Rage isn't just the name of the game.

LionSquid

It is also what I'm feeling while playing these piece of crap minigame. Took me five hours to get the Tombstone and 5 finger filet trophies.

I did manage to get a ton of cash during my first hour of tombstone, by betting max and saving if I won on the second turn.

My winning strategy that got me the trophy in 30-45 minutes was simply betting 5 dollars and pressing (x) over and over... and over. I don't know if my luck was just bad or what but it was not very fun.

But oh boy 5 finger filet. Oh boy. I invented some new ways to string together sentence enhancers. I could do the first 3 levels of it in my sleep and the fourth one 95% of the time, they all followed a set pattern and after playing each of them countless times I had no problems with them.

The last one seemed to be different each time I played it. Horrible horrible horrible. Pure reflex, fuck twitch gaming.

I hate minigames so god damn much.

This is why they let you do a manual save anytime you want ;).

Yeah, I did a lot of manual saving during tombstone, but even after I stopped caring and just spammed x I made a profit. When it came to 5 finger filet I only reloaded my save after losing 200 dollars.

I actually had some fun with them. Don't like them, don't play them. It's really that easy. "But I want the platinum!" I know you're going to say. Then buy another game if you want an easy plat... :whistle:

Dude, it was fun for about 30 minutes, I was playing five finger filet for nearly 3 hours straight. If you can't complain about something on the internet, then where can you complain about it at?

im playing the holo thingy game for about an hour now and i didnt had 1 10x bonus yet................................

I actually managed to roll four targets several times while playing... just never on the first turn. I was so happy when I finally got it.

Edited by LionSquid

Hannah montana will be easy trophies for ya...Go for it. Get 4 dice throw them in a cup and tell me how many times it takes for them all to be the same...Quit crying about hard trophies, this is why every game that comes out now has a cheesy trophy list.. A challenge wont hurt every once in a while.

Hannah montana will be easy trophies for ya...Go for it. Get 4 dice throw them in a cup and tell me how many times it takes for them all to be the same...Quit crying about hard trophies, this is why every game that comes out now has a cheesy trophy list.. A challenge wont hurt every once in a while.

I bet you got a hannah Montana platinum dont you? This trophy is more annoying then hard, took me bout 40mins to get it, hard part isn't getting all 4 just getting them on the first round.

Honestly, if you think the 5-finger Filet mini-game in this game is hard, never try the version in Red Dead Redemption. After that nightmare of button sequences, I found the one in Rage tricky but eventually doable with some practice. The one in Rage is at least kind enough to provide you with a rather-wide white highlight and a laser sight on the knife to help you keep your bearings. It just takes practice and patience.

After spending about an hour trying to get the Jackpot trophy, I just randomly walked by and played the game while forgetting to max out my bid. I ended up getting the trophy on my first attempt, and I was only trying to get some cash to finish purchasing the rest of the upgrades at the nearby shop. That has to be one of the most lucrative gambling mini-games I've ever seen in a game, as you have a pretty high chance of winning big or at least walking away Even every game.

Edited by broodwars

Trying to get the turret trophy now, mutants don't seem to do the trick, they knock it down in seconds. Need to find a good place full of humans I guess.

Honestly, if you think the 5-finger Filet mini-game in this game is hard, never try the version in Red Dead Redemption. After that nightmare of button sequences, I found the one in Rage tricky but eventually doable with some practice. The one in Rage is at least kind enough to provide you with a rather-wide white highlight and a laser sight on the knife to help you keep your bearings. It just takes practice and patience.

Ha, that is actually the reason I've pretty much given up on RDR. Also the poker, but that is more I hate the game poker rather than lacking skill.

How uncouth.

I think you are missing his point... This trophy is NOT challenging/hard, but purely luck based. It takes no skill at all to just hit the button over and over and over and over, just a ton of patience. The 5 finger filet trophy on the other hand could be considered challenging.

Edited by falconkeeper99

At least with the Jackpot trophy, I think the more you play, the crappier your odds get. I happened to get it on my very first try, and had no clue it was a hard trophy for some. :) I played it twice, for a handful of rounds. After those 5-10 rounds I started getting nothing but skulls so this is what I base my opinion upon. Played it a couple times more to get some money and I seemed to get the same result, the more you play it, the less likely you will win (at least in a row).

Haven't played the game enough to find the 5 finger fillet, can't comment on that.

Took me a while for this one too, but not 5 hours, lol. Took me about an hour, but I wasn't even aware there was a trophy for this, I just needed some money for ammo before I headed out to do some missions. :)

I ended up going on a little streak of Jackpot's though once I did get it, haha. Got back to back Jackpots, and then about 2 more later on. The RAGE Frenzy card game trophy is a lot less tedious than this trophy though, so no worries. Also quicker and more consistent money if you play it on Hard difficulty (the card game's difficulty, that is. 225$ I think, at least in Subway town.)