No All-in-One Collectibles Guide?

tor187

I know I'm not alone in hating to run through each level multiple times because I missed something, whether it's a head, a fugitive, a hundredsparkle, or a certain hard to get soul. Is there an all-in-one guide available that I may not have found? It would help tons and would make this platinum much quicker (and less confusing) to attain.

• 2 weeks later...
I found this on the PSNP forums just now. I'm currently at work so I can't check to see if it's accurate.

Collectible Guide - Puppeteer - PSNProfiles Forums

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lGF1gb-WMrnlOItLPDMa6XlT0pBlcrbMtAa5WdkeAys/edit

Credit goes to Sir_Bee on PSNP forums.

I can't say how accurate that is but it's not an easy read thanks to the horrible formatting and garish colours.

I can't say how accurate that is but it's not an easy read thanks to the horrible formatting and garish colours.

So far it seems completely accurate (I just finished act 3 following this guide), but I agree that the formatting could use some work. It's really not bad, though.

posts like this are WORTHLESS

Well, he's got a point... Sometimes it's nice to help others too, instead of getting helped all the time.

Anyway, yes that kind of guide would have been handy.

I kind of did like this while attempting the platinum. I finished the game first, doing the most I could without any guide.

Then I replayed every curtain one by one, taking note with the existing guides about the heads/actions, puppet bros, misc trophies I missed, and every hundredsparkle (just to be sure). That was a breeze.

Then I went for the grubs, because you don't miss a lot of them after all this, and rushing levels only taking care about them with a guide takes just 5-10 minutes each.

If there is a guide like this in the future, I wouldn't recommend you use this on your first playthrough: 1) Discovering the game while focusing on such tasks will make you extremely bored. 2) You need specific powers in almost every level to get all the collectibles, and you won't have all of them until Act IV so you WILL miss things anyway.

The only collectible my trophy guide hasn't got are the souls. There are hundreds of these in the game and you must collect them all. However, after completing every other collectible when I was playing the game I only had 3 souls left to find, so I really don't think its needed and that's why I didn't make one.

Haven't seen that other guide previously posted so I don't know how accurate it is but I really don't think it's needed.

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone is still looking for one, I found this on the front page of PSNP.

Puppeteer Collectible Guide

How can I track which collectible I am missing??

Also, do I need to re-get all the souls again at one shot?? Or if I get the one I missed, wait for check point, then quit to main menu, will that count??

You can't really track which ones you are missing, you have to keep track of it yourself. And yes, it will count. You don't have to get them all in one go.

• 1 month later...
If anyone is still looking for one, I found this on the front page of PSNP.

Puppeteer Collectible Guide

Sorry for the bump but I just wanted to thank the author of that guide for it is probably the best guide I've ever used in a hunt for a Platinum trophy.

If I had to try really hard to fault it I might suggest that there were one or two points where it wasn't clear that I should advance through a golden gate before the next task would take place. Other than that it was faultless.

One thing I noticed though was during Act VII - Curtain II there were two "Wooden Shoe" type encounters in the background that I found and interacted with but these were not mentioned in the guide. I don't know whether they were overlooked or if they're just not required (I just don't recall any others that were not required is all).

Awesome guide anyway. All I need to do now is the Player 2 stuff and I'm done. :D