Mission #22

Jjos

Okay, I feel some kind of weird right now. In mission #22 is the first primary target to capture the enemy HQ before he reaches supplies worth of 2000$. The mission shows a counter for it and each time a supply truck reaches his base does the counter goes up by 3.

I decided for the tactic to cut off his supplies that I had enough time for this mission - if he doesn't reach this mark am I not able to loose . . . at least have I thought this. I had him cut off from any supplies and the counter were somewhere around 1500$ and I was gathering my troops for an attack when suddenly the message appeared that I lost: You Failed! "Capture the enemy HQ before supply 2000 (1581)"

I mean.. what? The counter said 1581$ so why have I lost this primary target and the whole mission?

Has anybody realized or noticed something strange about this mission/target as well? I mean, 1581 is way under 2000.. Any ideas on this? My mission counter is at 31 minutes 17 seconds so I doubt that you atomatically loose after 30 minutes. But if this isn't the case, what happened?

I still haven't gotten past that mission. I have a plan I'm just not able to execute it fast enough. I haven't had a problem where they were close but not quite at 2000 though. However on the mission where you have 15 minutes to capture the HQ before the Russians do. They bombed the entire area and captured it a full 66 seconds before I did. The game does have bugs, there's no denying that.

This is the one where you have two bases. One to the west of the center and one to the south. My strategy was a bit as follows.

Build a recon vehicle and 2 troops on the south base to interrupt the resource flow coming from the south-west sector. Take the nearest resource base and hide the troops in the woods to blast any tanks coming.

Defend the west base with a bunker and some light tanks from troop attacks from the north west-sector.

Right at the start of the game research paratroopers, drop about 7 of them in the north-west in the forest just above the barracks. It should be easy to capture it and build a few more troops there to overrun the nearby base and anti-tank base.

Also drop about 3 paras to the north-east near the airfields. Capture them and the base so the air threat is gone.

Now sweep down with anti-tank troops from the north-west base to the south to intercept the rocket launchers before they pound your base east of the center.

You should be able to wipe out the south west sector easily destroying the tank threat to the south base.

Now you basically own the map and can start flushing the center with tanks until it crumbles. Should be easily done before it reaches 2000.

The mission with the 15 minutes to be faster then the russians is pretty normal, that they capture it before the time expanded - cause the russian troops are faster due to your fastness things as well. So if you speed them up by accident are they earlier at the base of course. If they never get speed from your side will they capture the HQ at exactly 0 seconds left.

And my tactic for #22 was something in this direction - I just took my time for the single bases and haven't attacked all together. I captured the southwest supply route and also the one in the east (at the abadonned base) and blocked all his transport from the northeast and northwest with troops while I captured the northwest base as well but lost it again due to missing recoons.

The counter were standing at exact 1500 a long time til he were able to get rid of one of my blockades and the counter went up to 1581 before I was able to get the blockade working again. Then did it stick at 1581 for one or two minutes before I got the message that I loosed cause he reached 2000.

Sure, I need to refine my tactic a little bit without doubt - but expect the time needed for my tactic was everything nearly perfect and I absolutely don't understand why I lost with the counter at 1581/2000 . . .

And no, I haven't destroyed the HQ by accident - I wasn't even inside the base. I was just gathering the troops when it happened *sighs*

aren't there supply lines within their base aswel? which you can't really stop unless you storm the base.

Heres what I did - I chose the Germans and straight away upgraded to the super heavy tank things, King Tiger maybe? I cut off a few of their supply lines and built some myself while gathering an army of King Tigers. I had a few bomber jets as well just to stop any anti-tank guns. Basically as soon as I thought I had enough tanks I just stormed the base straight away and dropped some airborne infantry in and caught the base while my tanks were distracting every one

Quick method I suppose, but I didn't get any of the secondary objectives, I will get back to it eventually

Actually did I found my mistake.. Sure, they have a few supplies inside the base - but they are empty pretty fast and if you stop the supplies from around will the counter just stop.

My mistake was that I haven't cared too much about my starting bases (defending them just lightly and went to capture the secondary bases for production). I mean, why should I defend two small bases with just this little production buildings when I can capture whole bases with everything? Since the only primary target was to capture their HQ before the counter reaches 2000 was I fine with it - I had my captured bases so why should I care about the starting positions?

Well.. cause if you loose both HQs you started with is the mission over, no matter how many buildings or units you have left. I haven't realized that til a few tries later when I saw how they destroyed the second HQ and suddenly the loosing message appeared again . . .

This is the one where you have two bases. One to the west of the center and one to the south. My strategy was a bit as follows.

Build a recon vehicle and 2 troops on the south base to interrupt the resource flow coming from the south-west sector. Take the nearest resource base and hide the troops in the woods to blast any tanks coming.

Defend the west base with a bunker and some light tanks from troop attacks from the north west-sector.

Right at the start of the game research paratroopers, drop about 7 of them in the north-west in the forest just above the barracks. It should be easy to capture it and build a few more troops there to overrun the nearby base and anti-tank base.

Also drop about 3 paras to the north-east near the airfields. Capture them and the base so the air threat is gone.

Now sweep down with anti-tank troops from the north-west base to the south to intercept the rocket launchers before they pound your base east of the center.

You should be able to wipe out the south west sector easily destroying the tank threat to the south base.

Now you basically own the map and can start flushing the center with tanks until it crumbles. Should be easily done before it reaches 2000.

Thank you for this I used this strat on my hard play-through and worked liked a charm!!!:applause:

• 4 weeks later...

I came up with the exact same strategy as bakayoyo after alot of trial-&-error and restarting the whole afternoon

[spoiler=strategy] Main Objective - Take Enemy Main Base in center of map and prevent them from collecting 2000 supplies

Army Force: Very heavily fortified with Anti-Tank/Air and Superheavy Tanks

Strategy: This is like Siege mission. The main base is in the middle of the map and they rely on supplies coming from 4 corners of the map. You have to capture/ambush/takeout their supply line and also their surrounding bases that provide unit reinforcements to the main base or they send units to attack you. You have very limited supplies and unit/building capabilities in the beginning.

Secondary Objectives:

A. Capture the Abandoned Base Camp, East of the Map

Army Force: Hidden infrantry in the forest that will come out to re-capture the base after about 5 mins

Usefulness: Nil. Taking this base is useless, it only gives you access to some supply depots. After 10 minutes the main base will start sending their army to you and there are no forests in their path that you can lay ambushes. Save this objective for last before you win.

Strategy: Drop some paratrooper in the forest behind the HQ and hold your position until the enemy infrantry comes out. Eliminate them then you can proceed to capture the secondary HQ, but as I said this area is useless.

B. Capture the Infantry Base Camp, Northwest of Map

Army Force: Light Infrantry around the area and hidden anti-tank units in the forest

Usefulness: High priority and very valuable area with anti-air/artillery building and barracks. As well as secondary HQ, near to a bunch of supply depots to the Northwest

Strategy: Send a recon plane and Drop 5 paratroopers immediately when mission starts on the southern part of the forest in middle of the area. Your 5 paratroopers will immediately take out the anti-tank guns and their infrantry will start moving towards you, but don't worry because you dropped right into the forest so you can ambush them. There are no anti-AA units here.

Immediately take the barracks on the right and train troops (heavy trooper costs only $5 and is less powerful than the Elite Infrantry/Paratrooper($15), so they are ideal cost-wise for capturing all the buildings in the surrounding area. Capturing this area will stop the supply line in the far NorthWest to the base.

C. Capture the Armor Base Camp, Southwest of Map

Army Force: Armored Recon and Heavy/Superheavy tanks

Usefulness: Medium valuable area with secondary HQ and near to a bunch of supply depots in Southwest

Strategy: Send a recon plane and build Fighter-Bombers to take out the Armored Recon then the tanks. Drop paratroopers into the forests after that and move to take over the area.

General Strategy:

1. Take Secondary Objective B (SO-B) immediately

2. Send paratroopers to the NorthEast and capture the HQ and Airports to eliminate any future Air Attacks (HIGH PRIORITY)

3. After taking SO-B, move your Paratrooper south towards West side of map and take the Prototype and Artillery Factory to prevent future attacks from Super Long Range artillery (they can wipe out your base)

4. You have 2 bases to defend, no ability to build factories in the beginning and each base has 1 airport which is very important, so defend well.

5. Send infrantry/armored recon to road junctions/crossroads and setup ambush for enemy supply trucks that is moving to their main base to take them out while you work on capturing the surrounding enemy bases.

-5a. Send infrantry to the supply depot left of your southern base (capture or not doesn't matter as destroying trucks give u $$ too)

-5b. Send infrantry to the town near the supply depot that is on upper left of your southern base (the one nearest to the main base) and ambush trucks there.

-5c. Send Armored Recon into forest right of your northern base and stay there to ambush trucks

I managed to totally eliminate/capture all his supply line at 663/2000 then from there I slowly build up units and take his main base little by little. You can choose to use American/German/British/French units in this mission. I chose American because of Paratroopers availablity right from the start. Stoppying his supply line and eliminating his airport/artillery base early on is key.

• 9 months later...

hey i was looking for walktrough for this mission, i tried what you have been propose and also the same thing happend, game ends before 2000 suplies (sometimes around 1300 sometimes around 1500). when im playing by my own i reaches 2000 and over it. this tactic with conquest north and west base is good (no matter wich first), south could be left for the end as also the secret.