UFC Prediction League 3 - 2014/2015

http://imageshack.com/a/img908/3422/LrB89T.png

This is the third edition of the UFC Prediction league run by JMeeks and I, finally back for the next instalment after a break to think and to give you all a rest and just to enjoy MMA ;). Here is the link to the thread for seasons 1 + 2 if you need any more persuasion: UFC Prediction League 1 - PlaystationTrophies.org http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/pst-fantasy-sports-leagues/205729-ufc-prediction-league-2-2013-2014-a.html

If you wish to take part in this event, sign up to the site, by clicking here: Join the site!

Simply post below saying that you are interested and we'll sign you up.

Rules

• You have to have at least 50 posts to take part. This isn't discriminating against new members but as you can imagine a lot of new members sign up and then rarely use the forum.
  • No Editing posts, if you wish to change your prediction then quote your original post and then say what you would like to change.
  • Please try to post your predictions in red, this makes it easier to spot posts while skimming through the thread. Their will ALWAYS be a prediction template for every event in this threads second post.
  • Copy and paste the fight card posted below by JMeeks, then put your winner in red & bold, this makes the scores way easier to add up.
  • If there are any errors in adding up scores or whatever, then just PM either myself or JMeeks to get it sorted straight away - ALWAYS double check your scores, mistakes are quite rare but do happen.
  • Any cheating will result in a ban from participating.
  • Have fun and jokes about predictions :p, but not flaming other participants or action will be taken.

Last of all: With the prediction league being new please be patient with us, All input and feedback is welcomed, We would love to hear any ideas on how it can be more enjoyable for us all.

Thanks for your time and we hope you join and find it a good time :)

The card is UFC 181 on Saturday December 6th, so plenty of time to sign up! UFC 181 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sign ups close on December 6th at 8pm UK time so I have time to update everything. Predictions must be in before the first fight on our card every event. Predictions made after this will be void and will receive 0 points for that card.

Last seasons leaderboard is in the spoiler below: [spoiler=ufctable]

1. (G) - dlm1988 - 486 (+27)
  2. (S) - OnceFallen - 481 (+39)
  3. (B) - JMeeks1875 - 478 (+34)
  4. Pennywise247 - 473 (+28)
  5. Mendel - 467 (+34)
  6. Darth_Krid - 450 (+29)
  7. BigDrama25 - 442 (+32)
  8. robertevansdj - 436 (+16)
  9. C-IRVINE-94 - 409 (+18)
  10. Bic80 - 402 (+19)
  11. cbchaos67 - 331 (+20)
  12. Raichu - 304 (+0)
  13. Hamza305 - 297 (+0)
  14. PainOfDemise - 207 (+0)
  15. AbuRiyam - 171 (+0)
  16. Drummersc007 - 73 (+0)
  17. Slamma - 39 (+0)
  18. Stnkfist - 28 (+0)
  19. Roberto - 14 (+0)

Edited by C-IRVINE-94

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**Season 3 Changes**

Bonuses : We will be predicting both Fight & Performance on every card card from here on in, Using the same method as before with the prefixes *POTN* & *FOTN*. Both are worth two points per correct prediction. You can place them both on the same bout if you wish. More often than not Performance of the night is awarded to more than one bout so your chances with that one are higher ;)

Scoring : For the past two seasons if you got the fight winner wrong you could still win a point for getting the method correct (eg, ko/sub/dec), This is no longer the case, Get the fighter wrong and you get diddly squat.

Boost : It will remain completely optional, However there will be a slight change to it's scoring to entice everyone to use it. A boost is still worth a maximum of 6 (2x3) points, Only now you will only receive the minus if you get the fight winner incorrect. If you get the fight winner correct but fail to predict the method then you will instead get 2 points (2x1). In previous seasons the later would have earned you a minus.

Below you find a breakdown of the scoring sytem, How to post your predictions & examples of how the predictions should look.

The Scoring System Explained

• We will use the entire fight cards for every major UFC event throughout the season.
  • We may add bonus bouts through the season from other popular promotions, But only if it coincides with a UFC fight cards date.
  • Each bout is worth a maximum of 3 points (excluding bonuses)
  • Each bout is broken down to 1. Winner, 2. Method of Finish 3. A bonus point for getting both correct
  • Abbreviations will be used for the type of fight ending : KO (Knockout/tko), SUB (Submission), DEC (Decision)
  • As there is many different ways a bout can end, KO will cover all fight endings, Eg Strikes, Bad Cuts, Technical knock outs, Doctor Stoppage ect
  • Bonus points (2) can be earned by correctly predicting the performance & fight of the night winners. Both can be placed on the same bout. See the prediction templates for instructions on posting your bonus predictions.
  • BOOST: You must mark the bout you wish to boost, If you are correct you will score double points on the chosen bout, A maximum of 6 points for both fight winner & win method, 2 points if you only predict the fight winner correctly, However predict the incorrect fight winner and you will receive a -3. Event bonuses (FOTN & POTN) are separate and will not effect your chosen boost.
  • Any "No Contest" fights will result in that bouts scoring being ignored, If that fight is 'Boosted' then that too is void.
  • In the off chance that a fight ends in a draw, It will be treated the same as any other prediction, Boosts will be treated as normal.
  • The current event results will be posted and remain in place until the next event has been completed.
  • Predictions must be entered by 20:00 GMT on the day of the event. (This is subject to change depending on the card start time and if one of the league founders is here to close it later, Watch the thread for more information.)
  • There will be a cut off post in the prediction thread prior to each event start, Any predictions made after this will be void.
  • Please use the official UFC site to check your time zone for each event and any up to date fight card announcements.

Example Fight Card

UFC 1337

Chuck Liddell Vs Tito Ortiz

Tank Abbott Vs Royce Gracie

Rich Franklyn Vs Randy Couture

Rampage Jackson Vs Josh Koshcheck

Matt Hughes Vs Jens Pulver

Example Prediction Entry

UFC 1337

Chuck Liddell Vs Tito Ortiz - KO *BOOST*

Tank Abbott Vs Royce Gracie - SUB *POTN*

Rich Franklyn Vs Randy Couture - DES

Rampage Jackson Vs Josh Koshcheck - KO *FOTN*

Matt Hughes Vs Jens Pulver - DEC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**EVENT 30**

UFC FIGHT NIGHT: HOLLOWAY V OLIVEIRA

**REMEMBER YOUR BONUSES: POTN & FOTN**

BOOST : 1 Available for this card

US : 23/08/15 7PM/4PM ET/PT // UK : 23/08/15 11PM BST

(Always check the official site for card start times)

200px-UFN_Saskatoon_2015_promo.jpg

Max Holloway V Charles Oliveira

Neil Magny V Erick Silva

Patrick Cote V Josh Burkman

Chad Laprise V Francisco Trinaldo

Olivier Aubin-Mercier V Tony Sims

Maryna Moroz V Valerie Letourneau

Yves Jabouin V Felipe Arantes

Marcos Rogerio de Lima V Nikita Krylov

Sam Stout V Frankie Perez

Chris Kelades V Chris Beal

Shane Campbell V Elias Silverio

Misha Cirkunov V Daniel Jolly

http://imageshack.us/a/img443/1579/ufcgraphic.png

Edited by JMeeks
Season 3 Complete

Leaderboard

Final Update after Card 30 - UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs Oliveira

1. (G) Darth_Krid - 540 (+9)
  2. (S) C-IRVINE-94 - 484 (+7)
  3. (B) JMeeks - 470 (+7)
  4. Bic80 - 461 (+0)
  5. cbchaos67 - 443 (+0)
  6. BigDrama - 425 (+12)
  7. Oswald41 - 412 (+7)
  8. Pennywise247 - 260 (+0)
  9. robertevansdj - 143 (+0)
  10. MakeItQuake - 104 (+0)
  11. Raichu - 69 (+ 0)
  12. GNYG - 26 (+0)
  13. OnceFallen - 0 (+0)

Edited by C-IRVINE-94
Update

http://imageshack.us/a/img600/280/resultshp.jpg

UFC FIGHT NIGHT TEIXEIRA VS ST.PREUX

Max Holloway def. Charles Oliveira via KO

Neil Magny def. Patrick Cote via DEC

Patrick Cote def. Josh Burkman via KO *FOTN*

Francisco Trinaldo def Chad Laprise via KO

Olivier Aubin-Mercier def. Tony Sims via DEC

Valerie Letourneau def. Maryna Moroz via DEC

Frankie Perez *POTN* def. Sam Stout via KO

Felipe Arantes *POTN* def. Yves Jaouin via SUB

Nikita Krylov def. Marcos Rogerio de Lima SUB

Chris Kelades def. Chris Beal via DEC

Shane Campbell def. Elias Silverio via DEC

Misha Cirkunov def. Daniel Jolly via KO

http://imageshack.us/a/img440/8481/eventsb.jpg

SEASON 3 COMPLETE

Important Edits & Changes

• Fri 3rd Oct 2014 - Season 3 announced, Changes to the boost system, Scoring & bonuses. See the OP's.
  • Fri 14th Feb 2014 - Bonus system changed to accommodate the UFC removal of Submission & Knockout of the night bonuses. All cards for the remainder of season 2 will be 'Fight of the Night'
  • Tue 30th July 2013 - Season 2 will offer full fight cards from here on in
  • Tue 30th July 2013 - Season 2 opened for sign ups
  • Mon 17th Dec 2012 - Boost added to the prediction league, Goes live for UFC 155.
  • Wed 12th Dec 2012 - Adding new feature to the prediction league: Boost. More info to follow.
  • Sun 14th Oct 2012 - Will be adding one chosen prelim bout per card for predictions, Starting UFC On Fuel 6 (Macao) Nov 10th 2012
  • Wed 26th Sept 2012 - Edited the points system to include the type of bout finish in the place of correct round prediction.
  • Wed 26th Sept 2012 - Added the upcoming events list.

Edited by JMeeks
UFC Fight Night Holloway/Oliv

• 2 weeks later...
Well I'm back in, please add me to Season 3. Hopefully I remember to predict unlike with the WWE league.

I suppose I'll go again...

I'm absolutely in! Thanks for the heads up, and what an event to start it on!

Glad to have you three joining in, welcome back to our two regulars and welcome to Quake :D

It's time for a fighting addict to step up. Have seen a lot and catched up quite a bit so have some knowledge about it from watching so want to try this little game. Sign me up boys! :D

Well I'm back in, please add me to Season 3. Hopefully I remember to predict unlike with the WWE league.

I suppose I'll go again...

I'm absolutely in! Thanks for the heads up, and what an event to start it on!

Awesome to have you all on board, Stay safe in the knowledge that if you have a bad season you will always beat Irvine ;)