General Trophy Discussion

olsen77

• 1 month later...

The epaulette mate seems a bit silly. The correspondence chess is just funny.

Also, I'm not sure what the 2500 rating thing is. Does that mean the player needs to have a rating that high? The problem with that is it'll encourage people to use programs when they're playing chess :/

I'm going to check this out - and if I get it, i'll be back to look for anyone who wants to play a couple serious games. My USCF is just under 1600.

The epaulette mate seems a bit silly.

Hehe, I'm playing chess for over 20 years and I did this only once. You have to had freakin awesome set and luck on board. So I guess, the only way to do this is just boost ;)

As for the ELO. I have no idea how the points are distributed in here. If it is like in real life than this trophy will be impossible. There are only 587 players in the world[sic!] who had rating between 2500 and 2999.

Hehe, I'm playing chess for over 20 years and I did this only once. You have to had freakin awesome set and luck on board. So I guess, the only way to do this is just boost ;)

As for the ELO. I have no idea how the points are distributed in here. If it is like in real life than this trophy will be impossible. There are only 587 players in the world[sic!] who had rating between 2500 and 2999.

Sorry , been here for long time but never registered so sorry if im new :whistle:

Anyways , That trophy "Epaulette" i got through "bonus games"

There you have bonus games like , "Mate in 1" .. there is a board in some of those challenge that have that setup already for you to checkmate in 1 go.

So no boost required :)

Hope it help!

Indeed, most of those secret trophies are most likely the easiest to do in bonus games. Just a question, is there anybody who is planning to write a trophy guide about it? If nobody plans a trophy guide then I'll make one, I know how to get al of the trophies, except the gold trophy (anybody knows what exactely you have to do? Let me know in a PM)

Arvaves I started a guide yesterday but be my guest.

The most work will be with challenges. 100 of them and those with 2+ moves can take quite some time.

I'll have to check whats with the ELO rating. For now I don't know. Probably this is only achievable in Tournaments. Don't know yet.

ElTequilla for sure there is play by mail but head to head... Kill me but I don't know :think: I'm afraid there is no such option. It is the same problem like with Talisman board game. They've cancelled it because one move of player took too much time. And it was only a minute or so.

Edited by rospondek

Arvaves I started a guide yesterday but be my guest.

The most work will be with challenges. 100 of them and those with 2+ moves can take quite some time.

I'll have to check whats with the ELO rating. For now I don't know. Probably this is only achievable in Tournaments. Don't know yet.

ElTequilla for sure there is play by mail but head to head... Kill me but I don't know :think: I'm afraid there is no such option. It is the same problem like with Talisman board game. They've cancelled it because one move of player took too much time. And it was only a minute or so.

I already had some decent trophy explanations but your english is way better then mine, you want to coöperate?

After I read you were making a guide I started making some videos that could be useful for the guide. Just finished the first for the easy ones:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3NoeoiKV3c&feature=youtube_gdata]Pure chess: Challenges: Mate in 1 (first 20 problems) - YouTube[/ame]

what do you think (I know it's not a very good quality...)?

So you're able to play with people on friends list/set up private games, at least? What about hotseat? is that possible?

You probably got an answer already of know it but the ELO rating seems to be in "play by mail". I played the first tournament and my ELO rating is same as before (1200) but take a look in leaderboards in that mail play then you see those that won have little + in rating like (1227) and those that lost a game is under the normal 1200 you start with.

About the "purechess rate" it seems it's from normal offline play. Tried some games there quick on easiest option , after i reached 200 in rating it said , level up! 2 - *something*

Also to reach grandmaster "max" I think it is 1000 as like some of the computer players have in "Mate in 1 / 2 go" etc

Meeening you have to play " a lot " offline :whistle:

Their is also a glitch, en passant isn't obtainable at the moment...

I didn't get the trophy and neither did rospondek

Very odd, myself unlocked in offline mode against computer in 1-beginner difficulty. Took me 3 boards though before the "cpu fell into my trap" if you know what i mean, but as soon i used the the move and took the pawn i got the trophy after like 5 seconds..

Can some more maybe confirm they got it and some not :think::eek:

Cissamannen; Cant say for sure because it looked like i got random (very little as 15 rating) very early, but now after 200 raitng i get like 5 rating only for every win :p

Probably more on higher difficulty but need some other chessmaster to look for that because i have problems on the 4-7 and the others hehe :whistle:

So it looks like that. I had 116 pts. Have won on Grand Master and got... 26pts.

I have no idea how many points you have to had to achieve GrandMaster title...

As for En Passant I've got my first one on Tournament play and no trophy, tho in the stats there was such a move.

Then in normal vs CPU match ding trophy.

The same thing was with O-O-O.

So it looks like full game means not tournament match.

So it looks like that. I had 116 pts. Have won on Grand Master and got... 26pts.

I have no idea how many points you have to had to achieve GrandMaster title...

As for En Passant I've got my first one on Tournament play and no trophy, tho in the stats there was such a move.

Then in normal vs CPU match ding trophy.

The same thing was with O-O-O.

So it looks like full game means not tournament match.

I mentioned that information in the guide :p

I'll post the guide this evening

Edit 14/04/2012: The guide is as good as done, I've worked today all day at the video guide for all the challenges, except some info about the golden trophy (but at the moment does nobody knows about it) is the guide completely done :p

Edited by Arvaves

Looks like if you play against the same PCR enemy few times in a row, points are decreased in time.

Now I'm lvl 4. Was playing with lvl10 and got 18pts. Next I played against lvl1. Got 2pts. But next two games was only 1pt. Hard to tell how many points You will got at the exact level against one particular opponent...

Everything will be very 'slippery'...

Edited by rospondek

I would like to do the Game by Mail trophy if anyone is willing to help. It says all we have to do is win, so does that mean that someone can initiate a game with me, I can resign and give you the trophy, then I start a game with you, you resign and then I get the trophy?

In any case, if anyone wants to do this, just send me a game invite and I'll help out with this.

Thank you very much.

PSN ID: GrooThePerverted

I'm in the USA (West Coast Time). And to those wondering how I got the game, someone hooked me up with a UK PSN card. I had to do the same thing last time that Voofoo stiffed the US customers and we had to wait for Hustle Kings. lol.

Thanks again!

I would like to do the Game by Mail trophy if anyone is willing to help. It says all we have to do is win, so does that mean that someone can initiate a game with me, I can resign and give you the trophy, then I start a game with you, you resign and then I get the trophy?

In any case, if anyone wants to do this, just send me a game invite and I'll help out with this.

Thank you very much.

PSN ID: GrooThePerverted

I'm in the USA (West Coast Time). And to those wondering how I got the game, someone hooked me up with a UK PSN card. I had to do the same thing last time that Voofoo stiffed the US customers and we had to wait for Hustle Kings. lol.

Thanks again!

I think you'll have more succes finding a boosting partner at the boosting thread :)