Sheriff Stars

BishopFrost

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone in the future I found level one to be best for grinding. The unskippable cutscenes are annoying but you can get 10-15k stars each time on level 1. Also at the end of the level once you hit the targets pause and restart the tale. It will save all the stars you collected and save on load times.

Edited by kdogg2010

I found that the end of level 1 is the best place to farm sheriff stars. Its where you fight a giant insect that spawns 6 baby insects.

All I did was use a charged melee attack on the 6 baby insects and avoid hitting the Giant Insect because each melee kill gets you 100 stars assuming you got a 20x multiplier. The Giant Insect will continue to spawn more baby insects which means you can continue to rack up stars as long as you avoid killing the Giant Insect.

Even if you do get hit and lose your multiplier, its easy to get your multiplier back to 20x just by killing the baby insects.

I averaged around 25-30k just by doing this method which made the 200k sheriff star grind relatively painless.

• 2 weeks later...

for some reason the little crawlers stop giving me stars after about 3-4 waves...

that way it's no use at all:S

any idea what I'm doing wrong?

btw is there any way to check how many you have? coz I did the first level like 8 times, so that should be 80K still no trophy for 100K trough... I did less then 20K in the entire playtrough? could be but, I'm not sure...

Edited by Donkey-er

for some reason the little crawlers stop giving me stars after about 3-4 waves...

that way it's no use at all:S

any idea what I'm doing wrong?

btw is there any way to check how many you have? coz I did the first level like 8 times, so that should be 80K still no trophy for 100K trough... I did less then 20K in the entire playtrough? could be but, I'm not sure...

They stop dropping stars yes but if you look at the top right every time you get a kill it adds 100-600 pending on how many you kill. It is by far the best method for grinding stars.

• 3 weeks later...
I found that the end of level 1 is the best place to farm sheriff stars. Its where you fight a giant insect that spawns 6 baby insects.

All I did was use a charged melee attack on the 6 baby insects and avoid hitting the Giant Insect because each melee kill gets you 100 stars assuming you got a 20x multiplier. The Giant Insect will continue to spawn more baby insects which means you can continue to rack up stars as long as you avoid killing the Giant Insect.

Even if you do get hit and lose your multiplier, its easy to get your multiplier back to 20x just by killing the baby insects.

I averaged around 25-30k just by doing this method which made the 200k sheriff star grind relatively painless.

This works 100%

Thanks for the heads up

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try it.

Works like a charm! Best method around!

Edited by crazyjava

That tip REALLY should be in the guide...

Few things i found out while playing. The reason you keep getting stars at the end after they stop appearing is the Mele Bonus you get for hand combat kills. For each Mele kill you get a bonus starting with like 20 stars. As your streak climbs it maxes out at 100 stars per kill. This is what you are grinding for.

Also, great tip mentioned above- if you kill the big bug, just pause, quit, and then contiue story from the main menu - even if you have beat the game. Picks right back up at the big bug scene with all stars you had and bug with full life. Actually quicker to do this, because the small bugs will start to drop stars again as well.

I will be giving this method a go, as I only need to buy the additional upgrades and obtain the sheriff stars trophies for the platinum, I had managed to complete the game without reaching 100k stars even though I collected the stars like mad.

Used the method above and obtained my latest platinum at 10:34hours, thanks again for the tip:)

Edited by danron83

• 2 weeks later...

That method isn't working for me. First few babies give me stars but after the 3rd or 4th row of babies it doesnt give nothing but hearts. I didnt get hit by the mother either. I did it on hard mode and easy mode and same thing. what am i doing wrong? i only do that attack as well. Anyone else had same problem?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah Sharksfan24 has the best advice to get this, that's what I did also, and it's a lot less painless this way, and by far this best way found so far.:applause:

Just make sure you at least have Rango's Star amount for killing enemies maxed out, and you will notice a huge difference in the amount you receive.

Edited by JD-WELLS488

• 2 weeks later...

Why can I not do the charged melee attack? I am holding down square but nothing happens??

So I restarted the level and i could do a charged melee before I got the gun. Once I got the gun it wouldn't let me do it anymore. Is there some way to holster the gun? Or what could the issue be?

Edited by Violator