ps3 version no game sound through headset

cooterbud2007

turtlebeach.com/products/ps3-gaming-headsets/ear-force-px5.aspx

Click the "How does it work?" text and you can see a picture for everything you need. :) If it doesn't work, make sure your PS3's settings send the audio via the optical output, should work. Not sure though, I have only owned the PX21's and they broke after 2 months of extremely careful use :mad: They had good sound though

well iknow it runs in dolby digital 7.1,and hooks up optically,the px21s hook up usb right?maybe thats the issue

Nah, the USB is for voicechat and to power the amplifier. The PX21's piggyback off the analog cables that go into the TV/Receiver, so even if you unplug the USB, you'll still get game sound.

As for your PX5's, similar situation. All your game sound is going through the optical cable. Voicechat is handled via Bluetooth.

The only thing I can suggest is to make sure your "Audio Output Settings" are on "Optical" (I'm assuming you hooked it up with the optical cable - otherwise wtf is the point of buying a PX5) and have only "Dolby Digital 5.1" selected (There should be 2 "Linear PCM 2 Channel" pre-selected by the system[which you cannot de-select]).

Other than that, just check your knobs and connections.

I'm using an Astro Mixamp which uses an optical cable for game audio (like the PX5) and my coop sound was just fine.

I'm having a problem with my headset too. Triton AV720. Sound and mic plays fine in XMB and during mic test. Also plays fine for all other games. As soon as I start Rage, no sound out of headset and no mic. Have tried Audio output to multi and to just digital out.

Think it's just a fault in the game programming.

You could try going into your audio device settings where it asks what audio formats to support, try to unchecking all the surround options, or if that doesn't do it then try just leaving the surround options on and turn off everything else.

I've had no audio output before when my audio was set to 5.1 but hooked up to a 2ch setup. I seem to come across it in japanese games, FF13 and Bayonetta come to mind.

i imagine its cause you have your Audio setting set to accept DTS where as the Turtle BEachs headsets do not accept DTS signals only Dobly Digital turn this off in your PS3 Accessories Settings & you should b fine, this happened to me w/ Infamous 2

ok sorry about the ps3 version title lol,brain fart i guess,switching everything off except dolby digital 5.1 worked,thank you very much i appreciate the help

Yeah, my friend did the same thing; he had DTS selected.

Just a little more information: the PS3 automatically chooses the best audio signal (from the ones you enable) to output. Some games come with a Dolby Digital and DTS signal. DTS (according to the PS3) is better than Dolby Digital, so it tries to output that instead of DD.

Though, I don't see a DTS logo anywhere on the RAGE box, so it's kinda weird it wasn't outputting in Dolby Digital...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
No need to turn off Dolby Digital. Turn Off DTS and you'll be fine with Px5

I just want to confirm that this works.

The reason why is because neither the PX5 base unit or the EarForce DSS module with the lower models (i.e., DPX21) are equipped with a DTS decoder. By default if you have DTS enabled, DTS is what is streamed with Rage.

Note that DSS actually means "Dolby Surround Sound."

• 3 weeks later...

Started playing Rage last night. Not using headphones but I had similar sound issues. Nothing from Panasonic HC system but sound from TV if HC turned off. Fiddled with PS3 settings a bit but no joy. Not a major issue but would be nice to hear it in 5.1. Thought I had DTS deselected. Will check and try some of the suggestions from others tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same issue here with Astro A40's Wired mix amp. I also had this issue with inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood. Turning of DTS 5.1 worked for both these games. Blueray movies do the same thing ;)

There is a fairly simple explanation for this. Mix Amp can NOT decode DTS. I'm not sure any surround headset amp does actually. So Turn DTS off if you are using a headset.