Hat Trick not popping - Ultra Nightmare playthrough

Deathmagnet

Ok, so I've already gone through the steps of deleting all my game data and reinstalling it, then quitting back out and reinstalling the patch. I have ALL 3 DLCs (which I also deleted and reinstalled before the patch). This trophy will NOT pop for me. I already tried a few days ago in Mutant Bash TV, with no luck. I'm at the part in the subway station right before you fight the giant mutant (with the flame thrower) and several groups of 3-4 mutants come at you. I've blown up several groups of 3 AND 4 and this trophy absolutely refuses to come up. I've noticed most of the time I can't even move the guy I take control of - he just blows up (even if he's behind the other mutants). I'm going to try again on Assault the Authority Bridge since the Wiki says this is a good place to do it on unsuspecting and non-alert enemies.

If anyone has any insight as to a possible fix for this, please send me a PSN message (PSN ID: Deathmagnet) about it. Like I said, I already tried the delete/reinstall/patch method. It won't allow me to load my saves (even the copy I made of the same save on Easy difficulty) due to the DLC being part of my game saves.

Last thing I want to do is have to replay this entire thing with the DLC removed on easy mode just to get 1 stupid trophy that should pop automatically the first time you do it.

That's what I'm afraid of. If it doesn't pop for me after a few tries on Assault the Authority Bridge, I'm going to use the scenario selector and try the Authority Prison suggestion as well. I'll do a new game on easy minus all DLC and patch and offline if nothing else works.

Ok, I *FINALLY* got it! What I did was delete the entire game data (and additional content folder). I reinstalled the disc data after declining the patch, then got to the menu, then quit out. THEN, I reinstalled the patch. AFTER that, I went to the PS Store and redownloaded ALL 3 DLCs and installed them, Scorchers being the LAST one.

I attempted this at the entrance to Assault the Authority Bridge (on Ultra Nightmare). The first 3 mutants didn't work, but when you plant the explosives, 3 jump down, and 5 more follow as soon as the gate blows up. I just kept backing up and waiting for them all to pile up. Took out 6 with one arrow. Trophy popped 5 seconds later. :)

Now, I had tried this BEFORE I did the reinstall in this method and it did NOT work. So obviously when I downloaded all the DLC before installing the disc data corrupted something. The order suggested in the guide did not work for me either (patch last - I installed disc data/DLC/patch first time around).

Just a thought for anyone who is still having trouble with glitched trophies.

• 3 weeks later...

Trophy doesn't pop for me too. Already did all the stuff with deleting and reinstalling the data, but it didn't help. Tried it on several different levels, but still no trophy.

you think it's the autohority bridge mission that makes the point?

• 2 weeks later...

This trophy simply won't pop for me either. I followed the instructions here and in the trophy guide to no avail. I'm going to try it again without installing the patch at all now. This is driving me crazy!

EDIT: It finally worked! The key for me was to delete it all and skip the step where the patch was reinstalled. Yay!

Edited by BonnieFlaps

• 1 year later...

I wonder how many people got lucky and got the trophy without having to do all that work. It seems like I might not be getting the trophy to pop as well. I am trying for it in a save right at Mutant Bash TV. I will attempt it a few more times carefully and if not I guess I will have to go through all the trouble you guys had to.

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder how many people got lucky and got the trophy without having to do all that work. It seems like I might not be getting the trophy to pop as well. I am trying for it in a save right at Mutant Bash TV. I will attempt it a few more times carefully and if not I guess I will have to go through all the trouble you guys had to.

Don't know if you've got this yet, but try this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joDgSgVXMCA

• 8 months later...

So apparently I got the glitch as well. Which is a real pain in the ass considering what I went through to get this far. I doubt anyone is going to see this comment for a while but I'll ask anyway.

Assuming I do the workaround, and it works, what about my Ultra Nightmare trophy? Will I still get it (since I'll be deleting the DLC which means no more Ultra Nightmare) or do I have to wait until I've finished the game to get it?

I'll be looking around for answers myself but hopefully somebody answers this eventually.

Edited by Nave

Finish the game first else you won't get the trophy, specifically because the patch and the DLC are part of your saves so won't load without them installed and you may corrupt them in the process.

*Sigh* That's what I figured. I managed to get Hat Trick in the prison no problem. Now my issue is the Jetpacker trophy. Is it just me or are they impossible to kill on Ultra Nightmare? I shoot them right in the face as they're coming down and they shrug it off like its nothing. :confused:

They're not impossible, just annoying due having more health and dealing extra damage so pick them off from a distance with an upgraded Sniper Rifle :).

I think I tried the sniper rifle already but ill give it another go. Do you know if its possible to load a save and change the difficulty to get a trophy then reload an older save? Or can I have another save file going? I really want my difficulty trophies to be my last ones before the plat but I cant get the damn trophy and I don't know what to do. :(

I think I tried the sniper rifle already but ill give it another go. Do you know if its possible to load a save and change the difficulty to get a trophy then reload an older save? Or can I have another save file going? I really want my difficulty trophies to be my last ones before the plat but I cant get the damn trophy and I don't know what to do. :(

Doing that will completely void the difficulty trophies, I tried it once before and the trophy didn't pop :(.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I know I'm late to the party but I got the same problem, did the requirements at least 10 times and nothing popping.

But in the end I still got the trophy without deleting or reinstalling any datas.

What I did was just crafting as many mind control darts as I could, put the crossbow on shortcut and tried the trophy at every opportunity I had during the game.

But I think I identified why the trophy isn't popping. We all choose mutants to try it because during the whole game you hardly have 4 ennemies gathering up except mutants, problem with them is they blow up by themselves almost immediatly.

I think the problem comes from it, if the mutant pops up by itself, the trophy doesn't register. There is a very short window of time between you start controlling the mutant and him blowing up, and I think getting to detonate it yourself unlocks the trophy. So I suggest you just spam :cross: as soon as you take control to try and blow it up manually.

• 5 months later...