How do you kill superheavy Tanks?

Talic007

Well, my preferred method of choice is to use AT Guns set up in an Ambush in a forest, but a couple of fighter bombers would work as well.... Or a Nuke.... lol.... Anyways, Bombers themselves don't work that well as you need quite a few to keep the damage down because they aren't very accurate or effective against moving vehicles.

Actually does it depend on the map you are playing, the faction/units you have access to, also if it's the campaign or a operation or just a game against a random person.

The easiest way would be some hidden anti tank guns followed by a few fighter bombers (optimized would be great as well) - but even hidden soldiers do work on this matter or the classical "Zerg" tactic by throwing a way too much quantity of light or medium tanks against the heavy ones.

If you have the problem within the campaign or an operation will there be an easy solution, you just need to say which one - if this question is just general: see my middle text or what the Eagle wrote. ;-)

If you have the problem within the campaign or an operation will there be an easy solution, you just need to say which one - if this question is just general: see my middle text or what the Eagle wrote. ;-)

I should play with you sometime... You seem to know your stuff and I need some co-op partners...

The hard counter to tanks is fighter bombers or anti-tank tanks. Concealed AT guns won't work as most players use recon (although you can snipe recon with your fighter bombers).

Certainly don't waste your time trying to artillery or bomb any armoured unit. Artillery and bombers are for soft targets and buildings only.

I always play as British and I killed an army of heavy tanks easily with my $25 heavy tanks and $30 advanced tank destroyers with a few $30 armoured recon. Its a good strategy just make a quarter of your population heavy tanks to take the damage 3 Armoured Recon and the rest advanced tank destroyers.

This leaves me open to air attacks but a quick anti air base and some $15 AA should do the trick.

...This leaves me open to air attacks but a quick anti air base and some $15 AA should do the trick.

You're better off with a load of fighters - especially as the UK.

But yeah - if you're facing massed heavy tanks, mass your own heavy tanks, mix in advanced tank destroyers and bring along some fighter bombers to tip the scales further.

In the end it will boil down to who has the most money and who is closest to their base for reinforcements though.

I think you mean fighter bombers as fighters have no chance against super heavy tanks. Just because I play as UK doesn't mean I should make the Royal Airforce. Most countries have advanced fighter bombers that cost $50 to research, just because the UK airfield is cheaper than others doesn't mean they should go all out air.

Not being sarcastic but read the loading screen tips, some quote Generals of past wars and one says "If you know yourself, your surroundings and your enemy then your victory is in no doubt" something like that anyway.

This basically means when facing heavy tanks, if there is a forest lay anti tanks in them with recon. If he has no AA guns then attack with fighter bombers. Finally know your own units, use recon to make use of your tanks range.

One thing if your using tank destroyers, they are faster than super heavy tanks and most can turn their turret. Use radio silence in regions beside the region where the enemy tanks are passing through and come in behind them rather than head to head, super heavy tanks take forever to turn their turrets so you can take out half them before they can turn.

I think you mean fighter bombers as fighters have no chance against super heavy tanks. Just because I play as UK doesn't mean I should make the Royal Airforce.

No - I meant what I wrote. Read the bit I quoted, which I was replying to.

The hard counter to air is air - ground AA is a deterent, but easily dispatched and not easily replaced if you're away from your base.

I already said what I suggest to cope with heavy tanks, in the same post. Did you just read the first line I wrote?

Yea I did read your whole post, you stated I should go air especially with UK and then said - but yeah, when facing massed tanks. So I assumed when you said I should go air especially as UK, that meant I should just spam air units to counter everything and not train anything else but air.

Yes I do know you stated how to counter heavy tanks, I just merely added more of my own knowledge to the original authors thread to provide more help on how to counter them. Not intentionally directed to you.