XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 10-07-2011, 06:30 AM   #1
cooterbud2007

Default ps3 version no game sound through headset

ok so i have the turtle beach px5 headset and went to co op with a friend,when i realized i cant hear the game at all through them,i tried everything i could think of options wise on both the game and system,anyone else having this issue? doesnt the game support it? PSN Gamercards
cooterbud2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:38 AM   #2
HellRaiser85

Awards Showcase Gold Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Mine works fine i have Turtle Beach PX21. Dose it work in SP?
Old 10-07-2011, 07:51 AM   #3
cooterbud2007

well iknow it runs in dolby digital 7.1,and hooks up optically,the px21s hook up usb right?maybe thats the issue
Old 10-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #4
HellRaiser85

Awards Showcase Gold Submission

Yeah by USB
Old 10-07-2011, 08:16 AM   #5
Metdevil

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Bronzer Than Nothing   Bright Idea!   Maximum Clubs Top 5   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   First PS4 Game Nights   5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)

Make sure in the options on the XMB you've set the audio output to "active device" or whatever it is.

. . . .
Metdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #6
Fixlarz

turtlebeach.com/products/ps3-gaming-headsets/ear-force-px5.aspx
Click the "How does it work?" text and you can see a picture for everything you need. If it doesn't work, make sure your PS3's settings send the audio via the optical output, should work. Not sure though, I have only owned the PX21's and they broke after 2 months of extremely careful use They had good sound though

My timezone is GMT+2, I live in Finland and speak finnish and english fluently. I generally play during the day and in the evening.
Fixlarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:04 AM   #7
cooterbud2007

i have had this headset for a few months now,it works fine on every other game,cod,dead island,every other game i play and movies,it just doesnt work on this game
Old 10-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
UndergroundHipHopHead

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts

your headset should work. just get the new sony one. i did. it's great. why did you put the title as ps3 version? we are on a ps3 website. i swear i think xbots are on here sometimes.

BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED
https://www.facebook.com/CYPHERPS4
UndergroundHipHopHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #9
GoombaSquisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooterbud2007 View Post
well iknow it runs in dolby digital 7.1,and hooks up optically,the px21s hook up usb right?maybe thats the issue
Nah, the USB is for voicechat and to power the amplifier. The PX21's piggyback off the analog cables that go into the TV/Receiver, so even if you unplug the USB, you'll still get game sound.

As for your PX5's, similar situation. All your game sound is going through the optical cable. Voicechat is handled via Bluetooth.

The only thing I can suggest is to make sure your "Audio Output Settings" are on "Optical" (I'm assuming you hooked it up with the optical cable - otherwise wtf is the point of buying a PX5) and have only "Dolby Digital 5.1" selected (There should be 2 "Linear PCM 2 Channel" pre-selected by the system[which you cannot de-select]).

Other than that, just check your knobs and connections.

I'm using an Astro Mixamp which uses an optical cable for game audio (like the PX5) and my coop sound was just fine.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #10
Portlandridah

Awards Showcase THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   THL Season 1 Champions - Rogue Warriors   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

i imagine its cause you have your Audio setting set to accept DTS where as the Turtle BEachs headsets do not accept DTS signals only Dobly Digital turn this off in your PS3 Accessories Settings & you should b fine, this happened to me w/ Infamous 2

Plays Under A New PSN TheGamerULuv2H8 & Now Games 4 Fun; Retired Trophies In August 2010 As No.1 In Canada 8)
I Will Add Any1 And Willing To Play Anything, But Blank Friend Requests Are Denied 8/
Portlandridah is offline   Reply With Quote