Interesting physics ...

SoPoF

If the wind of a ventalitor is not strong enough to carry me, why is it all of a sudden strong enough to carry me just because I stand on a fluffy box? It's not like a box works like a parachute or something ...

Other than that, great game so far. Could've used more investment in the graphics department, though, the rooms and interiours look too much the same.

Well... it is stated multiple times in the game that since your character is using the IDS device, they maintain constant mass, momentum, and such across all dimensions. This is the same reason why standing on one of those spring pads doesn't launch you when you switch to Fluffy, because your mass isn't changing, so there's no shift for the spring to respond to, so you have to stand on something that will cause a shift in mass.

Well... it is stated multiple times in the game that since your character is using the IDS device, they maintain constant mass, momentum, and such across all dimensions.

And that's exactly why it shouldn't work. If I weigh 75 kg and I'm too heavy to be carried by the wind, then step on a box, make the box less heavy via dimension switch, I, as the bearer of the glove, will still weigh 75 kg. If 75 kg is too much, it won't matter whether I and the box together weigh 75 + 10 kg or 75 + 5 kg.

The only way standing on the box would help me getting lifted would be if the new dimension made the box fly up strongly (with more force than my weight applies) due to lower density than air, but since the box alone will only go up when wind is applied, it is obviously still heavier than air.

The catapults, in contrast, make perfect sense, as the issue in normal dimension is not the player character being too heavy, but instead not heavy enough.

Increased surface area-> more oomph applied. The safe actually works "like a parachute". I agree that a safe probably isn't the best thing to show this with but technically the game says EVERYTHING is light as a feather in fluffy dimension so it does make sense that the fan can now carry a 12 year old boy (the character you are playing as). I imagine that the fans are already so strong that if you would lie face down or up on the fan, it would lift you in the air a few meters or so, the safe just magnifies the effect.

• 3 months later...