Grandmaster Glitched?

McRedRover

I have played 18 games vs the AI, my record is Monkey: 9P 3W 4D 2L Grandmaster: 9P 5D 4L. My stats have not gone up or down at all. On my stats page it says I am PureChess Rating 100 Maximum PureChess Rating Achieved 100. Anybody else encounter this problem? Also does anyone have any insight as to what I could do to fix this? Thanks for any help in advance.

• 4 months later...

I'm still learning the features offered by this game but your "games played" stat agrees with the breakdown across both levels, 18=9P+9P. Are you certain you've played against the AI since you've noticed no change in these stats? If so, I think you must win more games than you lose before you'll notice your rating increase. A rating of 100 probably represents the base-line limit, thus cannot decrease from this initial value and perhaps the reason why you've noticed no change.

I believe a Pure Chess grandmaster rating is at least 1000. If your maximal rating achieved is 100, yet you stalemated 5 times against a grandmaster level AI opponent, then suspicion abounds though I'm uncertain if drawing against a grandmaster opponent will raise a rating above 100; winning certainly would.

Pending answers to my questions, I'm not convinced that you've presented sufficient evidence indicating this game is glitched.

Edited by GTsuperlicensed

• 2 months later...

Can confirm - won first two games vs. Grandmaster AI opponent in Exhibition. My record is 2-0-0 against Level 10 opponents, and I have no plays against other opponents. My PCR is still the base 100 points.

As it stands, the guide does not offer any explanation for why this would be true. The guide specifically states that a PCR of 100 defeating a PCR of 1000 should RAISE my PCR. As well, the save and load trick didn't do anything - as well, I had to manually click through over 100 moves just to see if it would work. "Load" doesn't load to where you were, but rather to the start of the game. If I have to manually click through 100+ moves for each victory... I hardly see how this is a time-saver. Even if my PCR were going up.

I don't know if the trophy is glitched, but the guide is incorrect - or possibly, my understanding of the guide's (explicit) instructions is incorrect.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

My PCR has gone up from 100 to 205, so I'm now a novice player :D

My stats so far (Tournament & exhibition matches):

Total: P30/W17/D4/L9

Monkey: P5/W3/D2/L0

Novice: P17/W9/D2/L6

Apprentice: P6/W3/D0/L3

Thinker: P2/W2/D0/L0

I'm gessing every 100 rating points is a level up, so you have to get 1000 rating points to get the Grand Master title and trophy.

Edited by Superkiwi

• 1 year later...

Just bought the game while on sale and at first the rating for me didn't go up or down to whatever my win loss ratio was. Beat all the opponents in the beginner tournament and went back to exhibition to do the offer draw technique and now it's increasing my rank. However im gaining less and less as I rank up. For future reference and possible answers for the old ones posted. If anyone else that had/has this can confirm my method working for you let us know :)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Just bought the game while on sale and at first the rating for me didn't go up or down to whatever my win loss ratio was. Beat all the opponents in the beginner tournament and went back to exhibition to do the offer draw technique and now it's increasing my rank. However im gaining less and less as I rank up. For future reference and possible answers for the old ones posted. If anyone else that had/has this can confirm my method working for you let us know :)

That fixed it, thanks for the info :)