Memory Locations

Seibei4211

Here's just some general information to start with:

• You can only start collecting these once you've beaten the game.
  • The memories aren't visible until you get close to where they're supposed to be.
  • There's 3 per chapter and you find them in numerical order.
  • When you pick one up, it's immediately saved, so you can go back to the main menu if you want.
  • I don't think there's a single memory during a section where you're in immediate danger. So when you're getting chased by whatever, you don't have to kill yourself by going the wrong way to get a memory or anything like that.

A big thank you to dmm121182 for confirming the checkpoints and improving the formatting of the guide.

Chapter 1:

Checkpoint 1

01 - Daybreak

In the area with the fountain, there's a left path and a right path. Take the left path to a dead end.

Checkpoint 3

02 - Dusk

After the part where you're forced to get noticed by a dog and sprint to safety under a roof, wait until the dog leaves once you're safe. When it's gone, go back and head towards the long staircase that you ran past. The memory is at the top of the stairs.

Checkpoint 4

03 - The Town's Memories

Right after you force the second dog to run into the scaffolding, climb up, then go right and down to see a staircase. The memory's at the bottom of the stairs.

Chapter 2:

Checkpoint 1

04 - The Big Wide World

Immediately after escaping from the Unknown by running through the small hole, head to the left.

Checkpoint 2

05 - The Faraway World

After the first big muddy puddle, continue to the very end of that alley, past the stack of boxes, until you see a glowing hole you can crawl through. Crawl through and on the other side is the memory.

Checkpoint 4

06 - Premonitions

When you reach the church courtyard, don't enter the church. Go to the right into the little garden area and look behind the bushes for the memory.

Chapter 3:

Checkpoint 1

07 - A Face in Profile

Instead of running under the second tall beast, run to the left. The beast is practically staring at it.

Checkpoint 3

08 - The Wind

When you reach the very first set of 4 lockers, open the leftmost locker.

Checkpoint 4

09 - A Meeting

After you use the levers to move a platform a couple of times, you'll end up in a room with a muddy puddle and a couple of clear puddles. Make your way to the end of this room. Instead of going left to leave the room, go right and jump up a series of ledges. The memory is at the top to the right.

Chapter 4:

Checkpoint 2

10 - Metamorphosis

When you finally join up with the girl, she'll lead turn right to go down an alley. Ignore her and go straight to the end of your current alley where the car is instead.

Checkpoint 3

11 - Little Lost Child

Open the locker to the left of the locker with the key in it.

Checkpoint 5

12 - A Landscape

When you jump off of the cart being rammed, stay on that overhang. Run to the left until you see the memory pop up.

Chapter 5:

Checkpoint 3

13 - A Presence

After getting the charging beast to break the gate, head into that room where the girl was waiting. Once inside, head down until you go down a staircase. As you're going down, you'll see the memory, so go up and get it.

14 - Vanishing Shadows

Shortly after saving the girl from the charger/car situation, you'll come across a very large staircase. Ignore that for now and head to the end of the walkway next to it.

Checkpoint 5

15 - Welcoming the Rain

In the sewers, you'll do a section where you have to silently get around some dogs while walking on a water-covered floor. You'll climb a ladder with a muddy puddle at the top. Cross the little bridge, then head towards the barrels on the left instead of dropping down.

Chapter 6:

Checkpoint 1

16 - Into the Night

After the Unknown chases the girl into the circus tent, don't follow them inside. Instead, head to the right so that you're running where the Unknown/girl were running and go all the way to the end.

Checkpoint 3

17 - A Beacon

After you capture the Unknown, head outside and back to the left near where you originally started this chapter. A memory is now there. If you jumped to this checkpoint, then this is literally right where the checkpoint starts, so just head left.

18 - A Shadow Appears

Once you're in the house, head to the right and go up through the first doorway you see. The memory's in the bathroom.

Chapter 7:

Checkpoint 1

19 - The Darkness

Pass by the bugs and dog in the cages. While you're running across the long walkway with tall arches, you'll see an area in the middle of the walkway with some roots on it. Jump over the root for a memory.

20 - Behind the Night

This is very soon after #19. You'll pass by the charger and tall beasts in cages. When you jump down from a platform, you'll see a couple of staircases. Go up the small staircase on the left to reach a platform with the memory.

Checkpoint 3

21 - The Light

You'll probably see this one as you're running through the level, but you won't be able to reach it immediately. Ignore it for now and continue with the level. Run by the three bookcases and reach the top of that set of buildings. Right after you make your big leap across to the next building, stop. Walk, don't sprint, out onto the narrow walkway at the corner. Head to the end and sprint jump across to the left. Drop down a couple of times, jump across, then finally get your memory.

Chapter 8:

Checkpoint 1

22 - Awakenings

When you see the Chapter 8 text pop up, continue to the bottom of the stairs, then head left. Run by the Unknown and head up the other staircase. You'll end up on the other side of the gap where you originally started.

23 - Awaiting the Dawn

This is almost immediately after #22. Cross the bridge and head to the right towards the staircase. Don't go up the stairs, but run next to them instead and get the memory.

Checkpoint 5

24 - Daybreak

At the end of the chapter, after you've opened the first door, head inside and just start walking around the back-left side of the area. You can't see the memory, you'll just pick it up eventually when you finally touch it.

Edited by Seibei4211

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I've written a checkpoint for each collectible, but those aren't confirmed yet. Some of them I'm sure of the checkpoint, but others I just sort of guessed on. There's no simple way of checking, really. And it's only useful if you're just missing one memory and you want to skip straight to it, so I don't know if I should just get rid of that part of the guide or what.

First of all, a massive thank you to Seibei4211 for not only taking the time to actually search for all 24 Memories, but more importantly for taking the time to type up such an incredibly detailed and accurate guide on how to find them all.

Anyway, after using your "Memory Locations" guide by quickly jumping to each Checkpoint within each Chapter from the Main Menu and then immediately selecting "Back to Title Screen" from the Pause Menu after collecting each one (since they do automatically save), I was able to get all 24 Memories in just a little over an hour. So clearly the Checkpoint information is extremely valuable in saving a lot of time, especially for those of us like myself who already took our time on our first playthrough to actually enjoy the game (4+ hours) , and just wanna get the 24 Memories as quickly as possible on our second playthrough for the story-related info they provide (and of course for the 100% Trophies).

During the process of using your guide this way, I was also able to personally confirm the exact Checkpoints for each Memory. Only 4/24 you listed were incorrect, which I have properly edited below. I also fixed the only typo I could find (changing "#23" to #22 in the "Awaiting the Dawn" description), and edited the info provided for the last Memory "Daybreak", since you don't actually have to open both doors to aquire it. I also took the liberty of making some formatting revisions so that the guide is easier to read, and I also removed the color red, since it hurts the eyes to read.

I only did this as a thank you to Seibei4211 (who already did 99% of the work) and of course to help the community. As soon as Seibei4211 either incorporates or copy+pastes the edits into his/her original "Memory Locations" guide, I will edit my post so that only Seibei4211's guide remains on this page for future use. Whether or not he/she chooses to also use my formatting revisions is entirely inconsequential, although of course it is recommended. After that's done, in all honesty this is pretty much all you need for a complete "Trophy Guide & Roadmap" anyway (until of course one is created). If you somehow happen to get stuck anywhere during your first playthrough, then just check out this video walkthrough playlist on YouTube courtesy of "gamerfuzionhd"..

(I removed all of the edits and format revisions that I originally posted here, as Seibei4211 has already incorporated them into the Memory Locations Guide above. Please use it with confidence as it is now 100% accurate... and don't forget to thank Seibei4211 after you get your 100% on Rain :))

Edited by dmm121182

You can only start collecting these once you've beaten the game.

Great, wish I would've known this a bit earlier. I was searching the levels and got killed quite a bit because of it which got annoying quickly. Now I decided I'll at least look up what the collectibles look like so I know what to look for, so thanks for that comment, I can simply enjoy the game now.

First of all, a massive thank you to Seibei4211 for not only taking the time to actually search for all 24 Memories, but more importantly for taking the time to type up such an incredibly detailed and accurate guide on how to find them all.

Anyway, after using your "Memory Locations" guide by quickly jumping to each Checkpoint within each Chapter from the Main Menu and then immediately selecting "Back to Title Screen" from the Pause Menu after collecting each one (since they do automatically save), I was able to get all 24 Memories in just a little over an hour. So clearly the Checkpoint information is extremely valuable in saving a lot of time, especially for those of us like myself who already took our time on our first playthrough to actually enjoy the game (4+ hours) , and just wanna get the 24 Memories as quickly as possible on our second playthrough for the story-related info they provide (and of course for the 100% Trophies).

During the process of using your guide this way, I was also able to personally confirm the exact Checkpoints for each Memory. Only 4/24 you listed were incorrect, which I have properly edited below. I also fixed the only typo I could find (changing "#23" to #22 in the "Awaiting the Dawn" description), and edited the info provided for the last Memory "Daybreak", since you don't actually have to open both doors to aquire it. I also took the liberty of making some formatting revisions so that the guide is easier to read, and I also removed the color red, since it hurts the eyes to read.

I only did this as a thank you to Seibei4211 (who already did 99% of the work) and of course to help the community. As soon as Seibei4211 either incorporates or copy+pastes the edits into his/her original "Memory Locations" guide, I will edit my post so that only Seibei4211's guide remains on this page for future use. Whether or not he/she chooses to also use my formatting revisions is entirely inconsequential, although of course it is recommended. After that's done, in all honesty this is pretty much all you need for a complete "Trophy Guide & Roadmap" anyway (until of course one is created).

Updated first post. Thanks for confirming the checkpoint information. I've been preoccupied with schoolwork, so I didn't particularly want to go back through and check every checkpoint again. I also like your formatting changes. It's definitely a bit more presentable now. I did originally intend to try and use this to make a roadmap, but after reading all the formatting requirements and rules and such for making one, it was a little overwhelming and I couldn't devote that kind of time to do it right currently.

Edited by Seibei4211

A few more updates that might help

Chapter 1

Checkpoint 1 or 2 (backtrack to fountain area)

01: Daybreak

In the area with the fountain, there's a left path and a right path. Take the left path to a dead end.

Chapter 2

Checkpoint 2: backtrack past hole in fence!

04: The Big Wide World

Backtrack all the way back before moving forward, before going forward near the crates to climb!

Chapter 6:

Checkpoint 3 and get 16, 17 and 18

16: Into the Night,

Before passing up the enternce to the circus tent, Go behind the fence Instead all the way to the right!

Chapter 8:

Checkpoint 5

24: Daybreak

At the end of the chapter, before you open the 1st door go through the door and back in, stay to the left…

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...