Last battle with Namoris (spoilers)

DeeperShade

Does anyone have any tips for this asshole, he's kicking my arse.

Usually I use the drop bag trick to block him away from trish so she can wail on his ass, but with just him, it becomes impossible. He gets like 8 subturns and is so fast he gets 2-4 full turns before I can heal, but by then my entire team is dead.

Baldren, Trish and Doz, all level 68, all with about 3.5k health.

Is there any trick to this guy, something to give me the edge? I miss Silence Spell from final fantasy.... :p

Edited by DeeperShade

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your on Hard/Adventurous, spend loot on the latest tier 10 weapons (20-30 slots) with decent def & speed materials. Speed is king and pretty much required on hard. He gets tougher after half his hp is gone too lol. He starts summoning 4-5 green book mobs every turn to heal him so you gotta have enough speed to attack him while one or two character focus on killing some of the book mobs. Balderon should be doing at least 4000-5000 minimum damage to Namoris with shield bash.

Another quick tip. slap on 2 of the best materials on your gear to get passive buffs (Protect/Haste). The materials are:

Essence of the Sun = Protect

Toxic Ixiolit = Haste

Hope this helps. Try not to worry bout saving materials, after you beat him, post game materials are alot better & more common.

Edited by VeeT1

Ah, hell, those FRACKING BOOKS. I HATE BOOKS. FECK BOOKS.

I'm gonna need to grind away then. Any tips for places that a 68 set of chars can grind. I went through dreadlords, but level 4 is guarded by a level 150. I doubt I can take him on so I backed away.

Stuck on this guy myself.

When I first saw that it was just him, I thought "Well this shouldn't be too..oh crap". I've gone back to the grinding board, to get enough materials to upgrade my new weapons and armor.

I really don't have any good advice. Baldren's Shield Bash for me only does about 2K, so I can't really burn him down as much as I'd like. I got him to 50% and then he started spamming the books. Fun.

Well laugh all you want Namoris, I'm gonna smack that pretty face of yours soon enough..

How I beat the boss:

- Make sure one of your attackers has enough HP/DEF to survive 1 full turn (preferably Baldren, because he has the damage advantage).

- Bring a healer with Cure, Group Cure & Revive. I used Trisha for this, simply because I've had her in the party since she joined me. Use her only for healing the 2 damage dealers. When both damage dealers have full health, she can attack Namoris, or later on the books.

- You will want to surround Namoris. For example, have 1 person standing directly above him, 1 beside him and 1 under him (or something similar). Kinda like this:

[Empty] Baldren [Empty]

Trisha Namoris [Empty]

[Empty] Dozeru [Empty]

- Once his health drops to 50%, he will summon the healing books. Ignore those, unless they get directly next to you. At that point you might want to kill them if they do too much damage.

- Use your last subturn to Defend. This will cut the received damage by +/- 50%.

- Bring enough revival things & healing potions with you. I used about 5 revival things and quite a few healing potions.

This is how the battle will progress:

Namoris will probably start off by attacking and killing your healer. That's okay.. (Killing the girl first.. what a gentleman :rolleyes: )

Get up close to Namoris with your other two characters and have one of them revive the healer. Now get into position with all 3 characters. Use Baldren's Shield Bash and the other attacker's strongest attacks. The healer will obviously heal & revive the injured.

When the books get summoned, they will attempt to heal Namoris. This is why you will want to be in the above mentioned positions. The healing skills of the books always target several squares. Since they can't cast the healing skill, because you are on one of the squares, it will usually just skip the turn or get close to you to bite you.

This is how I beat the boss with 1x lvl 67 & 2x lvl 63 characters. I gave these tips to someone else and the strategy worked for him as well. Good luck :)

I beat him when I was at level 72 I think. I bought 10 speed potions and guzzled them all with the main char so I always had a turn when he does too. I did not defend with my main char and hoped that Namoris attacked the other two who did not do much damage. At the beginning of each turn, I would have to use a health potion.

I did need to revive 3 times, but he went down. Also, I used the skill that gives an additional subturn.

When I did it on Hard yesterday, with a party of Baldren, Trisha, and Dozeru (all level 80), he always focused on Trisha while completely ignoring the other two characters.

And so I beefed up her Defenses and gave a permanent Protected status on her armor, used one of those Boost items (for extra Defense and HP) and used one of those Inflated items on her (double HP for 6 ingame hours). He couldn't bring her down, and the other two characters just wailed on his ass 'til he dropped.

I also had no problem picking off the books that he summoned.

My battle was embarrassing. First I tried fighting him at level 71 a few times but always failed miserably. I decided it was time for some grinding but luckily I had 1 more side quest to do so it didn't feel like it.

I returned to fight him at level 75 and after failing once, he finally spawned all the way in the corner of the area. He went straight away for Trisha as usual but by the time he killed her I was able to move Serena to the other side. He then started walking towards her so Baldren, who was dealing damage to him while keeping his distance the entire time, revived Trisha in her corner and went on to continue chipping away at Namoris' health. When Serena died, Baldren revived her at her corner and... well, you get the picture. That's how it went for a few minutes until the not-so-smart Boss died.

His summoned books weren't an issue as since my party was all over the place, I was able to take most of them out with Serena/Trisha while they waited for their imminent deaths.

My general advice is use the Endurance(forgot the exact name) passive skill which gives you +1 sub-turn, Hasted condition(you can use flasks, crafts and if you leveled up your Hasted skill you can buff your characters up while fighting 1 imp near by) and Inflated(double max. HP) Condition.

Edited by komori kiri

How I beat the boss:

- Make sure one of your attackers has enough HP/DEF to survive 1 full turn (preferably Baldren, because he has the damage advantage).

- Bring a healer with Cure, Group Cure & Revive. I used Trisha for this, simply because I've had her in the party since she joined me. Use her only for healing the 2 damage dealers. When both damage dealers have full health, she can attack Namoris, or later on the books.

- You will want to surround Namoris. For example, have 1 person standing directly above him, 1 beside him and 1 under him (or something similar). Kinda like this:

[Empty] Baldren [Empty]

Trisha Namoris [Empty]

[Empty] Dozeru [Empty]

- Once his health drops to 50%, he will summon the healing books. Ignore those, unless they get directly next to you. At that point you might want to kill them if they do too much damage.

- Use your last subturn to Defend. This will cut the received damage by +/- 50%.

- Bring enough revival things & healing potions with you. I used about 5 revival things and quite a few healing potions.

Namoris will probably start off by attacking and killing your healer. That's okay.. (Killing the girl first.. what a gentleman :rolleyes: )

Get up close to Namoris with your other two characters and have one of them revive the healer. Now get into position with all 3 characters. Use Baldren's Shield Bash and the other attacker's strongest attacks. The healer will obviously heal & revive the injured.

When the books get summoned, they will attempt to heal Namoris. This is why you will want to be in the above mentioned positions. The healing skills of the books always target several squares. Since they can't cast the healing skill, because you are on one of the squares, it will usually just skip the turn or get close to you to bite you.

This is how I beat the boss with 1x lvl 67 & 2x lvl 63 characters. I gave these tips to someone else and the strategy worked for him as well. Good luck :)

This worked perfectly, absolutely spot on. Took forever mind you, but he basically, he killed trish first, then killed doz. I let him :p

He then went after baldren who has quite a high defence against him. Then , respawn trish and doz, circled him, and then wailed on his ass with bald/doz whilst trish healed and swatted books.

Now, off onto higher levels :p

I've just got the dematerialiser ;)

@ Lucksi: Speed Potions? When and how do you get them?

Anyways, I can not low this guys' health to even 50%! And my characters are LV. 70 (Gorodo), LV. 72 (Dozeru) and LV. 74 (Bladren).

Might these characters have been a vad choice after all? Any tips for this setup?

@ Lucksi: Speed Potions? When and how do you get them?

Anyways, I can not low this guys' health to even 50%! And my characters are LV. 70 (Gorodo), LV. 72 (Dozeru) and LV. 74 (Bladren).

Might these characters have been a vad choice after all? Any tips for this setup?

same problem here my baldren is lvl 70 the other around 67 (mage and dozeru)... he wiped me pretty fast ;P

How I beat the boss:

[Empty] Baldren [Empty]

Trisha Namoris [Empty]

[Empty] Dozeru [Empty]

My characters were in the mid-70's but I was still getting my ass handed to me. I was getting to the point where I almost broke down and bought the Rainbow Pearls pack to pad my HP and MP. I saw this strategy and decided to give it a try before I plunked down the money. It took me more than a few tries, but it worked wonders.

My characters were in the mid-70's but I was still getting my ass handed to me. I was getting to the point where I almost broke down and bought the Rainbow Pearls pack to pad my HP and MP. I saw this strategy and decided to give it a try before I plunked down the money. It took me more than a few tries, but it worked wonders.

Yeah, but the problem on my side would be that I don't have a healer. Therefore this strategy would be useless for me, as the main point in this strategy is the healer role.

I might as well buy the 270k DLC to give each of my party members another subturn and some passive skills. Any suggestions for any particular skill?

To be honest, my healer (in this case Trish) was pretty much a non-factor in the battle and mainly served as cannon fodder. The difference maker for me was that all of my characters had the Haste passive buff from crafting Toxic Ixiolit (can be farmed from Wizards). This ensured that at least 2 of my 3 characters would get 2 turns for every turn that Namoris takes. I didn't have specific passive skills equipped other than the multiple negative resistance skills (poison, daze, worsened, etc.). Another thing I did was I crafted everything I had to every single piece of equipment to pad my speed and defense.

As for the actual battle, I found having Namois spawn in the middle of the field was the best position. This allowed my team to get into position within a turn. And with the Hasted buff, I was able to get a few licks in there. Getting Namoris to 50% health as quickly as possible is key. Reason being that once he got there, he spent half of his sub-turns spawning those books, which in turn spends less time smacking me around. At this point, I began to lose a character every time Namoris takes his turn. This is when having the Hasted buff showed its value. Having that extra turn allowed me to heal up and revive fallen characters, so stock up on potions and revive seeds. Holding the line and doing everything keep my characters in position (up close and personal) was priority one. This kept the books from healing and just waste their turns by just moving around.

It took a while, but Namoris finally went down... without the benefit of a designated healer :D

I beat him with rediculous ease just now. Bought the 270k RC DLC, bought tons of Recovery Expanders from that. After, I went mad on all revives, potions, boosts and positive conditions for all of my characters. In the actual battle I did not even have to use 1 revive, as he could not even bring down one of my characters. Not even a single item was used in the entire battle!

Another quick tip. slap on 2 of the best materials on your gear to get passive buffs (Protect/Haste). The materials are:

Toxic Ixiolit = Haste

Also, if you're lucky enough to find Essence of the Moon, it will allow you to add 2 buffs at once to your equipment. They are:

Item Master - Item usage doesn't cost a sub-turn. (normally only for Baldren, Zelorus and Serena by buying passive scrolls)

Inflated - Doubles you maximum Hit Points.

I got one of these from a Book of Rage (level 63). I discovered it after defeating 111 of those monsters.

I used my Essence of the Moon on a Common Brooch (2 slots). The character wearing it will show 'Endurance Master' in the Passive Skills tab, and 'Inflated' in the Conditions menu under the Status tab.

Toxic Ixiolit = Haste

Hope this helps. Try not to worry bout saving materials, after you beat him, post game materials are alot better & more common.

Where I can find these? Wich monster drops?

Where I can find these? Wich monster drops?

Maybe I can help you out a little bit. I don't remember the exact locations of these monsters, but coming across them won't be too hard. Anyway, here's the monsters that drop them:

Essence of the Sun (Protect) - dropped by Stinky Mucus Level 18 (#15) and Stick Eater Level 16 (#91) .

Toxic Ixiolit (Haste) - dropped by Giant Spiders Level 61 (#42) and Wizards Level 62 (#43).

Note: The # is for the Bestiary in the menu.

There may or may not be others that drop them too; but I haven't come across them yet.

For the Stinky Mucus, I got 2 Essence of the Sun out of 279 defeated.

For the Stick Eater, I got 0 Essence of the Sun out of 1 defeated. (Boss)

For the Giant Spiders, I got 1 Toxic Ixiolit out of 160 defeated.

For the Wizards, I got 2 Toxic Ixiolit out of 179 defeated.

Edited by Draghaughts

Maybe I can help you out a little bit. I don't remember the exact locations of these monsters, but coming across them won't be too hard. Anyway, here's the monsters that drop them:

Essence of the Sun (Protect) - dropped by Stinky Mucus Level 18 (#15) and Stick Eater Level 16 (#91) .

Toxic Ixiolit (Haste) - dropped by Giant Spiders Level 61 (#42) and Wizards Level 62 (#43).

Note: The # is for the Bestiary in the menu.

There may or may not be others that drop them too; but I haven't come across them yet.

For the Stinky Mucus, I got 2 Essence of the Sun out of 279 defeated.

For the Stick Eater, I got 0 Essence of the Sun out of 1 defeated. (Boss)

For the Giant Spiders, I got 1 Toxic Ixiolit out of 160 defeated.

For the Wizards, I got 2 Toxic Ixiolit out of 179 defeated.

Thanks, I think I level up more, maybe until level 80, and I try again the boss, some good place to level up until level 80/85?

Edited by FlareZero

How I beat the boss:

[Empty] Baldren [Empty]

Trisha Namoris [Empty]

[Empty] Dozeru [Empty]

This was pretty brilliant. He couldn't get healed, so it was just a battle of attrition. Not for me though, I gave everyone an inflated potion so they had ridiculously high hp, and namoris couldn't even kill my healer in a single turn. I pretty much made him my bitch:).