Trophy Difficulty Rating

ShadowAFC

Rate the trophy difficulty  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/funkyweed/Difficulty%20Threads/trophy_70.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.84

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Vyrastas

I'm at 54% right now on the Trophies, but the Speed Run, Shift Challenge, and not-dying Trophies can definitely be a pain in the neck at times.

Currently, I'd give this game a 6/10. Not impossible, by any means, but still just hard enough to be a good challenge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I haven't finished to 100% yet so I'm am not voting, but I am about 83% done in game with shift and Time Goals. Maybe my reflexes are shot or the whole FPS style of perspective is not letting me understand how to move as quick as I need to, but so far I would say a high 7 because of constant struggles with meeting those strict time goals.

If I get the remaining 43 Goal times and 16 Shift Goals I need before the end of the weekend I'll change my story but this not easy enough to be under six in my opinion so far.

UPDATE: It took me another month or so to finally calm down and get the last 30 Goal Times in the base game. They are challenging, but anyone with more experience in FPS perspective will have a better time at it than I did. Some instances require other methods than provided in the video walkthroughs, FYI. I'm sticking to a vote of 7, but some may find (and have found) the goal times much easier

Edited by pennysticks

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gave it a 6. It really isn't that difficult. I did the DLC before I did the main game, which was exceedingly harder than the main game. I guess doing the DLC gave me an edge with skill, as I was well prepared by the time I came to the main game. Only one level in the main game took more than a dozen or attempts, and that was Around the World. That level alone pushed it from a 5 to a 6.

• 1 month later...
the time goals being the hardest challenge in this game, I still believe they are doable for all gamers. at least if you don't mind practicing and can see where shortcuts are possible.

I gave it a 4. challenging, but as I said, I believe everyone can do it.

NO. JUST NO. I am not an average gamer, I would almost even consider myself a hardcore one. However, I can say nearly without a doubt that the Shift and Time goals in this game are well beyond my abilities. I have completed every level without dying, but have only achieved 6 Shift goals and 2 Time goals. TWO TIME GOALS. ACROSS ALL 51 LEVELS WITH NO DEATHS.

In no way at all is this trophy list doable by all gamers.

I'm sooooooo deleting this game then.... not gonna waste my time on a "minor game" like this... thanks for the heads up!

I actually thought this game was brilliant, however. Definitely one of my favorite downloadable titles. Really glad PS+ gave it to me for free, else I would probably have not gotten around to it. It has a certain 'fun-house' atmosphere to it that made it really enjoyable.

The only real problems I had with it were that platforming is imprecise, being in first-person and all, and I thought there could have been a lot more level design variety. But that's about it.

I'd give Quantum Conundrum a very solid 8.5 of 10.

• 1 month later...

I wanted to give it an 8/10 but then remembered giving 8/10 to GTA4 and if I were to compare, the trophies of Quantum Conundrum are way harder to get and rely solely on skill, so wouldn't be too fair. Will give it 8.5, but am prob wrong in rating GTA4 8/10 anyway.

Some levels were a pain, even with a guide. However with practice it became easier and easier. Very cool game, if you love puzzles go for it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I gave it an 8. Couch Surfing was a nightmare that made me give up all hope on getting the three big trophies and had me quit playing the game for a year.

Once I picked it back up, I had a much better outlook on it. When I got Couch Surfing without dying, along with the time and shift goals for it at the same time, I thought I had a chance.

I think one of the issues that can make it seem impossible is that most of the videos focus on doing the time and shift goals at the same time. While good for most levels, there are several that the two goals conflict with eachother, usually levels that involve a lot of use of slow dimension.

It becomes more manageable if you keep your mind open to focusing on one or the other. Vat Chance in the Ike DLC is a good example. While you can do both, it still takes more time. If you don't worry about your shifts, you can finish much faster. At the same time, if you don't worry about speed, you can finish below the shift goal easier.

• 7 months later...

I gave this game a solid 8 to 8.5. The speed runs, no deaths, and shift goals were quite challenging on some levels. I just 100% the main game and working on the DLC right now. The DLC doesn't seem to bad now that I'm quite good at speed running and shifting. I started this two years ago and now just finishing it up.

I would advise taking a break if levels are frustrating anyone. Walk away and come back another day.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave it a 6. I am a little confused why there are so many 8's and 9's. The game is challenging without a doubt, but very doable with a little practice.

First of all, I would ignore the road map, and focus on totally finishing one level at a time, including all goals. That way the level is fresh in your mind, and you do not have to wait until you are done the story.

I started this game 19 months ago, got really frustrated with the time shift on the second level, and didn't touch it again until 2 weeks ago. 19 months ago, I would have rated it a 10. I was doing the level wrong for starters, and hated the platforming.

I decided to give it another chance, and now love the game, and the challenge it presents. You get used to the platforming, and as long as you are willing to practice a level a few times, it is not that bad. All of the levels are short, so replaying them does not take long. Most of them can be mastered in 4 or 5 attempts. There are definitely a few that will take 10 or 15, but once you know how to beat a goal, you will have that perfect run eventually.

• 3 weeks later...

Since I completed all the DLC trophies, and soon will have the 100% (20/51 goal times + shifts), I will go ahead and give it a rate. I will give it a 6.5, mainly because of the fourth level of the Ike-Caramba DLC, actually all of that stuff is doable with practise and if you watch guides. Even some of the DLC trials give you a bit time left, so you won't have to beat the levels in complete perfection. It is a 6.5, because some parts were quite annoying, but still a bit easier than the Mirror's Edge plat, which was a 7 at the time I did it.

This game is easy when you got the hang of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I haven't actually voted since I'm not going to bother with the speed runs, no deaths and minimum dimension trophies. There is hardly any room for error for any of these and having to do speed runs and no deaths on a first person platformer is a pain in the rear. I would say this could be a 7-8 or maybe even a 9. I'm not even going to attempt them because I don't have the time or patience.

Edited by vikebone

• 1 year later...

I gave it a 6. I played this with a broken controller which randomly threw me to the left whenever it wanted, and I still think the game is much easier than the votes here and the rarity of the trophies suggests. Including the DLC, the shift goals are easy enough because there's only a set amount of stuff you have to do, the time goals are easy because there generally seems to be a decent amount of margin for error. Even on some annoying early levels where I would be a few tenths above the time I'd try a few times, just doing everything as efficiently as possible, then I'd be a second and a half under.

When you know where you should go and what you should do in the puzzles, it's much easier than it seems. I barely even had to check youtube when I was hitting the goals.

• 1 year later...

If anyone still has intentions to start this game and get 100% of the trophies, I suggest DON'T do it.

The minimum difficulty on PS3 for this game is 9/10; ignore what other people has wrote, there is a reason why so few people has earned the hardest trophies on this game.

The main issue is that, in order to get the goal trophies, you need to make a PERFECT performance on each level (the slightest mistake surely would make you fail the goals and have to repeat the level), furthermore, you have to do it in an INSANELY low amount of time. For instance, complete the 1st level below the goal time is hard despite you only have to move forward (there is only one easy thing to do at the end of that level, though), no puzzles, no platforms, no anything else, and yet, you might struggle to achieve the goal time, now imagine try to do it on the rest of the levels where each one is full of obstacles (and remember, you cannot make a single mistake).

Besides, as others already said, many Youtube guides where recorded on the PC version of the game and take advantage of glitches or the use of mouse/keyboard, not available for PS3 players.

Of course, for few people is not impossible and for sure is quite rewarding to get those trophies, unfortunately, most of the players never could do it, no matter for how long you practice each level.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...