the reel controller and it wasn't what I was hoping for. I was hoping it was going to be like the one for PS1. It has no vibrate function and you have to use two "AA" batteries. Could have been so much better with vibrate and something to add resistance when you're reeling in.