Servers Down forever?

John_Mast3r

• 2 weeks later...

Oh joy another game I haven't got around to getting the online done yet.

I really hope they put the servers back up , are the xbox360 servers still up?

I can cope with them closing servers if they pre warn you but shutting them down with no communication or a technical failure and cannot be bothered to put them back up is not cool.

Was it definatly the Sony update that messed the server up or have they always planned to close the server down?

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE - I rang Ubifuck yesterday and told the guy over the phone that their damn servers have been down for about 3 weeks now, after I was assured in my last call to them by a rep from theirs that the servers would be up and running. The guy over the phone said apparently there's been some major shit going going on to the servers so they've had to close them to repair them. I asked him how long will it take and got the cookie-cutter response of 'I don't know'

UPDATE - I rang Ubifuck yesterday and told the guy over the phone that their damn servers have been down for about 3 weeks now, after I was assured in my last call to them by a rep from theirs that the servers would be up and running. The guy over the phone said apparently there's been some major shit going going on to the servers so they've had to close them to repair them. I asked him how long will it take and got the cookie-cutter response of 'I don't know'

Thx for the reply. I hope this is true and they will be put back up eventually.

I know on the Ubisoft Pure football forums a person from Ubisoft replied saying they have been closed but i'm not sure he actually knows that as fact.

I've not heard of Ubisoft closing any servers on the ps3 as of yet. Far cry 2, TC HAWX and TC Endwar are games which have been out far longer than Pure Football and still have the servers up.

I find it hard to beleive they were scheduled to shut down, more like broken and need to be fixed if they can be bothered to.

UPDATE 2 - My friend rang this time and he got the same answer I got when asking about the servers except this time, the guy actually told my friend 'we've received loads of complaints and intend to fix it ASAP'. It seems that they are aware people have been complaining but the safest option is to ring them every 2 days or so and complain. They can't by law, take down the servers because the back of the manual states that Ubisoft must publish a 30 day notice on the game's site as to whther they'll take down the servers and they didn't do that.

UPDATE 2 - My friend rang this time and he got the same answer I got when asking about the servers except this time, the guy actually told my friend 'we've received loads of complaints and intend to fix it ASAP'. It seems that they are aware people have been complaining but the safest option is to ring them every 2 days or so and complain. They can't by law, take down the servers because the back of the manual states that Ubisoft must publish a 30 day notice on the game's site as to whther they'll take down the servers and they didn't do that.

Ah, I never saw the message on the manual but you are right that it states Ubisoft would publish a server closure notice of 30 days like EA does at the uplay website. However, I'm pretty sure there's no law about taking the servers down early or without notice even though they do state a 30 day notice. Regardless, I was confident they were fixing them and your post only strengthens that belief. I will be posting on the forums where a Ubisoft guy posted back saying they shut them down because I feel he posted without any knowledge and I will make mention of what other employees at Ubisoft have said and the 30 day notice policy.

I should also mention that Ubisoft's Michael Jackson the Experience was broken for the facebook application for a while but they fixed that after a number of people complained.

The Exact message on the manuel is "Ubisoft may suspend or cancel access to online features upon a 30-day prior notice published at www.uplay.com."

If it comes back one day, for sure I will do those online troph. in priority ^^'

(don't like impossible platinum in my list neither ><)

Exactly, if the servers do come back up, i'm going for these trophies immediately. Feel free to add me for boosting, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Looking at most of the trophy cards in this post, I'm wondering if the US servers are down too. I assume most of you have the Pure Football (EU) version.

Yeah, they are. I'm in Canada and can't connect. The best thing we can all do is email them or call them, the more people that complain the more likely chance they will fix this. It's getting late now though, looking like these servers will never come back up...

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, they are. I'm in Canada and can't connect. The best thing we can all do is email them or call them, the more people that complain the more likely chance they will fix this. It's getting late now though, looking like these servers will never come back up...

Im so pissed I started to play the online back in Feb & March, But since you need to complete the offline to finish the online I stopped and didnt get around to it.

Here is wishing it comes back

• 2 weeks later...
Im so pissed I started to play the online back in Feb & March, But since you need to complete the offline to finish the online I stopped and didnt get around to it.

Here is wishing it comes back

I know, this really pisses me off because the pieces of shit never gave any warning, and they aren't going to fix it. They told me they aren't, and i'm not the only one. It's crazy how cautious you have to be with sports games if you don't like unachieveable platinums. Get the online done for them right away, or you're taking your chances.

• 3 weeks later...