Rate the trophy difficulty...  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_75.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.77

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

8 - I first thought this game was going to be a pretty easy platinum but I was wrong. Doing some of the Co-op operations were really tough. Havent even finished one yet. I know me and ANUBUSNYC have been trying to finish one. Also Hard Difficulty will be frustrating because you will probably mess up alot of the time which then you must restart the level.

Im working on a guide for the game. Probably will be posted in the next day.

Edited by Jin_man

I gave this game an 8 as well, the operations mode alone will drive you insane, without the perfect strategy you will lose over and over again, beating the story on hard may be a chore as well, I am currently going through on easy and some missions I have redone because of bad unit placement, some trophies mainly the operation trophies require you to complete all of the secondary objectives, I find this to almost impossible without the correct strat, online trophies might be a little grind to get the elite class I believe you have to be over level 60 and in single player you have to get to level 100, yes the single player and multi-player ranks are different, they do not add together.

I gave this game an 8 as well, the operations mode alone will drive you insane, without the perfect strategy you will lose over and over again, beating the story on hard may be a chore as well, I am currently going through on easy and some missions I have redone because of bad unit placement, some trophies mainly the operation trophies require you to complete all of the secondary objectives, I find this to almost impossible without the correct strat, online trophies might be a little grind to get the elite class I believe you have to be over level 60 and in single player you have to get to level 100, yes the single player and multi-player ranks are different, they do not add together.

I don't think speculating about 90% of the trophies is a valid rating - it's not helpful at all.

He's not speculating, most of what he say is true... the operations missions are really hard.

The easiest one that I have try is to hold victory for 15 minutes, I was able to go down at 4 minutes but had only 1 tank left with 2 base defense.

What is really hard about those mission, is that it seems the AI adjust to your gameplay.

The first time I have try this mission I was going slow a little bit to see what the AI is doing, then after that I start building a lot of turret around the base, and as soon as I had 2, something like 10 planes came to destroy them

Well, it is true, partial - but I wouldn't rate til I got most of the trophies unlocked.

The campaign has some easy but also some real hard missions, playing on hard. Especially trying to get the secondary targets done as well (for example the "Tiger" in mission 5 or some secondary stuff during "Market Garden").

But for the operations do I disagree. One or two tries to figure it out, another two tries to do them nearly perfect. Til now didn't I had much trouble (1st co-op perfect, 2nd co-op played once and win with most bonus objectives, 1st 1vs1 nearly perfect with just one bonus missing) but that still leaves three singleplayer and some bonus objectives in the 2nd co-op (main problem for me right now is to get a third player for it - including language problems with a random one).

Guess it will end up with a 6 or 7 on my side right now - but of course can this still change when I finally do my vote.

I haven't voted yet but I'm looking at an 8 for now (not voted yet). Next to the online related trophies some of the missions have secondary objectives which require multiple play throughs and not to mention beating the game on Wargamer difficulty is infuriating, I'm stuck on mission 22.

Well I have most of the trophies and I still believe it is an 8, the grind alone for leveling is insane, as for the operations, I have not practiced it enough to get a good strategy, maybe if I if try it now after having finished the campaign on hard it may be easier for me, I still need a good coop partner as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that this one is 8 or 9. (i voted 8) i'd say the operations and campaign are an 8... while the online trophies most definitely are a 9. I just finished the campaign on hard over the weekend. i didn't think it was too bad. i played my first play through on medium. before completing each mission i made sure to have all secondary objectives completed. so for the play through on hard... you just have to complete the mission and not have to worry about anything else. it definitely helped knowing what was coming from where and which unit type it would be. i recommend this method for anyone who hasn't played campaign yet. i'd say that my second play through on hard took me about 8 hours. so not too bad. just did about 2 missions or so a night, and was done before i knew it.

now it's on to co-op (1 v all completed, along with all secondary objectives) and multiplayer.

Edited by hartdogg

Definitely a hard game. Campaigns not too bad, even on hard which im going though again now. The Co-op secondary objectives are a complete pain though! Completed the 2 player co-op mission with 7 of the 8 objectives done, just couldnt quite finish them all off! Ive only tried the 3 player co-op mission a couple of time but that looks really hard! The online ranked trophies are going to be a excruciating though - can anybody even get a ranked game going? i can sits for hours in the ranked lobby!!!

• 1 year later...

8/10. This was massively challenging and time consuming, this is quite a rare platinum methinks.

It's not only difficult in places, it also requires a lot of grinding and you'll have to boost it as there's barely anyone online to play against in ranked matches. And the boosting thread is hardly rife with activity. So good luck to anyone who decides to go for it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This game is way overrated on its difficulty!

If this is 7.5 then EndWar should be a 15.

Voted 5... some levels are annoying but nothing too hard to come by with retrying just a couple of times and figure out the steps you need to take, nothing too serious.

Online boost is a bit tedious to set up but not long at all. I thought this plat would be way harder.

The game itself is very enjoyable