The Q&A Thread

PureNomad

:confused:

Nothing around yet offering firm guides or tips, so this thread is just early player tips and tactics they've used.

------

Choosing difficulty: NORMAL/HARD - Its confirmed you don't need Hard setting for Platinum so the choice is purely dependent on your personal taste and skill.

------

Choosing play style: Out of the 4 choices I was tempted with 'Adventuresome' but its not a super exclusive weapon that I was hoping for. It just rewards more rainbow coins when you reach a certain point in the game.

------

Theres a free beginners boost pack in the psn store, that grants you 100 rainbow coins and 10 rainbow pearls, to help get you started.

------

During fights with loads of enemies leave any bag drops for cover, so enemies can't attack from sides or behind. Even though you get a percentage of the bags items when you've won, you get a higher chance of finding rare items if you collect them before the battle finishes. Its easier to collect them when theres just one enemy remaining.

------

When you unlock more than one character, always set your weakest to LEADER. This means if they die in battle, they'll automatically come back to life on completing the fight (saving you money on revival or wasting potions)

------

SPEED: increases your amount of turns

LUCK: Increases the chance you'll critical hit or avoid being critical hit/affected by an effect (still not sure if luck affects the chance you'll find rarer items, people seem to say it does but nothing confirmed)

------

:circle: in battle lets you pick another option, when you've unlocked 2 or more moves

:square: in battle rotates your character so you can attack in different directions.

------tip by Xander45------

If a battle starts and the word 'Encounter' is ORANGE, then that means the monster you are fighting will never be seen again on the map. If the word Encounter is BLUE it means it will respawn after a few days.

------

Battle changes per day and times (still not worked out what times grant the Speed buff)

Ambrosia Day - You consume less food (a good day to camp/rest)

Beast Day - Enemys have lower HP

Holy Day - Player skills using mana have greater impact

Moon Day - ?

------

I highly recommend getting the 'Glittering Something Amulet' as soon as its available, its bare but has 5 slots for mats. Then save all your really high materials for it (things like Glowing Core's with 48HP). This way you can swap it around so someone in battle can always use it, and your not wasting your best mats on items you'll trade in for better items in an hour or so.

------tip by komori kiri------

How to get 'Level Up' trophy the easy/fast way

Get the Magic Light active skill (one of the basic/early skills) and teach it to a character. Preferably one with a lot of MP like Trisha. Now all you have to do is stand near a healer and use the skill until your MP runs out. Fill your MP up at the healer and repeat until it reaches Level 50. That's it. It should take no more than 5 minutes and it will only cost you a tiny amount of money. But if you can't afford it just save before you attempt this and reload once the trophy pops. *(Learning this skill also reducing misc item space because you wont need to carry torches or lanterns).

------tip by komori kiri------

When you start a battle, any battle, the mobs spawn locations are completely random. That includes boss fights as well! So if a boss spawn on your face, escape quickly and try again until they spawn way in the back. Their minions will also help blocking their path.

------

Known list of items your best keeping hold of - tips by Lucksi & ReNeGaDe124 -

3 Imp wings (right in the beginning)

3 Sheer wings (also beginning)

6 copper

3 strange ooze (rare drop from slimes)

2 imp horns (ultra rare drop from imps)

[x] HoneyCombs

[x] Red Mushrooms

3 Iron Claws (rare drops from dazed stares)

4 Acid Juices (rare drops from scorpions)

4 Living Rocks (rare drops from golems)

58 ice Wings (8 for one quest/50 for another)

4 Cursed Robes (rare drops from mages)

12 Yeatcha'n Packages

[x] Flotsam & Jetsam

10 Rotten Leathers

*[x] can repeat, so you can keep collecting

You also need Lifeless Stones & Lumber for quests and then theres the Rainbow Medals

Hand in Rainbow Medals to the npc in East Cassar island. The 1st 6 rewards 3 Fight Plans, 8 more rewards a Boost buff package, 10 rewards Care package, 12 rewards ultimate items bag upgrade.

Edited by PureNomad
Updated

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i find it incredibly important to anticipate the enemies movements, you have the turn indicator in the top right.

for example; you will see a wannabee hero, it moves 2 spaces a turn, why not position yourself two spaces away from it so that when it has its turn, it will walk right up to you, leaving it open for attack.

also, defending is vital; I've found that it reduces damage to a bare minimum, if youre facing tough enemies, you could always hit and defend, rather than letting off two attacks and leaving yourself open for massive damage.

That's what I've picked up from playing 2 hours of Hard Adventurous.

Theres a free beginners boost pack in the psn store, that grants you a few coins and rainbow coins to help get you started.

Oh, thanks for the advise! Those weren't there when I started the game!

I'll add a helpful tip, ALWAYS pick up bags; Enemies tend to aggro a single ally and focus on him/her till s/he is dead, so leave the bags on the map (since they are helpful obstacles) till the very last enemy, DEFEND with the aggroed ally (or move and defend if he is the only one) then pick up the bags. It's confirmed that picking bags will grant you more loot than getting em at the end of the screen. This is helpful not only to get coins, but in order to clear those 'get X drop from Y enemy' quests and such.

When you fight versus multiple enemies, position yourself in the corner, so they can attack you only from 2 sides.

Also, versus Wannabe idiots ( :D ) and Thieves...attack them once, then defend ---> repeat (attack Thieves with Shield skill, its bigger damage)

Red Golem enemy in Thieves Dungeon will ALWAYS attack Tisha, he will not attack another character until she is dead, so base your tactict on that (run with Tisha around main character while he attack Golem ;) )

Red Golem enemy in Thieves Dungeon will ALWAYS attack Tisha, he will not attack another character until she is dead, so base your tactict on that (run with Tisha around main character while he attack Golem ;) )

It's not Golems that only attack trisha - I see it like this: Every enemy on the grid seems to be attacking only one person at a time - meaning as soon as the battle starts, every enemy is bound to one of your characters for the time being. If you see an enemy running for trisha, just run around Baldren so he can hit the enemy, while trisha is getting no damage.

Also - Trisha can learn this cone shot (forgot it's name, tricky shot or something) that ocasionally gives enemies status-slow. I use it every time the battle seems hard. There's always some enemy at the start of the battle which u could hit with it.

Oh and dont bother with silly like trial imps, bees, wannabe heroes.... etc. enemies, they do no damage later in the game - focus on the strongest ones.

I'm only 5 and a half hours in but I would suggest focusing heavily on increasing speed as the primary stat as it significantly impacts how often you attack and move etc. Also with Trisha, in true supporting attacker style, she is incredibly weak so far so you really need to boost her defence asap if you see her as an ongoing character for you.

What does your foodbar do/mean? Is there any point in having it at 100% all the time?

I think there's no point in having 100% or around 100%. The only thing u shouuld keep in mind is that when it reaches 0%, that character will gradually lose health.

Again, I'm no expert since I have a little over 6h on the clock, but I've seen no difference while having 100%

After 16 hours playing on hard i must say buy all the spells/skills that have bound chance because later bosses and tough enemies will kill u in one try but if u bound them they cant move and u have a easy victory.

I am stuck now i have to kill boss who has 4 attacks and when i defend i takes 50hp but he has high speed and he will do sometimes 8 attacks before i have the chance to heal myself.

Hard is getting HARD

Im just wondering what you guys opinions are on this game. I must say from the preview video it looks gorgeous. and kind of reminds me of final fantasy 9. so what do you think?

The game is gorgeous with a real retro feel and whilst it doesn't feel overly strategic at first after 6 hours ish in the game does begin to challenge you and you have to work out what the enemy ai is doing. I'm in 9 to 10 hours now and some of the bosses are a real slog to beat.

Have to say its nothing like FFIX though IMHO.

The game is gorgeous with a real retro feel and whilst it doesn't feel overly strategic at first after 6 hours ish in the game does begin to challenge you and you have to work out what the enemy ai is doing. I'm in 9 to 10 hours now and some of the bosses are a real slog to beat.

Have to say its nothing like FFIX though IMHO.

I just thought it looked like FF9 from the videos a little bit. I have been looking for something a bit different. gets boring playing the same old fps or racer or whatever. I think I might give this a go then. and im always up for a challenge.

thanks for your input.:)

I just thought it looked like FF9 from the videos a little bit. I have been looking for something a bit different. gets boring playing the same old fps or racer or whatever. I think I might give this a go then. and im always up for a challenge.

thanks for your input.:)

I can see where you get that from based on the visuals. Yeah know what you mean and its nice because its quite different to the other strategy rpgs out there. Would recommend playing on Normal rather than Hard though lol.

I can see where you get that from based on the visuals. Yeah know what you mean and its nice because its quite different to the other strategy rpgs out there. Would recommend playing on Normal rather than Hard though lol.

Agreed. I started my game on Normal and thank christ I did, because right from the beginning I had to grind the first enemy to be able to handle the second enemy, then the second enemy to be able to handle the third enemy, etc.

Would you guys recommend buying some of the optional money? Would that starting area be easier if you can buy some armor and weapons from the start?

Nope, there aren't any weapons for sale at the start, and the armour that is available is pretty useless until you get your first companion.

Even then you'll be able to get armour from quests and upgrade your weapons through quests.

I don't know if it'll help later on in the game, I'm guessing it will, but for the starting area, even on hard with adventurous mode selected there's no reason to.

I would get the free 100 gold/10BP download though so you can keep yourself healed.

I would recommend not to buy the additional gold at least not for now, im 16 hours in (just killed the Lv 27 Assassin Boss in the Desert Cave) -I'm Level 25- and never needed cash, I'm not a fan of grinding in this game but I usually have 1.5-2k before a store resupply, meaning that by the middle of the next main quest i can buy almost anything i need.

My recommendation is to play the game till you are stuck and if you get stuck the 500x6 Pearls looks more appealing than money...

I'm only 2 1/2 hrs in and just beaten the first dungeon. I'm wondering if the monsters respawn at all?

Monsters walking on the map don't respawn, however every 5 steps you have a chance to fight a random encounter. You just have to accept it or ignore it. My playstyle is that i usually clean the whole area of monsters, then explore it. I usually don't fight random encounters, however I make some exceptions now and then IF the monsters arent poisonous, or i have too many healing items. I have like 7h of playtime and fought less than 20 randoms. No problems with bosses/mobs yet.

Monsters walking on the map don't respawn, however every 5 steps you have a chance to fight a random encounter. You just have to accept it or ignore it. My playstyle is that i usually clean the whole area of monsters, then explore it. I usually don't fight random encounters, however I make some exceptions now and then IF the monsters arent poisonous, or i have too many healing items. I have like 7h of playtime and fought less than 20 randoms. No problems with bosses/mobs yet.

Actually and I could be wrong but they don't respawn at first or whilst you are in the area but some of them do respawn if you come back to the area at a later date. I went to the second island and back after a few levels to do a side quest from the first island and the monsters were back.

Later on you will be able to buy a Passive Skill that makes you invulnerable to Poison, one of my fav passive skills EVER, there's one for anti-bound too, but the enemies that use Bound is low, and i don't find it as annoying as poison.

OMG I was waiting for some kind of amulet or anything for poison. It is seriously overpowered for the enemies.

I had one battle with a boss and a bunch of bad bee things and I had the strategy for the boss down and knew I could beat him until I got two of my melee attackers poisoned and nothing to heal the poison then I knew I was done :( (PS this was after about 15 min of the battle)

I have a tip that might help you during battles: if enemies drop loot, don't go and collect it because you will get it all at the end of the fight, regardless of how far you are from it. Also, that dropped loot serves as baricade against enemies, limiting the directions from which they can attack you. This way you can surround yourself with loot and leave just one empty space to easily defeat the enemies as they come at you one by one.