Obsessive Compulsive - 126/130 Have I glitched?

CyberGenesys

Garghhh!!

I played the game on Ultra Nightmare, made a save just before Authority Bridge mission. During Ultra Nightmare I skipped the optional races, job boards etc. I then did the last mission, competed it got the difficulty trophies.

I then loaded up my pre-Authority Bridge save, switched it to easy and did all the job boards, races, jumps, Scorchers DLC and so on ie everything optional. With my stat at 126/130 (and difficulty on easy) I completed Authority Bridge and entered Capital Prime, picked up the last card and 2 jumps on the way. So at the final button press I am 129/130. I press the button... the closing cinematic is played and I'm back at Subway Town's garage in free play mode. No trophy and my stat is still at 129/130

- 19/19 recipes, yes: trophy popped

- 27/27 races, yes: trophy popped

- 54/54 card, yes: trophy popped

- 9/9 jobs

- 18/18 jumps, yes: trophy popped

Since all other glitches are to do with the OC stat not incrementing (like the recipes if you get an advance schematic before the standard) I would have thought my stat of 126/130 meant everything was all good.

What have I missed?

When this or any other Rage trophy glitches, all you can do is follow the advice listed in the Road Map of the stickied Guide but if that doesn't work then you're looking at having to do it all over again :(. It sounds like something has glitched and has thus not registered as being collected.

Should I be able to enter Capital Prime and redo the last mission? Because I can, shouldn't it be blocked off?

Is 129/130 is the correct stat just prior to the final button and it should be incremented to 130/130 during the final cinematic? This would mean (assuming the stat is accurate) that only the last mission is not being registered?

If you've done and found absolutely everything and it still won't pop, then redoing the final mission on your existing save won't make the trophy appear. The 1.02 patch changed a lot of things and added a free roam mode of sorts but you can't redo the final mission outside of Mission Select. 129/130 is the correct stat but it could also mean that an earlier item has glitched and been counted twice instead of once. This is the really frustrating thing about this trophy as there's no easy way to see exactly which collectibles you've found and which jobs you've actually completed :(.

Other than trying to play without the patch installed (which would probably corrupt your save since you have all the DLCs installed) or starting a new game from scratch, I can't think of any other solutions to your problem. Seriously, this game is so buggy it's not funny :(.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

you can't redo the final mission outside of Mission Select.

Whilst in free roam after completing the last mission I can just drive upto the access hatch enter the code and redo it all again.

Looks like I'l be doing yet another (will be my 4th) playthrough, fortunately it will only be on easy so take no time at all. I might try going back to my Ultra Nightmare save just before Authority Bridge and complete the side tasks, see what that does.

It might not be a patch that did it, it might just be that it is not fully recognising I have completed the level. Either way its stupidly buggy.

Thanks for your help anyway :)

If the description for Minigamer is correct then it may have been that I did not cash out after the first round of 5 Finger Fillet. I kept playing for the 'Just a Flesh Wound' trophy but was failing each time. So it wouldn't have counted it as a 'win'. Still odd that my stat was 126/130.

I did not get the Minigamer until my second playthrough.

Turns out the trophy guide is incorrect :mad:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/rage/233463-guide-wrong-obsessive-compulsive.html#post4437747

If the description for Minigamer is correct then it may have been that I did not cash out after the first round of 5 Finger Fillet. I kept playing for the 'Just a Flesh Wound' trophy but was failing each time. So it wouldn't have counted it as a 'win'. Still odd that my stat was 126/130.

I did not get the Minigamer until my second playthrough.

Update: I am sure this is the reason I missed the trophy the first time. After completing the Just a Flesh Wound trophy I loaded up an old save (the pre-authority bridge one) that had 126/130. Now it is 127/130 (the correct number). This makes sense as the minigamer trophy carries across saves. Subsequently picking up the last card and 2 jumps made it 130/130.

Edited by PainOfDemise
Please use the edit/multi quote button instead of multi-posting.

Oh, so it was right for the thousands of other people who used it but wrong for you? So that must mean the guide is wrong, and you aren't.

Doesn't seem to be the case, something more than likely just glitched on you as the game is glitchy as it has been said a lot. Unless there is a recent patch I don't know about.

I do apologise for the title, it was aimed to draw peoples attention. Also (as PainOfDemise has informed me) a new thread was the incorrect way for me to report the issue.

It did occur to me that it was possible the OC stat had glitched in a positive way for me. Consequently I have just tested on a different account; it is indeed a glitch. Capital Prime does add 1 to the OC stat and take it from 129 to 130. I guess this just gets added to the long list of ways this trophy can be glitched.

Furthermore, even though I reached 130/130 prior to the Capital Prime mission, completing the mission did not add 1 (ie 131/130). I might see if I can get 130/130 but miss one of the jumps.

I apologise for the other thread, I should have tested more thoroughly before posting. I will contact a mod to have it removed, or at the very least renamed.

For reference: Rage v1.02 (UK, disc)