Not Syncing

Portlandridah

Wow...this is probably the first game that encounters this problem. So what now, you can't view your trophy cards on PSN until they sort it out?

No, you can view your card just fine. Problem is the game tries to Sync to the server every time. (Even if you haven't earnt a single trophy) It gets very annoying after a while. As olsen said. NBA 09 had the same problem. As well as Brain Challenge, Rock Band Country Pack, And SBK 08.

haven't earned trophies yet for this game, but it fucks up the whole synching process..

playing GoW1 at the moment, and when I try to sync it first says 2814 (I should have got more), then it says 2817 (still not good) and now the weird part, synching again and it drops back to 2814...

this is happening the whole evening..

SONY -> Maybe, just maybe improve or renew your horrible test team..

haven't earned trophies yet for this game, but it fucks up the whole synching process..

playing GoW1 at the moment, and when I try to sync it first says 2814 (I should have got more), then it says 2817 (still not good) and now the weird part, synching again and it drops back to 2814...

this is happening the whole evening..

SONY -> Maybe, just maybe improve or renew your horrible test team..

Its gotta be something with Sony. I was viewing a friends card earlier, it said he had 123 trophies, viewed it a few minutes later it said 90! I thought I was loosing my mind. Looked a few minutes later, it said 123! I was like "Dude, your trophies are playing mind tricks on me"! It was kinda freaky, Lol.

This one got me too. I've also been havin' the goofy trophy sync number errors the past few nights. I can earn a couple trophies and go to sync and it completes the process without error but didn't add the trophies at times. I would have to sync a few times to get it to take.

Not sure if it's related to the Puzzlegeddon or not because it seems like trophy sync has been getting worse and worse the past month or so. But yeah, they need to get their ass in gear and fix the Puzzlegeddon crap. It takes long enough to sync half the time without having to do it every single time you wanna view your profile.

I am now pretty sure mine (and many other's) problem is due to this game, more info on it:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tech-centre/33690-trophies-need-sync-every-time.html

Basically a variation of what's been said in here, but just posting that for reference. Is there anything at all we can do to stop this unnecessary syncing??

Yeah, there's a way you can "fix" it. I finally did it a week or so ago and have been good to go ever since.

What you need to do is perform a backup and restore of your HD using the utility on your PS3(You need an external drive at least as big as your PS3 drive for this). When you get ready to do it, you will see a warning that un-sync'd trophies for "blank" user will not be backed up. This is because it's recognizing that those puzzle trophies haven't sync'd.

Go ahead and perform the backup and restore it back to your same PS3 drive. It will take a while because it has to format and restore the drive. All users, saves, and everything else will be restored just as it was. All you will have to do then is redo the initial sync(this will take quite a while depending on number of trophies and net speed) and all trophies will be sync'd up and the puzzle problem and non-syncing trophy list gone! :)

This process definately takes some time but after it's done you don't have to deal with the non-syncing at all anymore.

Just make absolutely sure you either DELETE PUZZLEGEDDON or DO NOT PLAY IT AGAIN!

I am now pretty sure mine (and many other's) problem is due to this game, more info on it:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tech-centre/33690-trophies-need-sync-every-time.html

Basically a variation of what's been said in here, but just posting that for reference. Is there anything at all we can do to stop this unnecessary syncing??

Other than doing the backup/restore method mentioned above, emailing Sony, Tecmo, and whoever else is involved is the only way to pressure them into fixing this stupid thing. Its doubtful they spend much time reading boards like these, but constant emails may do the trick. I've gotten a response from Sony that they "are looking into it" If its not fixed soon I'll email again, and all other owners of it should do the same.

Posting this here and the other thread:

Thanks for the fix Elway. I had a fear it would have to only be fixed through a forced backup/restore, was trying to find possible alternatives.

Now this is just another reason for me to upgrade to a Slim, going to do the backup/restore and get two things done at once. Not very high hopes that Sony or the dev/publisher is going to fix this since the game more than likely didn't sell too well.

Edited by zeociko

Finally, heard back from Pieces Interactive and here is a copy of their reply.

Hi Mark!

Thanks for your mail!

We're aware of the problem and are looking into it.

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Rikard

-----Original Message-----

Sent: den 27 januari 2010 21:25

To: support@puzzlegeddon.com

Subject: trophy sync!!!

The following technical issue was reported for PUZZLEGEDDON:

* SUBJECT:

trophy sync!!!

* PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:

i am wondering if you all are going to ever fix the trophy sync issue with