Guide to Comeback Kid trophy

Spaden

Comeback kid Silver Trophy

Come from last place on the last lap to win a race event in World Tour Mode.

seems like many people have big problems with this trophy so I decided to make this small guide..

Comeback Kid is “easy” once you know how to do it... I did it in my first try after I found out how to do it.. you need to do this on Ocotillo Wells... on the 3 lap you need to be in front.. the thing is where people normally take a left turn up the hill you need to continue straight ahead untill you get to the end where there is at 180' turn... wait there until you in last place... then boost ahead (it will be much easier if you have full boost) when your on the top of the hill you soud be in 5 or 6 place... so if you drive well then you will be in first place at the finish line..

if the other players are too far apart this won’t work cause you should not have the time to catch up... then restart and try again..

see this youtube video for witch route to take... after 30 sec in the video take the right route over the jump in the background instead of going to the left up the mountain like in the video…

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8cqNdMWlEQ]YouTube - Pure Ocotillo Wells Multiplayer Gameplay[/ame]

Edited by Spaden

Also you can do this

Start a new game - Building a basic bike with no upgrades - Do the second (race) track on round 1 Glamis - Build up all your boost on the first two laps. - Once everyone has passed you boost like crazy and trick to keep boost up - You should be in 1st with plenty of time to spare - The AI is really slow at this point in the game - Don't try this once you beat the game as it makes it very difficult (not immpossible, just very difficult) - I got this on my first go it's that easy

Also you can do this

Start a new game - Building a basic bike with no upgrades - Do the second (race) track on round 1 Glamis - Build up all your boost on the first two laps. - Once everyone has passed you boost like crazy and trick to keep boost up - You should be in 1st with plenty of time to spare - The AI is really slow at this point in the game - Don't try this once you beat the game as it makes it very difficult (not immpossible, just very difficult) - I got this on my first go it's that easy

Thanks dude!!It worked 4 me!!At the second try i've taken the trophy and Plat!Thanks so much!

I tried to get this at Glamis and keep getting in 5th. It seems like the last place guy is always WAY behind before I can takeoff on the 3rd lap and the 1st place guy is WAY ahead as well. Im going back through the game right now to get the no messing throphy but I think this comeback kid one will be the hardest as I have everything else at this point. :mad:

My suggestion woul be keep trying. I finished the game because i messed up the no messing trophy which obliged me to do a second run. In the first stage, at Glamis, i did it for about an Hour. I kept staying in 2nd, 3rd, 5th.... Cos the last racer which i had to wait was far from the rest of the pack. You'll have to keep trying until they're packed together. It really is nerv breaking because it does not only depend on your driving, the circumstances of the race have to be good if u know what i mean.

• 1 month later...

you can try it on one of the easier levels in the beginning of the tour. if you dont want to lose your data when you start a new game you can save your data to a usb flash drive, delete it from the hdd, start a new game, get the trophy, then copy the original data back to the hdd

• 2 weeks later...
Also you can do this

got it this way on my second try, tried the other way but didnt make better then 5th

• 3 weeks later...

i got the comeback kid trophy EASY two days a go on glamis, as suggested elsewhere here in the pure guide by some1. remember to start a clean new game, (backup savefile)

start your race at glemis, which is the 3rd event you come across in the first lvl

The trick is to boost like hell (u do have your full boost ready?) and get that 1st shortcut just on the left after the 1st jump after the tunnel after the first curve. its quite easy to miss if you don´t see it. its a hill of its own higher up than the first slope/jump, so remember to take a good jump, and steer to the left. trick and boost as hell the rest of the track. i did this even with a B-class engine...

Edited by lade73

i got the comeback kid trophy EASY two days a go on glamis, as suggested elsewhere here in the pure guide by some1. remember to start a clean new game, (backup savefile)

start your race at glemis, which is the 3rd event you come across in the first lvl

The trick is to boost like hell (u do have your full boost ready?) and get that 1st shortcut just on the left after the 1st jump after the tunnel after the first curve. its quite easy to miss if you don´t see it. its a hill of its own higher up than the first slope/jump, so remember to take a good jump, and steer to the left. trick and boost as hell the rest of the track. i did this even with a B-class engine...

Exactly how I got mine, the key is to take the first shortcut to the left. I even finished second half of the lap without using any boost, that's how easy it was.

This is the video that helped me discover the key shotcut.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6tGt3XN3zI]YouTube - PURE comeback kid[/ame]

This one wasn't too hard, it only took me about two tries. I tried on Ocotillo Wells only because one of my ATVs always did really well there. On Lap 3, I went straight after the vertigo jump and waited until it said 16. The first time I got to 7th once I started going again and finished 4th. The second time I wound up in 5th once I got going again and got it. When you are going around the 180-degree turn, keep going but don't go all out, just slow enough that once you wind up in 16th, you can get enough speed to clear the jumps

Also you can do this

This is what i did and it worked in my first shot. Plus i got the plat afterwards which made me very happy.

• 3 weeks later...

i have tried over and over again but i still cannot do comeback kid i have looked at lots of guides and i am stuck now i reallly am getting bored of it i only need this trophy and the online ones then i have the plat could anyone help me please who new a (S) could be so hard lol ( i am willing to give my email and pass if you could do it for me anyone ? thanks)

i have tried over and over again but i still cannot do comeback kid i have looked at lots of guides and i am stuck now i reallly am getting bored of it i only need this trophy and the online ones then i have the plat could anyone help me please who new a (S) could be so hard lol ( i am willing to give my email and pass if you could do it for me anyone ? thanks)

You are breaking the rules by doing that man, you cant say stuff like that.

• 1 month later...

I tried at least 30 times, but I always end 2nd or 3rd. Het 1st racer is way too far ahead, and/or the last one is so far behind when I'm waiting at the finish line. Some more tricks would be welcome.

Also, what road do you guys take after the first shortcut? Keep left for shortest distance, or go right for more jumps = more boost?

IF you're having problems with this method use this other method

Also you can do this

IF you're having problems with this method use this other method

That's exactly what I did. But in the 3rd round, driver 16 is halve a round behind driver 1 so I can't get to the first place, even with shortcut and boosting. :(

So I'm curious which route I should take after the 1ste shortcut, and if there's some trick to keep racer 1 and 16 closer together?

I made it! :D

The trick is NOT to stay last or race as fast as possible in the first two rounds. Instead always wait for the 1ste racer to pass you, then pass him again and so on. This will make him crash the whole time and the other keep up your speed.

• 3 months later...
Also you can do this

Worked 1st time, cheers mate. Platinum :D