Co-Op Partners Thread (Read First Post!)

professorstotch

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/news/boosting2.png

Co-op Boosting Thread

What your post should at least include (but not limited to):

1. Your PSN ID
  2. Online trophies you're wanting to boost
  3. Your time zone

Please keep all discussions and planning in the coop boosting thread. Please do not create another thread if you're looking for a partner.

Thought I'd create this thread to help people request co-op partners. You can use the template below for requests.

PSN ID:

Time Zone:

Room Name:

Room Password:

Chapter Restrictions:

Edited by ShadowAFC

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about this whole co-op thing.

On day 1, it was great, but now.... I have not entered a co-op game that was not plaqued by lag. Ranging from a little annoying, to downright unplayable.

If that wasn't bad enough, the difficulty ramps way up on co op. No matter if it's 2 players or 4.

I don't get this. You don't get anything special by completing missions in co-op, the loot is the same, rewards are the same...

There is really no reason to play co op with eceptions to getting trophies. It sure doesn't make the game any easier, and with the shit servers, it sure doesn't make the game any more fun.

I think I'll be going it alone on this game, until the servers can handle the people playing.

I don't know about this whole co-op thing.

On day 1, it was great, but now.... I have not entered a co-op game that was not plaqued by lag. Ranging from a little annoying, to downright unplayable.

If that wasn't bad enough, the difficulty ramps way up on co op. No matter if it's 2 players or 4.

I don't get this. You don't get anything special by completing missions in co-op, the loot is the same, rewards are the same...

There is really no reason to play co op with eceptions to getting trophies. It sure doesn't make the game any easier, and with the shit servers, it sure doesn't make the game any more fun.

I think I'll be going it alone on this game, until the servers can handle the people playing.

I can understand the fact that the multi player may be lacking a motive for play value. Although it is rather enjoyable to play with people online. Guess it depends on the gamer though. :think: However, I'm not so sure that it's the servers fault for lag but I have had some disconnect problems. As far as lagging goes, I found that it was because either someone in the party had a crappy connection or I was in an area with a crappy connection. I normally play on my campus and my girlfriends house and I only get lag maybe every 8 missions. Its not game breaking though.

I can understand the fact that the multi player may be lacking a motive for play value. Although it is rather enjoyable to play with people online. Guess it depends on the gamer though. :think: However, I'm not so sure that it's the servers fault for lag but I have had some disconnect problems. As far as lagging goes, I found that it was because either someone in the party had a crappy connection or I was in an area with a crappy connection. I normally play on my campus and my girlfriends house and I only get lag maybe every 8 missions. Its not game breaking though.

WHile I don't rule out the fact that it can just be someone's (or even my own) less than great connection, the people I have been playing with in co-op all register on the game as having 4 bars or stronger.

I have also played with randoms, with less bars, and nothing changes.

It could just be my connection, but speed tests say otherwise.:(

Either way, whatever the cause may be, it still makes playing this game online with people quite frustrating.. I have already been through the ringer with 5-9 Grendel. Fight him for a solid 15 minutes, all the while trying to survive the horrible lag, and sudden instant death.

No fun.

Edited by Blood_Runs_Cold

WHile I don't rule out the fact that it can just be someone's (or even my own) less than great connection, the people I have been playing with in co-op all register on the game as having 4 bars or stronger.

I have also played with randoms, with less bars, and nothing changes.

It could just be my connection, but speed tests say otherwise.:(

Either way, whatever the cause may be, it still makes playing this game online with people quite frustrating.. I have already been through the ringer with 5-9 Grendel. Fight him for a solid 15 minutes, all the while trying to survive the horrible lag, and sudden instant death.

No fun.

Just out of curiosity, are you guys playing the US or Asian version?

I have the Asian version but I live in Germany and I play with Asians (Koreans, Singaporeans, Indonesians, HKs) all the time with close to no lag at all.

All the bars are red (1) and sometimes there is no bar at all. Still the game runs really fluent. It only lags when people are all zoning into the first area. No lag at all afterwards.

Just out of curiosity, are you guys playing the US or Asian version?

I have the Asian version but I live in Germany and I play with Asians (Koreans, Singaporeans, Indonesians, HKs) all the time with close to no lag at all.

All the bars are red (1) and sometimes there is no bar at all. Still the game runs really fluent. It only lags when people are all zoning into the first area. No lag at all afterwards.

Myself and friends I am playing with are all on the US version. Release day played like a dream. I played about 6 hours in co-op no ploblem, but now, sometimes, the lag is so bad, you can barely walk.

Myself and friends I am playing with are all on the US version. Release day played like a dream. I played about 6 hours in co-op no ploblem, but now, sometimes, the lag is so bad, you can barely walk.

It has been pretty good on my end. I once thought it was my connection when I saw some unbearable lag but everyone says my bars were good.

One thing for sure is all it takes is one person to really bog things down to a crawl. So if you enter the game with friends via party and say another person or random joins that is say one or no-bars, everyone might suffer. But overall it has been consistent.

Hadn't done the Adhoc party route yet though.

It has been pretty good on my end. I once thought it was my connection when I saw some unbearable lag but everyone says my bars were good.

One thing for sure is all it takes is one person to really bog things down to a crawl. So if you enter the game with friends via party and say another person or random joins that is say one or no-bars, everyone might suffer. But overall it has been consistent.

Hadn't done the Adhoc party route yet though.

I'm glad to hear that some of you have been able to play without this being an issue. It really adds an extra layer of frustration in the higher up quests when you need quick thinking and moving to survive, and you are constantly being bogged down.

Of course this is all war talk in the trenches. I'll try a few different things, and play with different people to see if I can get to the bottom of all this. I am very hopeful that it doesn't have anything to do with servers, because if it is, there is nothing to be done.

i'm up for some co-op, trying to get the chap 9 missions done as a solo cleric is a pain ~.~

@Blood_Runs_Cold: ive had no real problems with lag overal, but some people ive played with were obviously playing off totally rubbish connections and lagged the game to un-playability

Edited by Zallera

• 2 weeks later...

I found the online for this game very unstable and I always drop connection mid-quest. I don't think my connection is shoddy because I can do plenty of other stuff no problem. I just want my 100 online trophies then I'm done with online.

Anyone want to do this adhoc with me? Just looking to grind Orc King or whatever easy boss 100 times. Would prefer if you got damaged a lot so I could heal too.

Only lag issues I've had have been caused by an individual with a poor connection joining. It usually resolves itself by that person dropping. Otherwise online is pretty smooth for me. I live in the US btw.

I'm up for any online play, even the evil chapter 9 kill 100 giants over and over again quests.

I know how hard it is being a cleric, they are a fun class. I had a support cleric I was running but support gets less and less ideal the later you get in the game.

Still a fun class though.

I'm really looking for farming the boss's in chapter 9 and people to run extra quests with.

I only need to play online 38 more times to get the last trophy before the Platinum. Pretty hard for me though since I more often than not get that annoying "Application Error" and "Failed to Connect" message. Sometimes, it's the other way around and the other player's connection drops and he/she leaves, forcing me to abort the mission and try again.

• 3 weeks later...

U guys shud add me as well. So far im in chapter 7-8 nd im in need of serious help with the rest of the missions including all of the extra quests. Im also playing 4 farming 4 the cards, so anybody wit any luck based weapons or cards wud b awesome. If not, then jus 4 helping me beat the story then ill worry bout the cards.

My psn is MXAce25. Im always playing this game from 12am-4am EST. I live in New York.